The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Therian Phantom Parts  (Read 9260 times)

Offline Riku Aotsuki

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Who...am I...?
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Snow Leopard!
  • Coloring: Primarily a blue so pale it's almost white
  • Height: 5' 9"
  • Weight: 95lbs not including the weight of his fur.
  • Build: Very lean, but enough muscle so as not to look skeletal.
  • Currently: Listening to music!
Therian Phantom Parts
« on: July 31, 2012, 03:40:08 AM »
Personally, phantom tail, ears, and wings are common for me. But I have had times where I had phantom everything, fur, whiskers, muzzle, it was awesome. What about you guys? Also, any weirder phantom experiences? Once I laid my tail across my lap and my legs fell asleep. Another time, my hands turned into paws. I played with my claws. When I looked down, they were PAWS. I didn't even realize the fact til I looked down a second time and they were hands again.
Many children fear the darkness. The wisest know that this is foolishness; it is the shadows that should be feared.
~Riku Aotsuki
The you you think of as you is not you. The you that thinks of you as you is not you. Who then, desires to become enlightened?
~Jed McKenna

Offline MatthewFur

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
Re: Therian Phantom Parts
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 07:38:59 AM »
I've had phantom canines before, if that counts. I grit and bare my teeth when irritated or apprehensive, and sometimes my canines feel like they've taken up more space. Some of my friends claim I have large canine teeth.

Offline KibaShadowpaw

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Timberwolf/Siberian Husky
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 03:25:35 PM »
Phantom ears and tails are the most common of phantom limbs, I myself, always have a spirit tail and ears~ They're very useful, my ears allow me to hear alot better than normal, which i have extraordinary hearing, my tail tends to sway and act according to my moods, and there's alot of times when i'll be lost in thought, and my rear begins to sway as my tail wags, others look at me kind funny, and some thing it's cute ^///^; I've been full-bodied as the wolf i am, i've even gained the natural speed and stamina wolves have~ As for your weird experience with laying your tail across your lap and your legs falling asleep, that is due to the immense spiritual energies residing within your tail itself. I've had bodily transformations, so the paws experience is rather amusing, and i'm sure if you were to meditate hard and long enough, you'd be able to achieve a self-transformation and  control your phantom limbs. I know i've had enough experience that i can do it sub-consciously, as well as consciously, as well as having them around for hours or days at a time without being affected in any way, mainly being spiritually drained

Personally, phantom tail, ears, and wings are common for me. But I have had times where I had phantom everything, fur, whiskers, muzzle, it was awesome. What about you guys? Also, any weirder phantom experiences? Once I laid my tail across my lap and my legs fell asleep. Another time, my hands turned into paws. I played with my claws. When I looked down, they were PAWS. I didn't even realize the fact til I looked down a second time and they were hands again.

Offline Riku Aotsuki

• Boisterous Bear
  • Who...am I...?
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 05:12:39 PM »
I have been able to control my tail and occasionally manifest it on a will. I do understand the hearing sensitivity, I get both that and sensitivity to smell.
Many children fear the darkness. The wisest know that this is foolishness; it is the shadows that should be feared.
~Riku Aotsuki
The you you think of as you is not you. The you that thinks of you as you is not you. Who then, desires to become enlightened?
~Jed McKenna

Offline KibaShadowpaw

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 07:03:28 PM »
-nods softly- all my senses are heightened when my spirit form is present~ i much prefer to be in my original form than stuck in this dreadful human body

Offline Riku Aotsuki

• Boisterous Bear
  • Who...am I...?
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 07:28:19 PM »
I want to get into astral projection so I can run around in spirit form, actually. It would be awesome.
~Riku Aotsuki
~Jed McKenna

