The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: dangerous dream  (Read 368 times)

Offline Draco Vertolgr

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When blinded by adversity just look to the stars
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: I'm a Majestic Snowcone
dangerous dream
« on: May 23, 2012, 06:30:39 AM »
Okay currently atm I am scared/shocked/worried all kinds of stuff is going through my head. Ive calmed down a bit and one thing still worries me, the saftey of my family. I just awoke/came back to reality. In my dream I was at a school play and wanderering back stage I see this person with their back turned and head and arms slouched covered in blood, so I ask "are you all right" then she turns around and her lips are missing and her eyes are bloodshot and she runs at me. I run away and fall and she is on top of me trying to bite me so Im holding her head away, then I shove my leg in between us and push her off and start violently kicking her face repeadidly until everything just Idk I kiknda wake up but its all dark and she still their and Im yelling kicking kicking over and over then I realize I was kicking my glass shelf and everything fell over on the floor.

Post Merge: May 23, 2012, 06:37:06 AM
Now to my reason for making this. I am scared to **censor** death tht I kicked a glass shelf screaming and thought it was a zombie and tryed with all my force to kill it. This is scarey, what if next I hurt my family! I dont know why I had the dream. Im just so scared please help! what do I do! how can I calm down! has this ever happened to anyone before!. I just got done cleaning up the floor of all tht fell over. Im happy I did not kick it over and it shattered. I feel like crap, Im sick atm and this just wore me out. I honestly felt I was in a battle for survival, either I was to die or it was.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 06:37:06 AM by Deadraconis, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
Our mere existence is enough reason to carry on. Never let others steal your lust for life. Life is all you have and it is all you will get. Cling to it until the universe says it's time to let go. Then rest, only then have you earned it.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Re: dangerous dream
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 07:34:59 AM »
If this isn't a regular thing for you, and you say you're sick, there's a good chance it may be caused by the fact that you're not well at the moment. Also take into any consideration whatever stresses you may be dealing with more than usual lately.

There's a number of things that can cause those kind of dreams. Anything from subconscious thoughts to what you ate earlier that day. Just because it happens once doesn't necessarily mean it will happen again.

If it happens again, you can consider getting someone (a family member or something) to watch over your sleep and help you wake up more gently if need be.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 03:51:17 PM »
The best thing would definitely be to alert your parents and voice your concern over their safety.

However I doubt it will happen again.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline Sne

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I reject my humanity and substitute a fox!
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Scarlet Mane's Diary
    • Awards
  • Species: arctic fox
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 28 cm
  • Weight: 4 kg
  • Build: feral
  • Currently: dead
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 04:01:33 PM »
Racing thoughts are common during fever. Sometimes it's surprisingly hard to notice you're feverish and a simple bad thought during sleep can grow until you find you're in a horrible nightmare. Continuing to struggle after waking up is not uncommon. I take it you explained to your parents what happened with the shelf--it should be enough. Don't worry ^_^

Offline Draco Vertolgr

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When blinded by adversity just look to the stars
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: I'm a Majestic Snowcone
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 01:55:57 AM »
Ok guys I do feel better thx, Im still a little worried for my family. I told them about it and it seems my mom was worried, my step-dad was all like"bs your just trying to get attention" -_- asshole and you wonder why I dont come to you for help, Im not 5 anymore Im 15. Anyways the nightmare is still fresh in my mind. I feel sorta shocked and vulnrable. I have a media arts progect to create a monster and well I think I have my inspiration :/  sry I get off topic anywho Id like to thank you guys alot I am very greatfull for the help. I might go to bed and if I do I hope it dose not happen again.
Our mere existence is enough reason to carry on. Never let others steal your lust for life. Life is all you have and it is all you will get. Cling to it until the universe says it's time to let go. Then rest, only then have you earned it.