The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Gays and Religon: What do you think?  (Read 444 times)

Offline FoxyKevy

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Orange, Black, and White
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: Slender
  • Currently: Look up what do you see? Lights? stars? The sky is just a diffrent sea~
Gays and Religon: What do you think?
« on: September 14, 2012, 06:55:27 PM »
Okay this is a question I ask my self a lot being in my first gay relationship. Do gays really go to hell? Now I'm not very religous but I belive in 2 diffrent theroies.
1: As long as you love Jesus and accept his love in your heart, he will absolve your sins.
2: We live in purgatory (sorry if I'm spelling anything wrong)
and we must face our sins.

before you guys start to post I must say, Don't argue about anything please c: 

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Vampyric Wolf-lion
  • Coloring: Pure white with blue streaks on the chest and back.
  • Height: 6'10"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Thin, but strong.
  • Currently: Meh.....been better. But in love. ^^
Re: Gays and Religon: What do you think?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 07:02:59 PM »
No, gays don't go to hell. See, most people don't know that the New Testament actually says you can have a gay relationship (if you don't have sex) But i beleive that those who love God and try to follow His will will go to Heaven. So, even if you have sex, if you follow His will, you will go to Heaven. :3
  • Avatar by: Ventus Fall (THANK YOUS!!! :3 )
"Normal" is a word for something that doesn't exisit. It was created by those who don't challenge the status quo, and don't aspire to greatness.
Happiness is the way the Universe rewards those who face the hardships in their lives head on, with determination in their hearts.
Love is what binds us all together, what keeps us sane, makes us insane, holds the world and Universe together.
In my mind, it doesn't matter where you are going, where you've been, where you are, nor even the journey you're on. What matters is that you keep moving, no matter where you're going, where you've been, and where you are. Just keep moving.
I am White-Heart, white because it is every colour put into one, my heart is of all colours!

Offline FoxyKevy

• Avid Aardvark
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Currently: Look up what do you see? Lights? stars? The sky is just a diffrent sea~
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 07:35:28 PM »
Sopherz I had to say this at some point, i love your signiture picture X3

I've never know much about religon, for a while I had no belifes in religon, but when I decided to accept love from Jesus, I felt enlightend, I still do. Has anyone ever have an experance like that?

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 07:46:05 PM »
Being gay is not a sin, for one thing; it is a process in which your mental state is geared towards same sex attraction, and nothing more. Now, I may not be a seriously religious person, but I do understand that many religions see being a homosexual or bisexual as a "crime against our Lord and savior, Jesus Christ" or in a more blunt manner, God. Well, I'm telling you do not worry about that. God created everything, did He not? So, essentially, why would He create homosexuality simply to denounce it as sacrilege? One might say it was the doing of Lucifer, or Satan; but do the angels do these things? Not to my knowledge, they are merely messengers and warriors of God.

I could go on and on, but I think it would simply be too much. :P I wish to assist in spreading of the ideal that being a homosexual is in no way a sin (despite the fact I'm so straight I make a ruler look round), no matter what priest or Pope declares it so. Your first theory, in all cases, I would say is correct, for the most part, in accordance to the belief you hold; regardless of it being Catholicism or Christianty or any other of the denominations. Pardon if this comes off the wrong way, but it is simply how I see it.

And recall, no matter which religion you follow, they are all conjectures as to the design we are all playing in. So many different ideas, denominations and personal offshoots; it's hard to call any one idea a fact. Ever played the game telephone? Say one thing at one end of a line and the pass it along? That is what history can certainly be, at times; a game of telephone. Because by the end, it can be interpreted differently than it was at the start. So, hell? Put it out of your mind and live your life how you find yourself happiest; dwelling on consequences for things as harmless as this will only condemn you to other forms of hell. But for sake of belief, I say that, no, homosexuals do not go to hell; what supposedly benevolent being would banish for the luck of the draw? You can't help you have your interests, so why be condemned to eternal torment for them? God is a friend, Jesus is a friend; he will accept you as long as you accept Him, and Jesus shall as well.

I hope that does quell your lamenting, fear or worry; whichever it may be. And I also hope your curiosity is satisfied. Hope you come to a decision that makes you happy, Kevy. ^.=.^
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 08:48:16 AM by Sytex »

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 05:22:49 AM »
Well, I honestly can't say I agree with Sytex here, though in the bible it does state that one must not have sexual relations with another male, also the idea is that humans have "freewill" and thus can make their own decisions, thus homosexuality is only a sin if it is a "choice" or an "act of freewill". Now there's a lot of evidence to suggest that homosexuality is not a choice, but some religious people would still argue that the actual act of homosexual sex would be considered a choice even if the attraction for males is considered not a choice. Now, that is a decent argument, but it could be said that the act of homosexual sex is actually not a choice, because of the fundamental drive of humanity to have sexual intercourse. The influence of other people, society and just general instincts would constitute as so much influence that it is considered not a choice to have sex, almost as if eating food is considered not really a choice.

Either way, it doesn't really matter, mainly because there are hundreds of aspects of the bible that people refuse to follow, it's a whole pick and choosing thing.

