The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Assension of Darkness  (Read 5671 times)

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
Assension of Darkness
« on: June 02, 2012, 11:25:49 PM »
(I'm starting for Kaya on her request.)

Apple blossoms floated on the light breeze, just past their bloom.  Cherry blossoms had fallen just days before, leaving the trees as the last bits of snow disappeared from the gardens.  Lady Escanda smiled lightly.  Springtime was such a relief to see when the country was in disarray.  There was so little hope anymore, and so much death, she could hardly believe they'd made it two years.

Already, the killers had escalated to larger towns.  It'd been in such a haphazard motion that there was really no way to know where they'd hit next.  Even the methods had changed from simple, mysterious deaths to grusome ones the soldiers had a tough time stomaching.  The time it took to get from one place to another didn't help matters.  She sighed.  They'd strike again in two days, and still they hadn't a clue who was behind it.

She was jolted out of her thoughts by a hand on her shoulder.  One of her guard, Marcina, smiled at her.  From Escanda's seat on the marble bench, Marcina seemed twice as large as usual.  "Fair Lady Eascada, the group is ready for your orders."

Escanda nodded, getting to her feet.  "Better get this over with, poor dears."

Marcina followed as Escanda lead the way through exotic lilies and roses.  Marigolds surrounded the fountain they passed.  Ivy grew up the stone walls and over the stone walk.  It was always a beauty to see such life around them.

Escanda walked up the steps and through halls, listening intently as Marcina told of the groups members.  "Not very large, is it?"

Marcina stopped in her report for a moment.  "I'm afraid not.  Four people, including M'Lady and I."

"I don't like these odds, but so be it," she said quietly.  She stepped into the throne room with Marcina.  "Thank you for coming young warriors."  Marcina stepped to the back of the group, waiting with Escanda for someone to speak.
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • B3 l00k1n L1k3 D4ng H3'2 Fly
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon with feathered wings
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
  • Height: 5' 10''
  • Weight: 120lbs
  • Build: alletically built
  • Currently: Nursing a cracked spine and busted right hip
Re: Assension of Darkness
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 11:52:05 PM »
Scarlet smiled and bowed to her master. "miss i will be glad to go out further for you. i will find that book...." she stayed kneeling the room was dark, but decorated in beautiful mahagoney rugs, dark walnut funiture the candelbra held purple candles, the magic in them was making the room smell of violets and honey, the flame was blue. she really did not want to leave her home... but the attack must be launched in two days time.
  • Signature art by: me
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 11:59:16 PM »
Lucinda lounged sideways on her chair, a basket of jerkey beside her and book in hand.  She didn't look up at Scarlet's words.  "Good.  Lead the attack on the next town.  Keep an eye out for that assassin.  If you see him, draw him here.  I have business with him."  She waved her hand to dismiss Scarlet, stopping after a moment and grinning.  "On second thought, I have a very different plan for you.  Send Marcus out with the attack."

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 12:34:31 AM »
Scarlet abrubtly looked up. "Why marcus? he doesnt do anyhting right. he'll just end up getting captured." scarlet could not believe she was sending marcus out insted of her. what ever mission shhe got had better be better than the attack.. because if it was not.. there would be problems....
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 01:25:34 AM »
Lucinda got to her feet, ignoring the question.  She set her book and venison in the chair, walking toward a doorway to the right.  "Come."

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 01:39:28 AM »
Scarlet stood and walked after her.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 01:54:19 AM »
A room filled with smoke and mirrors greeted them, a tiny table in the middle.  A crystal ball and candle were the only things else in the room.  The heavy scent of blood and drugs filled the air.

Lucinda stepped to the ball, whispering an incantation.  "Come here Elizabeth.  I don't have all day."

(Can you please make a good character as well, just for this?

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 02:09:15 AM »
sure) Scarlet entered the room and growled. "Miss i have told you befor that i am not my sister... that traitor is dead to me."
Elizabeth's face appeared in the ball along with others in Escandas meeting quarters. she brushed her long flowing golden hair out of her face. someone a pretty as that.. they should have known she was going to be a traitor.

"What do you want miss?"

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 02:37:59 AM »
She growled at Scarlet.  "They will be heading out soon.  Your Sister is a prime concern to our goal, and I DON'T want a repeat of what happened last time we met up with her.  Eliminate her.  I will take it from there."  She pushed her hair out of her face.  "Do I make myself clear?"

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 02:49:16 AM »
She growled. "Fine miss." She headed out after dawning her gear.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2012, 03:20:53 AM »
(I'm starting for Kaya on her request.)

