The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Calling all Roleplayers interested in serious RPs!  (Read 11397 times)

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • I dream a lot (thinking) and I make dreams (games)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dreamfox
  • Currently: be nice and you will have great dreams!
Re: Calling all Roleplayers interested in serious RPs!
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2012, 09:42:31 AM »
((I did ask it before to somebody but I still don't understand this. is there something like a round or a turn? I understand that you don't double post.))

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Bibliophilic Philosopher
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum.
  • How can you expect to win if you don't play?
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white.
  • Height: 6' 4''
  • Weight: 180 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and strong
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: No longer a member
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2012, 12:23:19 PM »
That is actually a fantastic question Beatnory. Usually, in an RP, there will be some sort of order. There are two general types of orders and one that isn't common, but I've seen work before.

The two common types are referred to as either Wave or Ordered. Ordered posting is when everyone is assigned a position to post in and the order is followed. An example of this would be Jovi, then Colio, then Sig, then you, then Me, then... if you get the idea. Jovi will always post first, then Colio, then Sig, and so on and so forth without variation. The other type is Wave where there is no posting order except that you are only allowed to post once per "round". The round is started when Jovi posts and a new round will begin whenever she posts again. Your job in a wave post is to make sure that you post before Jovi posts that second time.

The third structure I've seen is a split wave post where everyone is assigned to a specific leader and they wave post with them in the same thread. It's awkward, but it works with a good bit of effort from the RP leader.

Here however, we don't really have a post order, so you don't have to worry about it.

Otebon had expected getting pushed or shoved. He'd been trained for combat a long time ago and he was fully aware that 99.9% of fights featuring an untrained fighter began that way.

Otebon let himself stumble away and allowed his opponent to turn back to Jovi, presenting his back to Otebon. He continued to berate her and Otebon smiled to himself. Thank you.

A few quick steps brought his up behind Jacen and a quick movement of the hands brought his right hand around Jacen's throat from behind while his left hand went under Jacen's left shoulder. Otebon shoved his right side into Jacen's spine to present no target for flying elbows and kicked out the back of Jacen's knees.

He was hoping the big guy would fall over and Otebon could get him into some sort of submission hold, but Jacen was quite a big guy...
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline Colioli4

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • One furry for all, all furries for one!!!!!
    • Awards
  • Species: Husky (And part Vulpix/ part Mew: Internet does not lie!!!)
  • Coloring: black and white (more black than white)
  • Height: 1,80 meter
  • Weight: 65 kilo's
  • Build: Lean, stealthy
  • Currently: I haz returnd to ze Forums!!! Hello everyone, and nice to meet ya all!!!
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2012, 01:28:13 PM »
Jacen HAD expected an attack, but not with this speed or style. What was this guy? Some kind of kung-fu fighter? After the last kick, he was able to keep on his feet, though barely. He could barely breath from the hit in his neck, and his shoulder hurt like hell. Instinctively, he turned around, grabbing his still half full plate and trew it towards Otebon. Then, while the plate was still soaring through the air, he grabbed his chair and flinged it towards the kung-fu 'hero' as well.  He quickly readied himself for whatever was coming, this time also watching he back against other assailants, fists raised in street fighter style position. "So, he thinks I can't fight hmmm? I'll show him!!!"
  • Avatar by: No avatar found yet... Anyone??? :?

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army.

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2012, 01:38:39 PM »
( ^_^ I actually am a 2nd Degree Black belt and was invited to World Championships before I broke my knee. Thanks for noticing!)
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline Colioli4

• Dancing Dragon
  • One furry for all, all furries for one!!!!!
    • Awards
  • Species: Husky (And part Vulpix/ part Mew: Internet does not lie!!!)
  • Coloring: black and white (more black than white)
  • Height: 1,80 meter
  • Weight: 65 kilo's
  • Build: Lean, stealthy
  • Currently: I haz returnd to ze Forums!!! Hello everyone, and nice to meet ya all!!!
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2012, 01:46:06 PM »
(Nice!!! :) Had a taekwondo lesson from the three times European champion once. He kicked my ass ;). Of course Kung-fu is not the same, but it's awesome none the less ;). Bad luck of breaking your knee... 'Break a leg' didn't help you...)
  • Avatar by: No avatar found yet... Anyone??? :?

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army.

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2012, 03:05:46 PM »
Beatnory want to go away but he couldn't. All around where people watching the fight between Otebon and Jacen. Some of them look shocked others where yelling.
Normally he didn't like fighting, but this time it feel diffrent. Maby because Jacen was finally punished for all his actions. He shook the thoughts away. fighting is wrong.
He saw a few teachers arrive, they did not look very happy. They were 2 men and 1 woman. One of the teachers he knew, It was the English teacher.
The teacher was always nagging. Beat hate him so much.

the teachers where going to the fighters. Some of the people around where running away.
Maby it was better to do the same was beatnory thinking.

Offline Dirtcopter77

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2012, 02:16:37 AM »
(I'm finally posting again. :/ )

Dirt noticed the fighting in the cafeteria and used it as a distraction. He slipped around the doorframe where he was hiding and hugged the wall to his seat. He moved deliberately, taking care not to attract attention. Dirt slipped into his seat and let out a pent-up breath. "Here's hoping nobody noticed," he thought.
Furry Code: FDL3adrw A++++ H-- M- R+++ T++ W Sm RLCT* a- cn++++ d+++ e++ f-- h- i++ j--- p+++ sm-

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2012, 05:19:30 PM »
<Did I screwed the storry up with my post? if so say it so I can change it. There happens nothing anymore.>

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2012, 05:54:12 PM »
(Not really Beatnory. I haven't been posting because, in the realm of story posts, I was one of the most previous. I guess I could post again and pretend like we've waited long enough and the round is now skipping. However, unless you are given permission to control events like having other characters under no one's control arrive on scene, then I would avoid doing it. If you aren't the author, you can cause more problems like that and change the story beyond what the author desires.)

Otebon ducked and covered his head when the plate flew at him. It still hit him on the arm, and it hurt, but he'd live through it.

As he got out of his defensive stance, he saw that Dr. Kovish, one of the English professors, as well as Dr.s Mora and Leana from the Chemistry department had arrived on scene. Otebon knew each of them fairly well (especially the Chemistry professors), but now was not the time to continue the fight.

Otebon dropped his arms and backed off from Jacen a little bit. He said nothing, seeing if Jacen would get the idea to leave on his own or if he'd push the fight and get everyone involved into serious trouble.

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2012, 06:34:23 PM »
(The teacher aren't mine characters, So I think everyone here can controll them. I won't do it again. I'm just doing stuff and look what will happens. sorry.)

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2012, 06:39:31 PM »
(That's why we have this thread. When you're a player in an RP the only characters you are supposed to control are your own and whatever characters your fellow players and Author allows you to. And there's nothing to apologize for. This is training and practice!)

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2012, 06:44:14 PM »
(what is better now? To allow everyone to controll the teacher or to controll them self? )

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2012, 06:45:31 PM »
(give them to jovi and I is best...)

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2012, 06:46:50 PM »
(okay, there now all yours and jovi. Thank you! )

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2012, 06:49:48 PM »
(No problem man. This is a training RP. If it were a real one, I would probably asked you to modify your post so those characters don't enter, but let's not care about it now.)