Examples of things that are stated in the bible, that people do not choose to follow:
  • Anyone who works on the Sabeth should be executed (Exodus: 35:2)
  • No one should eat shellfish, it is an abomination (Leviticus 11:10)
  • Clothes made from two types of thread should be banned (Leviticus 19:19)
  • You are not allowed to trim your beard (Leviticus 19:27)
  • Slavery is ok and can be practiced (Leviticus 25:44)
So, there's a lot of things stated in bible that people don't follow, so I really wouldn't worry about being a homosexual and religious, God is all loving and treats all with equality as it were.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Gaara

• Avid Aardvark
  • I was born... a monster!!
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: White Rhinoceros (Ceratotherium Simum)
  • Coloring: Red Primarily with White Markings.
  • Height: 8 ft.
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Lean with spiny protrusions.
  • Currently: Want out of this hellhole!!
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 08:07:06 PM »
Here is my answer. Being Gay is not wrong. However, we live in a society that is very judgmental. A society that encourages the false concept that there is a certain way we all should be, and this concept does not embrace individuality or diversity. Because it is human nature for people to feel the need to be accepted, people often lie about who they are, or try to change who they really are in order to be accepted by others. This is one of the reasons why some Gay people are dishonest about their sexuality. Some Gay men still try to live a heterosexual life and in some cases they marry women and bring children into the world, but they are not being true to who they really are. In some cases, these men continue to be with men and live double lives. This is what is "WRONG." I am not defending the men who do this, but not everyone is strong and confident enough to be who they really are if they know that they will be ridiculed for it. The last point I am going to make is this: I have seen many cases where Gay people as well as straight people place too much emphasis on rushing into a sexual relationship instead of establishing a real connection with a partner. For those of us that want to have a real relationship, start by having a courtship period, get to know each other and respect yourself as well as the other person. No relationship should be based primarily on sex, it should be based on real "LOVE."

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 09:34:24 PM »
-No religion, No problem
-Scientists found the "gay gene"
-Bible punishes death to those who collect sticks on the sabath
-yes I am atheist
-god made gays so why would he hate them?
-most people don't even read the bible and preach it anyway
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 10:03:58 PM by MrRazot »

Offline FoxyKevy

• Avid Aardvark
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 11:53:17 PM »
 MrRazot with due respect, even though scientest found the"gay gene" science can not argue with stuff that can be tested or proven. 

Offline Gaara

• Avid Aardvark
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 07:45:32 AM »
God didn't make gays. It was just the people that didn't feel right with women and wanted to try something else. Why would God make gays if it was a sin??

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 11:40:56 AM »
What's being tested and proven?

Also I just want to apologise if I leant too far into the religious side as I don't want to be the spark of a nasty religious debate.

The sexual urge is an evolutionary trait that allows the survival of the human race.
Woman typically are "programmed" to fall for the male gender and men the same for women.
However the whole point of evolution is for genetic mutations to take place. Let's say in this case that the "program" that has a woman fall for a man, through a genetic mutation, is placed in a man. This would be what we call the "gay gene" and result in the sexual urge to no longer be for the opposite gender.

Interpret that how you want, that a god made it happen, a god did not intend for it to happen, or that there is no god.

I would also like to point out that there is no actual mention of "hell" in the bible. The idea of there being one comes from the poem "Dante's Inferno" and the idea that such a place would be in the core of the earth comes from the Demon of the Earth that rises from the crust in the book of Revelations.

If there was a hell, quite probably we would already be living there as I'm sure when Satan fell from the heavens, he did not fall into a hole that lead to the core of the earth. Rather he landed on it.

No one's going to "hell" because if you choose to believe one, we're already there.

All due respect.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 12:31:56 PM by MrRazot »

Offline Gaara

• Avid Aardvark
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 03:05:22 PM »
Your soul is made up of energy, it is not carbon based like your body. It does not need to eat, sleep, or any of the stuff your body does. It can not be hurt by anything physical or be rewarded by anything physical. So the description of both Heaven and Hell are man made delusions to either A: cause you fear into doing what it is they want, or B: Make you think you'll be rewarded by doing what they want.

What is the opposite of Death? Some of you would say life but thats wrong.. its Birth. Life is what you do between those two things. So when you Die there is either nothing, or something else.. maybe even unlife? Would explain ghost, spirits, reincarnation, and many other things Christians have a hard time excepting. Maybe there is a form of Heaven and Hell but I don't think we can comprehend it at this time... and if so, I am sure its self induced from your experiances in life.

That is my opinion.

Offline ST-84 Sahelanthropus

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Nanotech Robot
  • Height: Usually 7ft, up to 50ft
  • Currently: A weapon to surpass... well, everything.
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2012, 01:06:57 AM »
I consider myself to be a strongly Religious individual. I follow many of the rules and virtues of the Bible and believe we are all on a mission to prove ourselves worthy to be with God once again, but above all I believe people have and should always have the freedom to do what they want, as long as it is lawful and not harmful to themsevles or others. I don't see anything wrong, in any way, with homosexuality or bisexuality, but I can respect people's conflicitng opinions as long as they're not hateful. One of my father's co-workers said that gays were "weirdo people" and always made bad jokes about them, but he didn't protest their rights, and was angry about the passing of Proposition 8 here in California back in 2008, so I felt he was forgivable. But people in groups like like the Westboro Baptist Church are unforgivable in my eyes, and I would have them forcibly disbanded and given several years in prison for their crimes if I could.

Offline Nimian

• Avid Aardvark
  • How sad it would be, should laughter disappear.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Coyote
  • Coloring: Brown with black and blue accents. (picture soming soon)
  • Height: 3'6 (Feral)
  • Weight: 100 pounds
  • Build: Medium
  • Currently: Procrastinating
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 07:09:43 PM »
I personally don't believe in God, but as long as you love and believe in him, and you don't commit any REAL sins, then I don't see why you wouldn't go to heaven.
This beautifully stitched skin as white as wax, just like when they were alive. Their mouths cannot clamoir noisily or tell lies any longer. Aren't they all far more beautiful than when they were alive?