The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I really need some help. (long story) (about my autism)  (Read 366 times)

Offline Argus

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Gray,Black
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 185
I really need some help. (long story) (about my autism)
« on: October 06, 2012, 06:08:39 AM »
Ok so something new happened to day. I went to my consoler and they were asking me about school. I told her the nor I have difficulties in all my subjects except math and science. She thinks I have ADHD and might be getting me tested. I was talking about how I try my best to do well in those subjects and I can't do it. If it is not something I am interested in I either can't focus on it or forget it. My mom thinks I am just not paying attention but when my consoler said that I felt that finally someone got it. Here is how my mind works step by step. 

This is something that happened to me a few days ago

Step 1 someone says some think (ex) "I forgot to take the trash out"

Step 2 I think about me taking the trash out

Step 3 I remember the Garbage man once was smoking  marowana (sorry spelling is a issue for me and my iPod would even give me a suggestion for that)    

Step 4 I think of the person who was smoking that when we went to see the finally Harry potter movie. 

Step 5 I think of my mom reading me the books

Step 6 I think of my mom reading me some of my school history books

Step 7 I think about how much I hated my history classes

Step 8 I remember when I got an F on my report card and cried in class and this kid made fun of me. 

Step 9 I think about the bully from my bus who hit me then I hit him in the chest and pushed him down and ran home. 

Step 10 I think about when I finally beat my friend in mortal kombat. 

Step 11 I remember he introduced me to marvel vs capcom

Step 12 I remember okami hd is coming out and I stat out loud the I am excited for it to be released. 

At that point people are still talking about the trash and my mom says some annoying statement about my randomness. I sometimes forget people don't hear my mind. When my mom told me I need to stop being so random I told her one time that it isn't random my mind goes through a huge linked list. I also said I can trace it back. She was quite impressed. I told my consoler that and then I said when I am in a situation in which I can't focus on I lock out. But I am NOT doing it on porpoise. I told her my mom thinks I am being lazy. One time I studied for 4 hours really trying hard and my teacher the next day after I told her I studied she LAUGHED and said Hun just sit down I know yu didn't don't lie. I don't know why but when I am around thing I enjoy and am a 100% expert. I was doing senior work in my freshman year of high school and still couldn't spell words longer than 5 letters without help.  I can't read big words. When I know the words I am an amazing reader. My mom said since i can't be homeschooled why don't I go to public. I ignored her but told my consoler there is to much stimulation. Early in the morning (this may not be me it may be everyone to but) early in the morning no madder how early I go to be when I finally go to sleep and wake up if it is not 9 I don't think. During school even though my favorite class was second period it was like 7:30 and I was not able to focus even though I enjoy it. My history, English, reading, And spelling teachers all called me a slacker and said I admitted why I am doing terribly is because I am not enjoying it. My consoler told me that she was going ti talk to my mom about getting be a tutor. This is me last year

I go to school and usually get scolded for being late to class (either that or I skip my first period since I know I am late and want to hit my teacher)

Then I go to my next class I go into the bathroom and hide until the bell rings so I can stay calm and not get stressed to early about the crowd. That teacher knows of my autism and allows it and rights me a note to come late to my next class. 

I go there and it is art. I hate/like it. I hate it when I have a task to to a a certain amount of time to do it. I like it if it is free drawing and I can do what ever. 

I stay to help clean up and she thanks me and writes me a note to my next class. 

I go to english and now have this awful teacher. ( you should have to like kids to be a teacher) I sometimes skip that class and modified my art teachers note to make it look like that was my 4th period 

Next is science and I usually like it but can't focus since there is this bully who always smells like cigorets I front of me. I then rush out and run to lunch. But If I get caught up in a crowd I start to meltdown. 

Anyway you get the most of it. The reason I can't go there is I can't focus with the pen tapping the talking. 

Again I am not sure what this means but I am not being lazy I try my best and still most of the time fail and get scolded. I am sorry this was so long but I am angry at my mom right now since she is embarrassing me by talking about my D in spelling and then my brother comes and starts spelling the biggest words he can think of. Please tell me if I am not making cents and ask me about any holes since I cant think since I am happy it is the week end. Sorry this was long be please tell me what you think. Anyway good bye

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline
  • Coloring: Light tan
  • Height: 6' 1"
  • Weight: 380Lbs (with armor)
  • Build: Built to kill
  • Currently: FEELING GREAT!
Re: I really need some help. (long story) (about my autism)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 03:33:48 PM »
I am going to be very "Frank" With you. I had the same thing. ADHD.
ADHD one is obviously Attention-Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder.
I have had it my whole life and I will tell you right now, If you do have it, It will be a constent challenge.
Just as you explained it, If I was told to do something, and I told them later, It would escape my mind completely. That's why I developed a habit to do it eminently or stay focused. With ADHD it is very easy for me to get side tracked on many other things.

And what you explained with school, your eagerness for Math and Science but no other subjects, and the fact that you cant pay attention, I went through the same thing. Its something you cant just put Little effort into, you need to consistently address the problem, need to slap yourself every once and while to get your mind back on tract. What I recommend for reading is finding a book. Not just any book tho, something that has your interests and are challenging, and if you can, get a nook or kindle. Without a dough my kindle has brough my reading of maybe 1 book every three months (Not school required) Too about at least Ten a year.

One more thing I should warn you, There is medicine for ADHD and when I was in 1-5th I took medicen to controll it. But there was a side effect for what I took, It zapped my energy and made me depressed all the time, in the end I slowly went off my meds, being able to controll it better. And just remember, it will be something you need to work at the rest of your life. It will get easier over time as you control your self, and it is controllable.

Any further questions please by all means, ask anything.
  • Avatar by: ~dcwj @ deviantart.com

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

A Game of Thrones-I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.