The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Otebon's attempts at art  (Read 877 times)

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Bibliophilic Philosopher
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • How can you expect to win if you don't play?
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white.
  • Height: 6' 4''
  • Weight: 180 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and strong
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: No longer a member
Otebon's attempts at art
« on: October 28, 2012, 11:50:00 AM »
Hello all,

I will be the first to tell you that I am not an "art" person. I am a writer that aspires to the high realms of "art" that some of my heroes live and work in. However, I'm in a drawing class... and I thought I'd share my first stabs into the realm.

"As Per Normal", "Lights", and "Projector" were in-class projects to draw rough sketches (very quick line drawings where the tightness of the line and emphasis on form is not important) of objects we found. For "As per normal" I experimented with color a little bit. The title means something to me and I am willing to answer questions about it if you desire.

Have at it. As soon as I can post again I will have another piece up. So... in 24 hours or after another person posts.

[attachment deleted by admin]
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline Kite

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • ohai!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Black Fox
  • Coloring: Black, White and Red
  • Height: 5ft 3"
  • Weight: Slightly underweight
  • Build: feminine
  • Currently: EVERYTHING
Re: Otebon's attempts at art
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 12:03:00 PM »
Some nice drawings there Otebon :D
Wait, what did I do again?

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Bibliophilic Philosopher
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • How can you expect to win if you don't play?
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white.
  • Height: 6' 4''
  • Weight: 180 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and strong
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: No longer a member
Re: Otebon's attempts at art
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 12:25:47 PM »
I appreciate it Kite. And, as promised, here is the other sketch.

Did this one recently in a bit of a rage. The actual title is "Clenched Fist" but my computer wouldn't allow that for some reason...

I apologize for the "soft" edges, that is an artifact of my scanner and not much I can do to clean it up. It does destroy some of the quotes... but again, I can't fix that. I edited out my name and replaced it with my Username. Forgive me for being paranoid.

[attachment deleted by admin]
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively