The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A Message to all of the Furhaters  (Read 523 times)

Offline Scout the Fox

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Hai! :3
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Orange body with streaks of blue and purple, purple eyes
  • Height: 6' 0"
  • Weight: 140 lbs.
  • Build: Between skinny and medium build
  • Currently: Loving the new avi > thanks ~Wolf!
A Message to all of the Furhaters
« on: November 14, 2012, 09:11:54 PM »
Ok. I'm sick and tired of people stereotyping the furry fandom and calling us *wastes of human DNA*. If you have anything to say to these scumbags... say it here. Keep your posts as nice as possible. I may or may not use your comments as points in a Youtube video I hope to make about the furry fandom and why it's a good thing to be a part of.
Obviously, I have something to say. We have occupations, lives, and hobbies just like any ordinary person. It's just that we have different interests than you do. Nobody deserves to HAVE to be like anyone else. They are unique. And this fandom is filled to the seams with unique people. We are all friends, unlike you scumbags that sit on the internet all day and pick on people like us. You should be the ones getting criticized for what you're doing. And NEVER EVER say that we hurt animals... because that is the complete opposite of what we do.
I love this fandom. Many people love this fandom because it works for them. We stand tall. We are a group of friends. We are furries. Why don't you just leave us alone? We're not bothering you. Don't bother us unless you have something nice to say. Oh yeah. And quit stalking us on the internet. You're the creeps for doing that. Not us.
Good Luck Today

Offline Byracka

• Dancing Dragon
  • I'm a positive bastard (sugar)
    • Awards
  • Currently: Imma murr!
Re: A Message to all of the Furhaters
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 11:04:03 PM »
If a group, or an individual is different from the global, average, norm. Hate will gather around. This is true for every fandom, or group or occupation ect ect. Now, this is especially true for furries because we often seem so of the charts different for many people that they don't know how to respond properly.  Instead of picking fights with those that, to put it frankly, spread lies and rage for the sake of raging. Be the best person you can possibly be, show those around you proper information and try to the greatest of your extent to shed a positive aura on what you love.

Normal aguments won't work with haters. It just wont. It doesn't matter if you so write a ten page essay that is the most perfect piece of information about furries there is. Instead, ignore and be the better person. Because for every tenth post of putrid hate you find. There will be one of admiration and help, and that makes it all worth in the end.
I do not bite unless you want to! So send a PM if there's anything you want to say :3

Backscratch

Offline NovaAurora

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum.
  • May the FURS be with you!
    • Awards
  • Species: Mostly wolf, part dragon
  • Coloring: Dark and light gray, with black streaks and dark blue extremities.
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Long and lanky, muscular but not bulging.
  • Currently: PC gaming... FINALLY!!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 11:45:38 PM »
I'm with Byracka. All people like the one who wrote that article are trying to do is get attention. The more we acknowledge them and let them anger us the more we're just feeding the trolls. As Byracka said, there will always be haters, especially for something like furries, and the key is to disprove them not by arguing with them but just existing as a better person. It's a waste of effort to try and debate with them, because articles like that are clearly written by kids who have no life and just want to rile people up on stupid websites like that one. I mean really, the website itself is one of the least credible ones out there, and the content is so incredibly juvenile and preposterous that I can't even be bothered to get mad at it. In fact it's almost funny- I was dying of laughter at how utterly absurd some of the stuff written in there was. Let's just be content in the knowledge that we're way better than any of these silly lies and ignore the trolls.

~*Airforce Fleet commander*~
We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Come raise your lantern to the sky
And let's illuminate this night
We'll dance like heathens
Around the flames
And while the world sleeps
WE ARE AWAKE!

Offline Byracka

• Dancing Dragon
  • I'm a positive bastard (sugar)
    • Awards
  • Currently: Imma murr!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 11:56:34 PM »
 I mean really, the website itself is one of the least credible ones out there, and the content is so incredibly juvenile and preposterous that I can't even be bothered to get mad at it. In fact it's almost funny- I was dying of laughter at how utterly absurd some of the stuff written in there was.

