The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hen... SHIN! Kamen Rider has arrived!  (Read 1427 times)

Offline Lux-Nero

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Count up your... Wait...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Still looking actually...
Hen... SHIN! Kamen Rider has arrived!
« on: November 10, 2012, 04:08:32 AM »
I'm new to the forum, but in any case, I thought I'd put something on here that is fun - The Japanese fandom - Kamen Rider!

Ore Sanjou!

For those of you who don't know about Kamen Rider, it is a live action show that's been based in Japan for the last 41 years! 41! Now, there are several riders in the series, and have even been the basis for other live action shows - Such as Super Sentai/Power Rangers. There have been two localized Kamen Rider series brought to the United States - the Horrendous Masked Rider by Saban and Kamen Rider Dragon Knight which was okay...

But, if you want to see the series done right, then I have to suggest to find a sub. And there's a Rider for everyone out there!

A fan of vampires? Look for Kamen Rider Kiva!

Aliens and super speed? Kamen Rider Kabuto!

Interested in hardboiled (or half-boiled) mysteries? Kamen Rider W (or Double)!

Pure humor? Kamen Rider Den-O! ORE SANJOU!

Seriously, the Kamen Rider series is vast and very diverse. Throw in the fact that the series has awesome music, epic battles, killer effects (as of late), and monster designs that can put ideas in your head, I highly suggest the series to anyone.

Heck, there's even a Kamen Rider who could be considered a furry himself! And that's the latest carnation...

The latest carnation of Kamen Rider is Kamen Rider Wizard! An awesome series that has a first for the Rider Series - The first magic user of these legendary heroes!

Now, how is Wizard a Furry? Well, allow me to explain this!

Our main character/Kamen Rider is a Haruto, a young man who loves a good powdered doughnut. But, due to an insane magical ritual that takes place during a solar eclipse, he and a number of other victims are being forced to transform into monsters known as Phantoms. These Phantoms are inner carnations of people known as Gates, and when these people are exposed to a great amount of despair or awakened with a very rare ritual, the Phantoms awaken, taking over the person.

These Phantoms are often based off of mythical creatures - Such as the minotaur, Medusa, a phoenix or in Haruto's case: A dragon.

Haruto however was able to contain the  dragon within his body, granting him the ability to use magic. However, the dragon is still within his body, and allows him to channel the magic from his Phantom through him.

The series is still rather young, but not even ten episodes in, we've seen Haruto channel more to the dragon into his powers. If I had to say, the Dragon in Haruto is literally his Fursona! And, he can actually call it out for him to ride at points and even combine with it to form the Kamen Rider's Signature attack - The RIDER KICK!

Haruto also has a number of familiars that he can call out - And they are summoned like plastic models. The familiars range from a red garuda, a yellow kraken, and a blue unicorn, all of which are amazingly cute and cool!

I highly suggest watching the series, it has good action, an amazing storyline (even if it is a monster of the week one), amazing designs, and even something for the furry fanbase.

I even have a link to the first episode on youtube, so here ya go! I promise, you won't be disappointed!

[Over-Time] Wizard Ep 1 (Subs) Wizard Show Time
I'd like to know what you guys think of the series, and as a final note, I'll also mention this since its also a relevance to the furry community. In a good portion of the Kamen Rider Series, we've got a lot of animal based enemies, and these enemies often disguise themselves as humans. But, in some series, the humans actually become the monsters - This is show more often in Kamen Riders W and Fourze, where the humans can transform into animal based creatures (This is shown more in Kamen Rider Fourze while Kamen Rider W focuses on random basis like VIOLENCE or SKULL, but there are a few animal based enemies). Its at least worthwhile to check out one of the series, who knows? Maybe you'll find a new design for character or so.
-shrugs-

Offline Amethyst star

• Avid Aardvark
  • I like cute and girly things
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: My main fursona is a bat and my other fursona is a Bunny and lion hybrid
  • Coloring: Main fursona has gray,white,magenta,neon blue the other has white,purple,light blue,and light purple
  • Height: 5'5aprox.
  • Weight: 105
  • Build: Skinny
  • Currently: In a good mood,I feel like doing anything right now!
Re: Hen... SHIN! Kamen Rider has arrived!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 10:26:55 PM »
I agree 100% with everything here but you forgot to mention how OOO is actually really awesome for furries because the forms he has are based on animal's traits! ^^
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 10:29:52 PM by Celescat »
Looking for other  furries to befriend :) Also I make cute art and I obviously love anything cute so if you have any cute pics then send them!

Offline Lux-Nero

• Avid Aardvark
  • Count up your... Wait...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Still looking actually...
Re: Hen... SHIN! Kamen Rider has arrived!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 10:27:05 PM »
I agree 100% with everything here but you forgot to mention how OOO is actually really awesome for furries because the forms he has are based on animal's traits! ^^

lol

I was actually going to use that for a reason once more people posted on here. I'd also like to point out that Den-o had a lot of animal based characters, including most of the main Imajin. Urataros - Turtle

Kintaros - Bear

Ryuutaros - Dragon

Sieg - Swan

Not to mention most of the Imajin enemies are animal based and fairy tail based as well.

-smirks-
-shrugs-