Author Topic: Memories: Recovering What's Lost  (Read 985 times)

Offline Zey

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Memories: Recovering What's Lost
« on: October 17, 2012, 01:41:38 AM »
About my last story, I decided not to continue it. I didn't quite like the way it was going, so I trying a new one! Yayyy...

Chapter 1
"Hurry it up, Kid!" The coyote at my door huffs. She acts like she can't wait for me to grab my things! I just forgot to put something in my bag. I grab a pile of cards that were neatly placed on my dresser and turn to the girl. She's covered from neck to toe in a navy blue robe, our school uniform. Upon her head is a witch's hat, also part of the uniform. She has blue eyes and long pink hair that comes down to the middle of her back. "You ready to go yet?"

"Yup!" I respond cheerfully. I'm really excited for my first day at Arcadus, the school for the magically gifted. "Lead the way Miss...?"

"Call me Master."

I laugh sheepishly. "Very funny... So what's really your name? I'm Yuma. Yuma Skiatomi."

"I'm serious. You will address me as Master." The girl hops onto an orange and black bike that was parked outside.

"I don't think so..." I say as I put on my rollerskates.

"You wanna survive in this school?"

"Yes...?" I gulp. What does she mean by 'survive'?

"Then stay on my good side."

"...Yes, Master."

Master takes off, and I swiftly follow behind her. "Have you ever wanted to remember?"

"What?" She shouts.

"Have you ever wanted to remember? You know, like you life before coming to this island? That is how it works, right? You come to this island, and you forget your life before coming here. You're given a new name and 50 coins for paying for a home and groceries. From there, you find out your talents yourself and try to find a job to pay for your new home. Am I right?"

"Yes. That's all true."

"But do you ever wish to remember?"

Master slows down to a coasting speed. She whispers something inaudible.

"Huh? What'd ya say?"

"Ignis Inspiratione!" Suddenly, a large blast of flames explodes infront of me, sending me flying back, scorched and confused. "I don't have time for this. Try to keep up, Slave." Master takes off again, this time dissapearing behind a corner.

"Wha...?" I get up quickly. "Wait a sec! I'm not you slave!" I dash after her, and when I turn the corner, I nearly crash into her because she was standing next to her bike right after the corner.

"Starting now, you are."
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 06:21:45 PM by Rakukanteki »

Offline Zey

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Re: Memories: Recovering What's Lost
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 05:39:53 PM »
 Just something I'd like to say before I start, if there is anything you'd like to tell me about this story, please tell me. I'm afraid to continue because I'm not sure of what anyone thinks about it. I'd really be happy if you would. Maybe not on this thread, but maybe by a message to me. Please, I need feedback. Thank you...

This girl is strange, but she's my only ticket into the school. Hopefully, once I get in, I'll never see her again.
"Hey kid." 'Master' cuts off me thoughts, and I notice that we've stopped. "Welcome to Arcadia." Before I can take in the scenery, she drags me into the school and shoves me into a crowd of students. "Stay here until your class is given to you." And with that, she storms off.
"Apparently, Mistress Maria has taken a liking to you." I turn and see the voice is coming from a skunk with black fur and two purple stripes going up his face. "Name's Kasey. And you?"
"I'm Yuma. What do you mean 'taking a liking to me'? She's been treating me like trash since this morning when she came to pick me up."
"She came to pick you up!? She has high hopes for you." He smiles. "Don't worry; it'll only get better from here!" A student behind us shoves me and tells us to quiet down because the principle is about to speak. He was an old man with no hair and a long white robe on. Around his waist is a sword within its scabbard.
"Dear students," He began, "Allow me to welcome you to Arcadia, a school for Mages in training. We expect great things from you here. Without further ado, let us get you into your homerooms. Each and every one of you will be separated into four different homerooms; Master Baryon, Master Hyatt, Mistress Aqua, and Mis- I mean, Maria.”

“Why doesn’t he say ‘Mistress Maria’?” I whisper.