That is a very good point aswell. It's just a bad source of information. Bad sources are those who only focus on one aspects. That site focused only on the bad things (and multiplied it tenfolds with colourful language and ideas). It is also wrong to focus only on the good. And we can only grow as a community if we are realistic, know about both the good and the bad and move from there. Though in my own honest opinion. I feel there's so much good here that any bad feels arbitrarily small.  :)
I do not bite unless you want to! So send a PM if there's anything you want to say :3

Backscratch

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 03:29:40 AM »
I notice the hatred a little less than I used to, but honestly I despise Furry Haters. And anyone who says we should just ignore them, especially when they make the most offensive, absolutely infuriating comments about furries, is a complete fool. I've said several times that ignoring NEVER works, but I still see people suggest it. No matter how much I ignore, it just makes things worse.

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 03:37:54 AM »
The fictitiously vehement troll is simply saying all these things to get a rise. Simply, they do this and they have wrecked the general image, as well as general media. But, in this day and time, people are less and less inclined to be raucous haters. On the internet and off. But, the numbers are never going to reach zero, as there are gays that mock straights and those bullied that now bully. It's a sad, and almost cynical fact, but fact it is. I understand it's irritating and aggravating, but as with most other things like that, it's best to not give a shit and get them out of your hair. Block them if they persist, and if you're upset by an irritating article, edit it if you can and wish to, or just ignore it.

The fist hurts, but the silence lingers. To really hurt their efforts is to simply not care and try to explain to those either neutral or curious about the subject. Haters are everywhere, I know that incredibly well; I live with a pair of them, and they have no good reasons, just "it's not like other people." This applies to all things that aren't expected or "traditional." Just live your life how you feel most comfortable, while still getting by, of course, and to hell with the rest. Someone hating? Good for them, let them whirl about in their foolish rage over your harmless actions and your personal happiness. No point in letting yourself lose it over that, that just lets them win.

However, one thing is correct. In all their ramblings, they are wrong. Wrong as in incorrect. And who knows this? We do. We know what we are, we know who we are, they know nothing but they assume to. So revel in the fact you aren't an unreasonably biased jackass whose favorite activities are hating differences, complaining about them, and thinking you know everything about people just by a tag. I just love to look at these fools like they're stupid and walk away laughing, then avoid their company later. But, when the option is given, I generally ignore as of late. Let them soil themselves alone over something trivial. :P

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 03:41:05 AM »
Like I said, ignoring has been pushed around, but it never actually works, and it only makes us weak to ignore. Does anyone know a REAL solution? In all honesty, I am sick of seeing people tell others to ignore people.

Offline Midnight Madness

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 03:49:58 AM »
As said. The fist hurts, but silence lingers. Even if we do something, guess what, another hater is just going to take their place and try to push you around with the intent of simply getting a worded response out of you. They want you to care about what they say. Either change your mind to their thoughts or just retaliate and allow them to be stubborn asses and just toy with your feelings. Letting yourself get worked up over some harsh words and such is simply infantile. Sure, it's insulting. But what is taking it up with them going to do? They're saying it to have you defend yourself, so they can break you down and get in your head.

Ever seen a moat? You know, what castles use to keep unwanted guests out for the most part? And shields? Or even armor? They protect you against harm. Put up your own personal coat of armor and laugh at their foolish attempts to permeate your defenses.

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 04:15:55 AM »
But it's no use to just ignore them. I can normally talk rationally with if I tell them what my opinions are, but if I ignore them, that just causes me to become even MORE pissed off at them. And the more I ignore, the more pissed off I get, and that anger lingers on long after the discussion is over. There are still points from school that anger me to this day because I did not release my feelings then. This is what happens when you allow someone to get away with insults without standing up for yourself.

Offline Midnight Madness

• Scented Skunk
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 04:21:10 AM »
Then you need to learn to control that. Pardon if this sounds offensive, but that's something you have to deal with yourself.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 04:51:28 AM »
Sorry, but I'm locking this thread. Topics such as this invite way too much heated commentary, and we do our best to leave any and all trolls and troll-related drama off the forum.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.