Offline KibaShadowpaw

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 02:26:23 AM »
The best way to achieve astral projection is to meditate  before you go to bed, and make sure you focus on your spiritual body, envision what you want, and it will come to you~ Or you can take a different approach, if you know how to trigger lucid dreams, use that to help you achieve astral projection. If you find yourself in a lucid dream, then envision yourself in that lucid dream, projecting yourself. What will also help is if you follow the necessary steps to achieve AP, burning the specified candles, or herb/incense, plus keep in mind your surroundings when you attempt it, so you will astral project where your body is laying, so it's easier for you to return to your body if you so desire~

you can PM me if you wish to learn more, i would be more than happy to help you achieve your goals~ <3

Offline Balasthor

• Avid Aardvark
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Brown I guess, but... I don't think too much about it
  • Height: I don't know. I'm typing wolf, so... Wolf height :D
  • Weight: Maybe 65 kg, but I'ts not precision information
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 10:00:12 PM »
When I walk on the street I can feel my tail. I like it. I can't activate it when I want but I work about it. I can control this feeling but this activate when this want. When this do alone my feeling is stronger and I feel very good my whole parts. When I want do it then success but feeling is weak. I'ts not the same I fell different between alone changing and changing activate from me.
Be only yourself

Offline Naali Vekkinei

• Avid Aardvark
  • I leave my humanity to become a fox.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Arctic fox from Finland
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic fox
  • Coloring: White, black, brown
  • Height: 32cm
  • Weight: 9kg
  • Build: Small, light, agile
  • Currently: Quiet and Shy
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 05:59:56 AM »

Often in front of a mirror on very much I could see a brief lapse oneself as the animal.
I have no influence to it. Sometimes a great willingness is overcoming me to go on four legs.
I feel my tail and my ears, something often runs out in such a way that I have I am not able to keep something or to catch with hands when have an outline of hooves.

I feel the hair, I am feeling as the animal. I am having such visual feeling often that the body of the horse is covering the body of the man, considers himself then to be the animal.
The body of the horse is kind of transparent and then is disappearing and I am feeling disorientated how I would awake out, it the way somebody will fall into a pensive mood and somebody will break it.
I adore the ones moment when I consider myself to be the animal, I adore my tail.
Sometimes moving back I am under the impression that I will stumble but also this way this wonderful emotion is when are going he is moving.  ^_^
Sydämellisin terveisin Helsingista! =^.^=

Offline Bellamina

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Currently: Scared
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 07:00:41 PM »
With time when I walk on the street I feel the tail. I can lightly move it. Very much I like it, it is a pity that it happens quite rarely.
When I am looking in the mirror it is flashing me my real, animal "I". I got scared a bit, when I noticed it for the first time, but now it is for me normal.
Farther... irresistible desire for walking on four paws. In the childhood this way I have often played. All other children remained people, but I preferred to be an animal. Now I must dominate it.

Offline Thagrahn

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger and Lynx
  • Coloring: White and Black; Grey, Tan, and White
  • Height: 5' 4"; 5' 0"
  • Weight: 135 lb; 107 lb
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 11:42:48 PM »
I know a lot of Therians have the phantom ears, tails, and paws, but for some reason every so often when I do feel my ears and tail, I also feel like my body has feminine curves event though I'm male. Any one else have something strange like that?
I am Thagarhn, nothing more, nothing less.

Offline vulpes inculta

• Avid Aardvark
  • All the men in my life are fictional
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: fox Neko
  • Coloring: Grayish
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 175 Lbs.
  • Build: slightly chubby
  • Currently: Watching an awful lot of anime
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2013, 09:11:55 AM »
I've had phantom ears, tail, claws, fangs. and once I appeared to have a light coat of fur all over my body. that's usully it, but I like it much more than when I'm "normal."
To heal, your scars
 I will give you everything I can
 (whoa)
 This war, of hearts
 We will rise again and take a stand
 (whoa)

I can lead you to salvation
 Yet I am just a man

I'm a loaded gun,
 An only son,
 But I'm nobody's hero
 I've come undone
 I'm on the run
 Yeah, I'm nobody's hero
 -Nobodies hero, By black veil brides

Saw the fallout 4 trailer a few days ago... SO ****ING EXCITED!!

Offline Honey Bun

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Scurry Furry Fury!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Bunny
  • Coloring: White fur with brown patches and a few patches of light brown spots on her thighs.
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 200lbs.
  • Build: Average.
  • Currently: I am bunny- watch me hop. *floofy hopping*
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2014, 06:24:28 PM »
I get therian phantom limbs all the time. And while my kintype is technically an animal, my phantom limbs are oftentimes things that don't make sense with my type. I can't figure out why.  :S

More than anything, I get pointy ears that "perk up" when I hear a sound, or when I'm really focusing on something.

I also sometimes look at my feet, and my mind starts registering them as back paws. I have to remind myself that they're human feet. It's really weird, and kinda freaks me out sometimes cuz it's so strong a phantom shift.

I feel a tail every once in a great while. I long one. Though I think it's more cuz I want one than anything else.  >.>

I feel something on my back here and there too. Sometimes I wonder if it's wings, but I can never figure out the true form. Oh well. *shrugs*

Oh, and ever since I was a kid, I've gotten this strange phantom.. horn, I guess? Every once in a while, I can feel it growing on the top of my head/forehead. It's weird.

I'm just confusing, I guess. I don't understand myself.  o.O
*hops away*

Offline Kozy

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox :3
  • Coloring: Milk chocolate w/ darker tips, spring green eyes, lighter creamish bib and belly
  • Build: Chibi / slim quadrupedal
  • Currently: Shy / Lonely
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 06:58:07 PM »
I think I get this.
I often feel the need to double check my body, feels like what should be there isn't there or like certain parts should have a certain shape but don't. I often have a hard time trying to work out what's happening inside me, too, sometimes it puts me off my food or makes me panic, it's like my insides are slightly out of place or over-sized even though they're not (for a human, anyway). I guess to describe its like a patient in hospital who just lost a limb or had a transplant may be? Like I'm trying to feel something that's not there anymore. I also expect that the wind will raise my fur and that then I realise I've no fur but I like feel the expected feeling of fur in the wind, like when I brace for pain and feel the pain a bit even though I don't actually get the pain. Once I went to the cinema and felt like I really hard to walk on all fours, I don't know what did it but I had to really force myself to walk upright. I often feel my posture isn't right, I have a hard time being in a normal posture sometimes, and sometimes I feel my tail sway and I can expect-feel my fur get fanned. I don't know about ears, I wouldn't say I felt them anymore than I think anyone feel their ears, but there's this sense they're out of size and I sort of feel them rotate, it makes my brow/eyelid lift sometimes like I'm scanning my surroundings, very alert to sound. In fact so much, I can appear out of tune to what others next to me are talking about. And mentally, too, I like to sleep in the day even though I really can't in lifestyle, and I'm always a fox in dreams, I also am my fursona in my dreams at times, too. I don't know if its a therian thing but I also have like a daemon, like in the film Golden Compass? I always have, I taught him how to speak, he's a fox though he can maintain other forms too, he's always been with me, we like psychically communicate mostly rather than talk and if we talk it tends to stay in my/our head. I'm usually quiet and my mind is more subconscious than talkative but I think about others', it makes me want to have close friends to care for, like a fox in a fox family (not picky on species, though).

Offline alpha wolf

• Avid Aardvark
  • Unleash the wolf in you
    • Awards
  • Species: arctic timber wolf
  • Coloring: brown, white and blakc
  • Height: 5 ft 8 in
  • Weight: 165 lbs
  • Build: Bodybuilder
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Hopefully with My dog
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 02:55:58 AM »
During wrestling matches I often feel phantom claws. 
I have had a phantom tail before but that is rare.  I only ever experience these in Judo or wrestling matches.  This even happened when I was young.  I wrestled in 4th grade and I felt them.  At the time I had no idea what it meant.
I used to be completely feral.  However I have been becoming more werewolf like as years pass.