“I heard that she doesn’t like being called Mistress.” Kasey replies.

“Why?”

“Beats me.”

The principal pulls out a sheet of paper. “Maria’s homeroom: Drent Josephson, Fabio Greuss, Kasey Hantch…”

“Awesome!” Kasey exclaims quietly. “Now I can study The Mysterious Maria up close!”

“Good for you…” I feel sorry for you. “Too bad I won’t be in your class. You’re the only friend I have so far, but I sure that-“ I was interrupted by the sound of my name being called. “What homeroom?” I shout. Since I wasn’t paying attention, I didn’t hear him call the other homeroom teacher.

“Maria, of course.” He smiles. My blood turns cold, and my entire body became stiff. “Aren’t you glad?”

“No…” I whisper.

“What was that? My hearing has kinda gotten bad over the years.”

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!”

Offline Zey

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Re: Memories: Recovering What's Lost
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 04:27:55 AM »
Well, I'm back! And I intend to continue, and hopefully finish this story. I have big plans for this! BIG plans indeed... Mwahahahahahahahahahahaaaa! I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me. I'm good, I swear.  0:)

"C'mon Yuma, it isn't that bad." whispers Kasey. I simply shake my head as I continue working in the essay Maria is making us write. It's supposed to be about how magic can be useful in real life. Somehow, mine turned into a rant on how expensive ramen has become. I take a break and decided to look at what the rest of the class is doing. As expected, the all are diligently working of their 'master'. I'm not surprised how small the class is. Only fourteen students are in this class. The classroom itself is rather small. There are only two desks in the classroom, and they stretch from one side of the room to the other, forming a back row and a front row. We have no windows, which makes sense since the class is position in the basement floor of the school. On top of that, the room is cluttered and disorginized with books upon books about the power of the mind. She must be fascinated with it. Plus, the smell here sickens me. It reeks of stale fish and wet dog. Maybe Maria bathes down here. I look at Kasey, who has an annoyed look on his face.

"She burned me to a crisp! I don't think you have a clue at howdangerous this woman is!"

"I was wondering why you're robe looked charred. You should count yourself lucky. I hear that whenever Maria casts a spell, whoever witnesses it never lives to tell the tale."

"Then I wonder where the stories come from."

Kasey snickers. Bad move.

"Kasey!" Maria bellows. Both he and I snap our heads toward her. "Care to tell the whole class what's so funny?"

"W-well-"

"Here's a better idea. Why don't you and your little friend there tell me after class!" It was pretty obvious that what she said wasn't a suggestion, but and order.

"Yes ma'am." Kasey bows his head, ashamed of himself.

"Now get back to work. I expect this essay to be finished by the end of the class period." She glances at the watch around her wrist. "Which is about... now." The school bell rings and one by one the students line up to hand in their papers. I hesitate as I realize that on my paper was the single paragraph rant on noodles. Thanks to my quick thinking I devise a ingenius plan. I rip up the paper and clutch the pieces in my fist. When I approach her desk, I blow the paper pieces into Maria's face. The entire class gasps. "What. Was. That?"

"It, uh, represents the fleeting nature of magic and how it comes and goes through our bodies, forming a natural flow?"

To my surprise, Maria starts to laugh! "Y'know what? I was gonna flunk you, but because of your humor and slight knowledge in magic, I'll give you two D's."

"Two?"

"Yeah. One's your grade, the other stands for 'detention'. See you after school, Yuma." She starts to snicker, as we leave. "Fleeting nature?"

Once we're out of the classroom, Kasey looks at me with a wide grin on his face. "What's with you?" I ask.

"This is the first time I've ever gotten in trouble, and I'm friends with a kid who managed to get detention on his first day! On top of that, you got us out of one of Maria's legendary 'rage rants'! Do you know how cool I'll be just for talking with you? I'll be the strongest and second mast popular student at this school!"

"Good for you?" It comes out as more of a question, rather then an encourageing statement. Can you blame me though?