The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How can I get A'S on IPS and algebra finals?  (Read 436 times)

Offline Draco Vertolgr

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When blinded by adversity just look to the stars
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: I'm a Majestic Snowcone
How can I get A'S on IPS and algebra finals?
« on: May 07, 2012, 01:03:05 AM »
Ok I have been grounded recently but it just now got worse. My older bro has wanted me to go down to seatle to see him and I am stoked :D cant wait! but new rule, if I get two c's on my final report card Im not going down. yes this dose not seem bad at all right all I got to do is work as hard as I have been and Ill be good. but now I have to worry about finals (wich again not so bad) but two classes algebra and IPS finals are soo hard, IPS chapter tests are so hard the best average in our school is usually 76% and under, we have very hard working smart kids in our school too...to an extent and algebra is my hardest class. How can I get A's or at least B-'s in those two classes. on a positive not I have A's and B's in my other classes.   highschool blows :/ not grade wise though this is the first year Im having trouble with gradeds in my life.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 03:18:45 AM by WingedZephyr, Reason: Please do not make thread titles in all caps »
Our mere existence is enough reason to carry on. Never let others steal your lust for life. Life is all you have and it is all you will get. Cling to it until the universe says it's time to let go. Then rest, only then have you earned it.

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
Re: HOW CAN I GET A'S ON IPS AND ALGEBRA FINALS
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 02:58:44 AM »
It all really depends on how the test is supplied.

If your teacher made the test, and they already have hard tests, then you're just going to have to cram like there's no tomorrow. Your best bet is to try to take a "practice" test of *all* the material you've covered over the year, say 10 questions each. Figure out your weakest points and work on those.

Also, never forget, that you can always get partial credit with Algebra, at least with the written out questions. As good as I am with Algebra, I remember on all the finals there were times where I only got by because I managed to get down as much as I can, even if the answer is wrong. My teacher always told me there is no such thing as too much work when it comes to that, but don't get yourself caught up in it either.

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
Re: How can I get A'S on IPS and algebra finals?
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 12:58:35 PM »
Need lost of random examples?
http://www.thatquiz.org/
this site has helped me quite a bit in my times of need :P
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 08:44:11 AM »
I think you could also argue on an issue with Rank

if everyone gets 60% and you get 70%, that might be considered a C but the rank was number 1, so I'd say you need to focus on Rank.

I'd also say, studying is important and tutoring as well, if you want I might be able to help you on any Algerbra questions you have (as I am sure lots of other people are equally as qualified) but I am not really sure what IPS is.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When god closes a door, I plant a breaching charge
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: African Painted Dog
  • Coloring: Black, red and white.
  • Height: Standing: short. Sitting: Slightly... taller?
  • Weight: 97.000000000000017 Kg
  • Build: Medium build, muscular.
  • Currently: Working on the sweetest sciences
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 08:30:46 PM »
Itroductory Physical Science
Kinda like a fusion of conceptual physics and Chemistry 1. At least that's my experience with it. I'd recommend focusing on the chemical aspects.
  • Avatar by: Myself, during an experiment with inversion.
"Science isn't about being conservative with your cash, it's about spending as much as you can as ridiculously as you can and hoping it doesn't explode."
- Sjin

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
-Aoren Rekner Ilon Deringer, F.D.F. Mechanised Unit Commander, Four Stars.

Life is an adventure! Sure, you'll probably spend most of it weeping uncontrollably, and on fire, but hey!