The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Game I made  (Read 1455 times)

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Most Online
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Game I made
« on: July 10, 2012, 09:53:53 AM »
Here's a game I made for school :P
Just extract the .rar and double click on the "TechnoRiffs" application.
This game will only work on windows.
You also need .NET Framework 4. (If you don't have it get it here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851)
(Note: The reason the scrollers are un-sychronised is because of an issue with laggy computers. They come out randomly to avoid such issues, they do not follow the song format).

http://www.mediafire.com/?i50bdcfogj5aldk

So tell me any bugs you find or any suggestions you make. Anything you say will help me get a better school mark :D
Also note, it's the first finished game I've ever done so don't expect something amazing xD

Known Bugs: [Note: (now fixed) means that I've fixed it but the version seen here ^ is still the bugged version]
-Resizing form stuffs up gameplay (now fixed)
-Try Again button doesn't work (now fixed)
-Not making the high score list outputs 11 scores rather than 10 (now fixed)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 11:07:57 AM by anoni »
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • I dream a lot (thinking) and I make dreams (games)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dreamfox
  • Currently: be nice and you will have great dreams!
Re: Game I made
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 05:05:33 PM »
I did see one strange thig, I don't know if this is a bug.
Okay, I had select a song and I had select difficult and now I see the contols screen. then I hit space and then the game close itself.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Most Online
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 01:44:13 PM »
I'm getting the same issue, thanks Beatnory!
The problem was when going to the control screen the "Exit!" button didn't disable, it only turned invisible. So the cursor would automatically go over the invisible "Exit!" Button. When you press "space" it's like pressing enter so you click the exit button.

The Exit button has now been disabled, thank you beatnory I would of never caught that without you! :D
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • I dream a lot (thinking) and I make dreams (games)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dreamfox
  • Currently: be nice and you will have great dreams!
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 07:19:57 PM »
Your welcome sir.