Apple blossoms floated on the light breeze, just past their bloom.  Cherry blossoms had fallen just days before, leaving the trees as the last bits of snow disappeared from the gardens.  Lady Escanda smiled lightly.  Springtime was such a relief to see when the country was in disarray.  There was so little hope anymore, and so much death, she could hardly believe they'd made it two years.

Already, the killers had escalated to larger towns.  It'd been in such a haphazard motion that there was really no way to know where they'd hit next.  Even the methods had changed from simple, mysterious deaths to grusome ones the soldiers had a tough time stomaching.  The time it took to get from one place to another didn't help matters.  She sighed.  They'd strike again in two days, and still they hadn't a clue who was behind it.

She was jolted out of her thoughts by a hand on her shoulder.  One of her guard, Marcina, smiled at her.  From Escanda's seat on the marble bench, Marcina seemed twice as large as usual.  "Fair Lady Eascada, the group is ready for your orders."

Escanda nodded, getting to her feet.  "Better get this over with, poor dears."

Marcina followed as Escanda lead the way through exotic lilies and roses.  Marigolds surrounded the fountain they passed.  Ivy grew up the stone walls and over the stone walk.  It was always a beauty to see such life around them.

Escanda walked up the steps and through halls, listening intently as Marcina told of the groups members.  "Not very large, is it?"

Marcina stopped in her report for a moment.  "I'm afraid not.  Four people, including M'Lady and I."

"I don't like these odds, but so be it," she said quietly.  She stepped into the throne room with Marcina.  "Thank you for coming young warriors."  Marcina stepped to the back of the group, waiting with Escanda for someone to speak.

When no one spoke, Rachel stepped forward.  "It's an honor for all of us Fair Lady Escanda."  She'd dressed carefully, her armor hiding most of her features.  A sword rested against her hip, engraved with the same sign as her armor; a large, beautiful heart, embellished with roses.

Escanda gulped, fighting her instincts to reach out and force her back beside her.  Rachel had chosen this journey, and she'd agreed.  She had to trust Rachel knew what she was doing.  "Of course.  As you can see, I've chosen two of my guard to accompany you on this mission for protection against whatever lies in wait."  She took another deep breath, forcing the rising dread out of her mind.

"The attacks are getting more brutal, and I need competant people to take this threat down.  My soldiers are stretched too thin to take care of this personally, but you will be likely to see them in your travels."  One of her royal guard stepped forward, a box of medals in hand.  "These have been blessed by the goddesses.  They will provide some divine protection on your travels."  She motioned them forward to recieve the medals.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2012, 04:13:44 AM »
*riku steped forward quietly and took his medal without saying anything more than "than you your grace." moving it around in his hands for a little, looking it over for a little before adding it to his bag of trinkets for later and returning to the line. waiting for the others to get their medals, not wanting to seem rude infront of the others but also wanting to eat. guickly pulling a piece of bread out of his pocket and eating it while no one was looking*
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2012, 02:24:56 PM »
Rachel stepped up next, out of tradition more than need.  In truth, both Marcina and herself had medalions already.  She smiled a bit as she took the medallion.  Escanda couldn't muster the same.  A sad look crossed her face as Rachel walked to the group again.

Marcina stepped up next, squeezing Escanda's hand reassuringly.  Escanda look up at her, fighting the tears that threatoned to well up.  'Protect her for me,' she mouthed before letting Marcina stand beside Rachel.  She stood sadly for a moment.  She sighed and waited for the next person.

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 02:07:57 PM »
Elizabeth went up and got her medal. no one else in the room had even noticed her in there... she excepted it and went back to her place after bowing .

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 02:28:23 PM »
Two very tall figures walked in, one with a scimitar hanging from his hip, the other with a bow and quiver on her back and a sword on her hip as well. The male, a white furred wolf with teeth that shined with his smile, went right over to the Queen and gave her a bow.

"My Queen, to what pleasure do I owe the summons for both me and my companion?" He then stood upright and practically turned around to his friend, who didn't even seem to notice the queen, but was definitely noticing Marcina.

The wolf put a hand over his eyes and sighed as the companion, a black dragoness, approached Marcina. There was no hesitation in her steps as she embraced Marcina. one of her arms getting very close to the knight's hindquarters.

"So how's my favorite mare doing? Are you free for a drink at the tavern whe-" The wolf cut her off by dragging her over to the queen, subsequently dragging Marcina with them.

"Elistra, can't you at least show Auntie some respect before flirting with another woman?" The wolf said, though he couldn't help but grin at Marcina.

"But Horaaaace, I wanted to greet my girlfriend first." She then turned to the Queen and flashed a smile. "Hello my Queen, is it not a lovely day?"
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 02:30:18 PM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel