The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Calling all Roleplayers interested in serious RPs!  (Read 11147 times)

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
Re: Calling all Roleplayers interested in serious RPs!
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 07:39:33 PM »
O_O
Um... ok. What?
Fine...
um...
Whch character should i use?
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Colioli4

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • One furry for all, all furries for one!!!!!
    • Awards
  • Species: Husky (And part Vulpix/ part Mew: Internet does not lie!!!)
  • Coloring: black and white (more black than white)
  • Height: 1,80 meter
  • Weight: 65 kilo's
  • Build: Lean, stealthy
  • Currently: I haz returnd to ze Forums!!! Hello everyone, and nice to meet ya all!!!
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2012, 07:44:34 PM »

(Ok, I’ll try)

Jacen walked down the hallway in his own ‘Jacen’ way. Anyone who sees him either says a weak ‘Hi…’ and flees or has already fled at his first sighting. His bullying is well known throughout the campus. All his friends just pretend to like him so he doesn’t turn them upside down for their lunch money. He knows, but doesn’t care. Even a couple of teachers are scared to death by his wild appearance. He always wears black leather jackets, his sharpened teeth shine in the school lights and numerous piercings cover his body.
A couple of minutes ago, he ‘received’ the lunch money of a small group of first years. Boy, they were scared. One even pied his pants. Jacen sniggers to himself at this memory, which turns a lot of scared heads towards him. He quickly counts the money (mathematics is both his favourite and the only subject he stands sufficient for)) and he arrives at a satisfying $32.30. He slowly walks towards the cafeteria, enjoying every terrified pair of eyes that turns towards him, smelling the fear of everyone that shuffles past. Walking towards the line, he notices numerous first and second year’s fleeing the line and out of his way. Older, more braver students keep in line, although some take a nervous look at him. ‘Mmm, shall I overtake the lot of them? Oh well, it’s just a short line, let them think they have won.’ he thinks,  baring his teeth. ‘So, what’s on the menu today?’
 (I apologize for any (stupid) mistakes in this reply, English is not my main language :( )

• Avatar by: No avatar found yet... Anyone??? :?

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army.

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • I dream a lot (thinking) and I make dreams (games)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dreamfox
  • Currently: be nice and you will have great dreams!
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2012, 07:59:03 PM »
{I hope I understand it well}

My alarm went off, after 10 times of snoozing. shocked I jumped out of bed and quickly pulled my new clothes. I got those clothes from a new store, two blocks away from my home.
I grabbed my bag and ran down the stairs. without any breakfast I went to school on my bike. the wind was hard, the bike was difficult to use but I had to go to school. I already miss some of my classes. when I was on school I felt hungry. So I went to the cafeteria and go in the line.

{Is 3 lines the limed? and the story must be told in the past? sorry, I don't know these thing. }

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Bibliophilic Philosopher
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • How can you expect to win if you don't play?
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white.
  • Height: 6' 4''
  • Weight: 180 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and strong
  • Currently: No longer a member
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2012, 08:09:03 PM »
To Cifero:

Any character you wish and whatever you wish. Obviously the setting is "college" so preferably something suited to that setting or has a good reason to be there. For example: I would NOT suggest using a 5-year old as... what reason does a 5-year old have to be on a college campus? Perhaps you are a 17-year old checking out the campus for next year? Visiting a family member? Old graduate? Professor? It doesn't matter what character you play, as long as they are believable and interact.

To Colioli4:

Its a great post, and don't worry about your gammar / spelling. It's wonderful. The only real mistake I saw was a misspelling as shown below.

To Beatnory:

Don't worry too much. You told a good story and had a great new outlook. You came in from a different perspective and introduced your character in a very interesting way. Try to check your spelling and grammar before posting (just a few mistakes, but they do make it hard to read).

3 lines is a general "minimum" that Authors like to have. It makes it easy to react to a three line post. Both the Author and whoever posts after you needs something to react to, and generally 3 lines gives MORE than enough to do so.

3rd Person past tense, talking about your character while not being the character, is the generally accepted fashion to RP. This means that you rarely use the word "I" and instead say things like "He", "[Name]", and "[Character Species]".

Also try to make your sentences flow and mix. The method of your post makes everything very choppy. Try to make it a conversation, a literary work that describes.

One even peed his pants

Other than that it was a good post. You like to be a scary individual don't you?
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline Colioli4

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
  • Currently: I haz returnd to ze Forums!!! Hello everyone, and nice to meet ya all!!!
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2012, 08:19:37 PM »
I always have problems with pee ;)
And yea, I... often like to be the bad guy, or the badass hero :)

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2012, 08:24:48 PM »
To Beatnory:

Don't worry too much. You told a good story and had a great new outlook. You came in from a different perspective and introduced your character in a very interesting way. Try to check your spelling and grammar before posting (just a few mistakes, but they do make it hard to read).

Okay, The next time I will check my grammar. Sorry for the mistake.

Offline [Sov]

• Your Local Neurotic Hyena
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • One more word and you wont survive.
    • Awards
  • Species: Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown stripes, sandy colored fur
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 150lbs
  • Build: Curvy~
  • Currently: Neurotic!
Calling all Roleplayers interested in serious RPs!
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2012, 08:38:22 PM »
I like what I see so far! Otebon is faster at replying than I am at the moment, likely because he's on a computer. I think that after Cif and our 5th member posts we can move to a different scenario of socializing in the cafeteria. I know this sounds boring but it's important. Even in combat, super natural, or magic games you usually work as a team with at least one other player so communication is key.

When you want to say something you always want to at least put it in quotations. You can also color your text by either selecting the text and hitting the drop down menu on the posting tools menu bar, or you can type [color =colorhere]Speech, speech, speech here.[/ color] Without the spaces also. I had to space it to show up.

For example, when I play Jovi I have to type out my colored font because I use light blue. It matches her eyes. :P So I would type the above code but replace colorhere with lightblue, and the font color will turn out looking like this!

It's not necessary to do this though, but it makes it much easier for other players to distinguish your speech from your actions or description.

Sometimes in fun RPs you'll see people use the * to mark actions, like *noms on a cookie* that's fine and all in fun role plays, but isn't really used in serious roleplay. At least, it's not necessary to do so as long as you separate your speech from your text.
I am closed for commissions. See my furaffinity for pricing.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
Shuffling the cards of your game
And just in time
In the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace

Wanna find me in other places?

FurAffinity::Twitter

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your friendly neighborhood sea otter!
    • Awards
  • Species: Sea Otter
  • Currently: Otternizing
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2012, 08:59:25 PM »
((Sorry for being late!))

It was finally lunch time for Sig! The sea otter had an extra bounce in his step as he walked into the cafeteria for lunch. Normally he preferred eating outside in the sun, but today he felt like trying something different. As a commuter, Sig often prepared his own lunch and would carry it with him throughout the day in a cheap, plastic bag from a nearby supermarket. Although it cut down on his expenses, it did make for a less than satisfying meal.

With a quick glance around the cafeteria, it was easy to see that burgers were on the menu for today. His stomach growled and he could feel his mouth water at the thought of a well cooked cheeseburger, but soon felt disappointment as he remembered the small lunch he had prepared in the morning. However, Sig was resolved to stick with his budgeted meal and decided to skip the lunch line ruckus and seek out a table. All around him people were talking animatedly with one another and enjoying themselves. Sig wished he could join them, but imagined he would not be so welcome bursting in on someone's conversation. Walking back and forth between aisles, Sig continued looking for an isolated spot. However, almost every seat seemed to be taken and he noticed that his purposeless wandering was beginning to draw eyes. Perhaps deciding to eat in the cafeteria today was not a good decision.
  • Avatar by: Courtesy Fuzzymutt! Thank you very much ^^
  • Signature art by: Grisly! Thanks again! :D

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2012, 09:10:46 PM »
Excellent post Sig! Love it.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place

Offline Dirtcopter77

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2012, 10:30:53 PM »
(I'm late too, sorry!)

Dirt slammed his locker closed and rubbed his brow. Dirt wasn't his real name of course, just a campus nickname. He didn't wash much, but reptiles don't sweat either. Dirt walked down the corridor, making extra effort to seem angry. This was a bad day. At least it was lunchtime. When Dirt entered the cafeteria, the line was short. He got in the line, and contemplated his order. He got a steak bun and sat next to Jovi, trying to make a new friend.
Furry Code: FDL3adrw A++++ H-- M- R+++ T++ W Sm RLCT* a- cn++++ d+++ e++ f-- h- i++ j--- p+++ sm-

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2012, 06:52:04 PM »
There is nothing necessarily wrong with your post, Dirt. You simply just said your  own name a little bit more than you need to. I like how you ended your post staring that you were sitting next to me to make a new friend, because Jovi will say something. If you had encountered any of my other characters they may ignore you.

Now we can work on socializing. Let's pretend that Jovi and Dirt are sitting at a table by themselves, those that haven't found seats can come sit at that table too.

Jovi smiled softly as Dirt sat down next to her. It always made her a little uncomfortable when strangers sat next to her, but she felt like this guy posed no threat to her. "Hi," she said to the lizard, "My name's Jovi. Jovi Sparks, what's yours?"

This is another simple post with brief speech dialogue.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2012, 08:14:38 PM »
After a long wait in the line he ordered the day menu with a glass of Cocoa, This was his favorite drink. After a few steps he did heard a few voices from a table close to him. They said something like '...name's Jovi. Jovi Sparks, what's...'. Meanwhile he was listening to this conversation , he forgot to look where he is going and stumbled. He managed to save his food but the Cocoa fell over a table. Two people where sitting at this table. with a frightened face he looked at them and said “s..sh...sorry, I didn't want to.. It's all my fault

(color of a fox  ;) hope this is beter)

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your friendly neighborhood sea otter!
    • Awards
  • Species: Sea Otter
  • Currently: Otternizing
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2012, 08:28:11 PM »
(Thanks Jovi  ^_^ )

Finally, after searching for what seemed like an eternity, Sig spotted a table with only two people at it and decided to take his chance before someone else did. He quickly walked over and pulled out a chair to sit down. It looked like someone else decided to sit down at the table as well. It was a good thing he saw this table when he did. Sig was sitting just across from the two who were conversing and placed his lunch on the table. With a quick nod and a muffled "Hello," Sig sat down and began to eat the sandwich he had packed. He doubted the three would want to talk to him, but could not help listening in on their conversation anyway. 
  • Avatar by: Courtesy Fuzzymutt! Thank you very much ^^
  • Signature art by: Grisly! Thanks again! :D

Offline Colioli4

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2012, 08:39:12 PM »
'Bah... Only those disgusting bio-burger things today... Oh well, I can survive on that.' Jacen walks down the line of tabels, searching for an empty seat. Multiple other, but weaker, youngsters jump out of their chairs and leave the cafeteria in a hurry when they see him. Smiling at their faces, Jacen notices a table only occupied by a small number of other students, and heads over. 'Let's see some fear...' he quietly says to himself. When he arrives, he takes on of the seats, sits down, puts his dirty shoes on the tabel and gives every student at the tabel a quick, despising look as he loudly begins to eat his burgers. Not saying anything and pretending not to listen, he sits and eats, hoping that some fun can be had with these kids.

Offline Dirtcopter77

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2012, 10:57:34 PM »
Dirt looked around, seeming nervous. Well...I sure brought a lot of people to this table. So, who are you all? I'm Dirt. W-well, not really, but...that's what they call me. He smiled nervously, but sat lower in his seat and began to eat.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 10:59:20 PM by Dirtcopter77 »
Furry Code: FDL3adrw A++++ H-- M- R+++ T++ W Sm RLCT* a- cn++++ d+++ e++ f-- h- i++ j--- p+++ sm-