Author Topic: people who say gay marriage is wrong  (Read 924 times)

Offline Tron Cat

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Why must you burn a hole so deep in to my soul
    • Awards
  • Species: white tiger
  • Coloring: white and black
  • Height: 6"4'
  • Weight: 230
  • Build: like a truck
  • Currently: things weren't always this way and I know you not blame
people who say gay marriage is wrong
« on: June 26, 2012, 10:15:04 PM »
First off let me just say that this is my opinion and i think every is entitled to have an opinion and if i make anyone mad I'm sorry.  I my self am gay and i personalty am angered by people that say gay marriage is wrong and should not be allowed. Who are they to say what is right or wrong and is it not our right to get married in our pursuit of happiness. People who say its wrong all ways have the same EXPLETIVE DELETED argument that it is agents god which the act of say that it is agents god show their stupidity if it truly was then why would god make gay people in the first place. One more thing these people who say its wrong and make it their goal to make sure that it is not made legal don't they have better thinks to do than pore hate on people that have never wronged them over something that dose not even concern them.
This my opinion on the mater and I hope i didn't make anyone mad but if i did sorry but every has the right to an opinion and i'd like to heir all of yours on this mater.

Offline Dirtcopter77

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 11:21:31 PM »
If they're not gay, why should they care? They won't lose their job, they won't lose their house, they won't lose anything. People just hate people who are different from them, sadly.
Furry Code: FDL3adrw A++++ H-- M- R+++ T++ W Sm RLCT* a- cn++++ d+++ e++ f-- h- i++ j--- p+++ sm-

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • To the moon
  • Species: Cheetah Fox!
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 66 kg
  • Build: Relatively Lean
  • Currently: Collecting the pieces of my life and putting them back together.
Re: people who say gay marriage is wrong
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 03:41:03 AM »
I think people have every right to believe what they want about gay marriage but when they want their belief to become law then they've taken it too far. In my opinion, if two legal, consenting adults who love each other want to get married then they have every right to do so.

• Signature art by: The Black Keys

I must admit
I can't explain
Any of these thoughts racing
Through my brain

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Most Online
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 09:44:48 AM »
There are definite flaws with common arguments that say that gay marriage is wrong.

A) Gay Marriage is against god!
 -Yes, it is, but that does not mean that gay marriage should be illegal, religious marriage is only ONE form of marriage, there are others including the idea of state marriages, which legally marries people through the state system rather than through a religion.

B) Gay Marriage will destroy the holy institute of marriage!
 -Even if that was true, it's irrelevant, the holy institute of marriage has already been destroyed with people marrying for only 1 year (or even a few weeks) and two thirds of all marriages leading to divorce.

Those are the two main arguments and they aren't that great.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • I dream a lot (thinking) and I make dreams (games)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dreamfox
  • Currently: be nice and you will have great dreams!
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 04:56:13 PM »
For me it's normal to see gay people. Some gay people are nice some aren't; There just like each other person.
If they want to Merry, why not.

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When god closes a door, I plant a breaching charge
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: African Painted Dog
  • Coloring: Black, red and white.
  • Height: Standing: short. Sitting: Slightly... taller?
  • Weight: 97.000000000000017 Kg
  • Build: Medium build, muscular.
  • Currently: Working on the sweetest sciences
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 06:39:11 PM »
Eh, people's opinions are people's opinions. If a religious state says that it is wrong they can make it law and I accept that, but most countries aren't religious in nature, and any regulation on sexual preference or pairbonding really defies those inalienable rights we hear so much about...

But you won't change people by complaining about it. The more of an issue it becomes, the more hat eit will recieve... It's social friction, the pressure has to be applied just right...

Now I do see ONE issue with gay marriage in that there were some problems with religious institutions refusing to marry homosexual couples (which is, as we should all know, their right as religious institutions) being sued by said couples, but that can be easily rectified with some minor legislation.
  • Avatar by: Myself, during an experiment with inversion.
"Science isn't about being conservative with your cash, it's about spending as much as you can as ridiculously as you can and hoping it doesn't explode."
- Sjin

-Aoren Rekner Ilon Deringer, F.D.F. Mechanised Unit Commander, Four Stars.

Life is an adventure! Sure, you'll probably spend most of it weeping uncontrollably, and on fire, but hey!

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • To the moon
  • Species: Cheetah Fox!
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 66 kg
  • Build: Relatively Lean
  • Currently: Collecting the pieces of my life and putting them back together.
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 06:48:22 PM »
 I do see ONE issue with gay marriage in that there were some problems with religious institutions refusing to marry homosexual couples (which is, as we should all know, their right as religious institutions) being sued by said couples, but that can be easily rectified with some minor legislation.

Very good point, allowing gay marriage should not infringe on the rights of religious people.
If they don't wish to allow same-sex marriage within their own church then they shouldn't have to.
  • Signature art by: The Black Keys

I must admit
I can't explain
Any of these thoughts racing
Through my brain

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 08:34:50 PM »
I feel that such legislation protecting the opinions of such institutions would do a lot to ease tensions down here in SoCal, but I dunno how much it would help elsewhere.
"Science isn't about being conservative with your cash, it's about spending as much as you can as ridiculously as you can and hoping it doesn't explode."
- Sjin

Life is an adventure! Sure, you'll probably spend most of it weeping uncontrollably, and on fire, but hey!

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 08:48:33 PM »
I think there it is inevitable that gay marriage becomes legal all over the world,
the people against it are just scared of change and i think ignorance is playing a major role.

However the stupidity of some people who now chose to boycott Oreo because of their choice to support Gay rights.

None the less, I support you.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 08:49:40 PM »
It's a fairly modern trend in the scheme of things, too.
Look at renaisance italy.
- Sjin

Offline Tron Cat

• Boisterous Bear
  • Why must you burn a hole so deep in to my soul
    • Awards
  • Species: white tiger
  • Coloring: white and black
  • Height: 6"4'
  • Weight: 230
  • Build: like a truck
  • Currently: things weren't always this way and I know you not blame
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 09:32:35 PM »
If they're not gay, why should they care? They won't lose their job, they won't lose their house, they won't lose anything. People just hate people who are different from them, sadly.

Well said but, don't think they "hate" whats different ,but some do, I think they are just afraid of the change. 

Offline Dirtcopter77

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 10:43:48 PM »
I suppose that's a good way to describe it too. And yes, by "people", I meant "individuals opposed to gay marriage."
Furry Code: FDL3adrw A++++ H-- M- R+++ T++ W Sm RLCT* a- cn++++ d+++ e++ f-- h- i++ j--- p+++ sm-

Offline Colioli4

• Dancing Dragon
  • One furry for all, all furries for one!!!!!
    • Awards
  • Species: Husky (And part Vulpix/ part Mew: Internet does not lie!!!)
  • Coloring: black and white (more black than white)
  • Height: 1,80 meter
  • Weight: 65 kilo's
  • Build: Lean, stealthy
  • Currently: I haz returnd to ze Forums!!! Hello everyone, and nice to meet ya all!!!
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 02:42:54 PM »
I am totally on favor of gay marriage. I myself am not gay, but I have friends who are. If they aren't allowed to marry, are they even counted as humans by society? One of those friends fell in love with me. That did scare the crap out of me. I said some terrible things... But this event did open my eyes. In what kind of world do we live? Those people, for whatever reason, hate around the 10% of the world. That is the number of people that are gay, lesbian, bi, transsexual. I hope that the world will open its eyes, cause only 21% of the world population is in favor of the gay people.

Obama is in favor of gay marriage. He is right. Sadly, from the stories I heard, the majority of the American citizens has a different opinion... :(
  • Avatar by: No avatar found yet... Anyone??? :?

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army.

Offline Furjangles

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: Golden Brown
  • Height: 5'11"
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 04:02:12 PM »
What really gets me is that it's called "gay marriage", why? Why?!

Is hertrosexual marriage called "straight marriage"? No it bloody well isn't. So why isn't homosexual marriage just accepted as "marriage", because that's what it is, 2 humans who love each other, making a bond together in the form of marriage. Thats what i think anyway. People just called it gay marriage to make it separate from "their" form of marriage (for whatever reason religion or just culture made it a thing of difference) when it really isn't.

Gays, straights, bi's... Everyone of us is human, everyone of us deserves the right to marry who we please, that's what rights are! Someone being denied right to happiness because someone else thinks it infringes on their rights? What a load of BS! It's hate crime in my eyes, I mean people use the word homophobe as well, but I thought about this and let me just explain phobia to y'all;
Phobia
from the Greek: φόβος, Phobós, meaning "fear" or "morbid fear"
Its a fear... so homophobia = a fear of another humans sexuality? I mean sorry but thats crap, how can you have a fear of that... Its a lie, it really is, you wanna know what I call these people instead? Horrible twats (I normally use a much stronger word that twats but I'm trying to follow de rules :| )
  • Avatar by: AmethystSheep(FurAffinity)
Bigger mane, bigger... Y'know...

Offline Bigieu

• Vibrating Furby
  • Innocent bystander
    • Awards
  • Species: Housecat
  • Currently: Studious
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2012, 11:28:42 PM »
I think it's everyone's right to debate what's right and what's wrong. It's how we figure out what is right and what's wrong (or what simply is) instead of just saying that whatever we want to do and whatever feels good is right regardless of how it affects others or any damage - obvious or otherwise - that it causes. Just think, if we never argued ethics, even things that we already agree or disagree with, we'd have significantly more bad things in our midst simply because we never bothered to look at them with a critical eye in the name of "tolerance." Maybe less good things, too.

I'm bisexual and I support the right of the opposition to peacefully disagree and protest because of what their ability to debate right and wrong supports in the big picture. A lot of arguments on both sides are pretty poor, though, and when people bring violence into the picture it's a whole different story.

I've spent time in communities where debate and criticism are smothered, and it's terrifying. I grew up in a spiritual community so intent on never offending anyone or being intolerant that nobody even dared speak out against people who were leading members as young as 11 (me) into dangerous practices to feel powerful. "Tolerance," in its bastardized form, stripped me of my identity for years when those illusions crumbled because to argue with what people believed and enjoyed even if something didn't seem right or clashed with their own beliefs and values would just be mean, right? I don't agree on the topic, but we need the ability to argue. Right now it's something we think is fine, but we can't cherry-pick what does and doesn't get the once-over or the thousand-over.

Defend the topic and defend it well, don't attack the opposition for being opposition.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 11:45:40 PM by Bigieu »