The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Marvel superhero movies  (Read 3189 times)

Offline M-Dog

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White with black patches
  • Height: 5'8
  • Build: Average
Marvel superhero movies
« on: October 02, 2012, 10:07:04 PM »
I am a big fan of the marvel superhero movies, especially Iron Man because he is cool  B) .

So i thought The Avengers(2012) was a great movie. Do you guys like any marvel superhero movies?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 08:42:11 PM by M-Dog »

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Rinny

• Boisterous Bear
  • Omnomnom
    • Awards
  • Species: Red panda
  • Coloring: Red/brown/white
  • Height: 5'4"
  • Weight: 105lbs
  • Build: slim
  • Currently: Has le cookie!
Re: Marvel superhero movies
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 06:01:47 PM »
YES!!

Since Disney basically gave Marvel total control over their movies they have been wonderful! I am so excited that DareDevil (My personal favourite hero) now belongs to Marvel 100%.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Most Online
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 12:08:38 PM »
I generally liked all the marvel super hero movies, but I thought that Captain America and Thor were more filler movies than anything :3
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Rinny

• Boisterous Bear
  • Omnomnom
    • Awards
  • Species: Red panda
  • Coloring: Red/brown/white
  • Height: 5'4"
  • Weight: 105lbs
  • Build: slim
  • Currently: Has le cookie!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 10:05:14 PM »
I kinda agree, I've been a fan of Red Skull for a while now so it was nice to see him in a movie, and I liked how they portrayed Roger's past in the movie, Thor was my least favourite, personally...but that may be because I'm not a huge Thor fan to begin with.

I feel like the live action movies..Marvel has DC beat, but when it comes to animated movies DC wins ten fold. They tend to have better animation, voice acting and better stories IMO.

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 03:04:36 PM »
As long as they feature Mark Ruffalo, I'll be first in line.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Most Online
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 11:45:51 PM »
Speaking off, Iron man 3 looks good:

Iron Man 3 Trailer - Official Marvel | HD

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 01:28:31 PM »
I disagree greatly, I think it looks... shit.

It reminded me a LOT of the Transformers, which is not a good sign at all. It had very short, action packed or deadly silent clips, with some calm, emotional "speech" in the background and it didn't show Iron Man as a character at all. Look back at their first teaser of the first movie where all you hear is quiet, and Iron Man dodges a tank shot, and then sends this tiny missile at it, turns his back to it and... BOOM. Que Iron Maiden heavy metal music. It was powerful, it was simple, modern, with a touch of badassery and humor. Just like Iron Man himself. I am not looking forward to this movie, I am very afraid of being disappointed. IM2 was bad enough.

I am looking forward to the new Captain America movie. I really want to see how he is doing after waking up. If you've seen the deleted scenes from Cap. America 1 and The Avengers, you will know just how damaged he really is. If not, then you've missed a lot. I loved the first movie even though I am, as a European, by default sceptical to anything that has something to do with American patriotism, but he remains today one of my fav characters.

Mark Ruffalo (The Hulk/Bruce Banner) has signed a contract to be in 6 new Marvel movies. Some of them may just be guest appearances but I suspect... no, I expect at least one of them to be a new Hulk movie. After what Ruffalo and Whedon did with Banner, I expect a lot of character development. It will be good to see. He is such an underestimated character. Trust me, if anyone feels bad for Batman, then you better check Banner's history and life.

Thor 2? Not so sure. Didn't enjoy the first one, didn't like Thor as the childish, stupid, egoistical personality he is (though he's supposed to be like that and he's well played by a good actor). The movie was empty and boring as well. The only part I liked about it was Loki, which is also one of my favs. I hear they have a LOT planned for him in Thor 2.

The Avengers 2 and 3? We'll see. Like IM, I'm afraid they will take it too far and do it for the money. I'll be mighty impressed if they manage to keep the quality up. The first movie is almost always the best, and I have only seen one exception so far.

I also wish they would make one with Hawkeye and Black Widow. I want to know more about their past and what was mentioned in The Avengers? Budapest?

"You and I remember Budapest very differently."

I would love to see something made with these two in focus. They left too many questions about their past and brought it up too much, not to make it into its own movie.

After all, Marvel is known for its fantastic continuity.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 01:17:16 AM »
I have been loving the Marvel movies. And you know Iron Man is your favorite superhero when you have a dream about marrying Tony Stark. lol.

I had seen all the movies except Thor before seeing The Avengers and it wasn't exactly something that absolutely HAD to be seen to understand things, in my opinion, but it was still okay. I absolutely loved the Hulk/Bruce Banner in The Avengers; he was awesome. "I'm always angry."

As for Iron Man 3, I worry that the action in the trailer will be the only action, since that happens sometimes (though usually with comedies and showing all the funny parts). The first Iron Man movie trailer was definitely the best. That clip in the trailer was one of my favorite parts in the actual movie.

Also, I think it would be great for Hawkeye and Black Widow to have their own movie. Hawkeye is another one of my absolute favorites too and their story seems like it would be very interesting and entertaining.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 03:36:41 AM »
Puncia, I usually find that the third movie of the series is usually the one that wraps it up and it's usually the darkest one. So the reason it's not totally badass and iron man music is mainly because, I think, it's taking more of a dark knight approach with it.

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 02:42:40 PM »
Which is not the way to do things. TDK was a GREAT, GREAT disappointment to me. The first one was okay, the second one so-so, and the third one was not worth my money. And I am a huge Batman fan.

Dark, does not necessarily mean good. It's the easy way out to "step it up" when all you actually do is make it more dramatic. Drama does not mean good, drama is not quality and drama is overestimated.

Also, I think it would be great for Hawkeye and Black Widow to have their own movie. Hawkeye is another one of my absolute favorites too and their story seems like it would be very interesting and entertaining.
I agree, Hawkie is a great character and they did not bring him justice at all. Even apart from the fact that he spent most of the movie being mind-controlled, he had few lines, little action and generally served as a filler. Hell, I didn't know he was deaf before I looked him up after The Avengers. Remember that next time you see the movie. They could have at least mentioned it. With so many witty one-liners and humour, they could have added it for flavour to a character that desperately needed it.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 02:47:05 PM by Puncia »

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2012, 11:04:28 AM »
I dunno Puncia, I tend to disagree with you there. Dark = drama sure, but drama = suspense and suspense = excitement. You go to a movie to be excited or have a good time :P I dunno, to me, I like darker films because, to me, it's more gritty and realistic but MORE IMPORTANTLY you can spread interesting ideas better. The idea is that a bleak society of slavers is much more interesting than a perfect utopia, people like darkness, conflict, pain and fear and things that would stay on their mind. Chaos, it's what people (and I) like, a bleak society, a world that is dark where things don't just happen, where things aren't perfect, like real life.

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 02:35:55 AM »
Well TDK focused too much on drama and had nothing else worth mentioning. The plot was tame and I managed to guess the whole movie after about ten minutes, leaving me bored for the rest of it.

The characters were nowhere near what they ought to be. The judge (avoiding too many spoilers), was NOTHING AT ALL like the character he should have been. I didn't even notice it was him. He didn't fit in there either. He'd be in the background causing chaos rather than a judge. At least the way they did him.

Bane? Meh. I liked that they didn't make him a steroid oaf, but he was also rather empty. Same with Batman and.. everyone else. Catwoman wasn't even Catwoman, she was just a woman. Nothing like the original. I missed her.

Dialogues, action, actors, even the music was disappointing to me. They didn't even have Zimmer do new music, it was the same as the previous movie! Music is so important and they couldn't even be bothered.

Zane the Fox

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 12:54:39 AM »
I can't help but agree with Puncia in many area but the lately TDK as I havn't seen it yet and plan on it soon when i get the chance. I think that while the TDK was good in own standing but it dont goes well with classies well like the newest spiderman. It good by itself but ya can't help remember and think about the other movie that is already done.
ANd as for the Hulk and Thor, I love that when Hulk/Bruce Banner in The Avengers said. "I'm always angry." and went staight into fight and building hopping but my most fave is when Hulk standing  and side puch Thor so hard, after Hulf and Thor helped eachother to take down the nasty dragon-like, I laught so hard that I almost died on the floor.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2012, 03:31:01 AM »
I want a Nightcrawler movie. :x

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2012, 12:53:36 PM »
I want a spawn movie (forgot whether that was marvel though >.<)