The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Advice please I cant take it anymore  (Read 430 times)

Offline Draco Vertolgr

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When blinded by adversity just look to the stars
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: I'm a Majestic Snowcone
Advice please I cant take it anymore
« on: April 30, 2012, 10:29:28 PM »
I told my parents Im a fur and the past few days have been arguments, they took my collar and tail. Im exausted I have no more energy Im angry and tired. Im struggling in school now and I have no more patience for anyone. All these probloms are eating me alive and I can move, I have had a shity school year so far. I feel sick and dead what do I do? I have concidered suicide because these are only a few of my probloms and I dont see a way out , I broke a kids nose simply because he anoyed me. I feel lost and tired Im not the same person anymore I look sick too. The only thing I have keeping me up is the fact school is out in 4 weeks and Im going to stay with my older bro for the summer. How can I make each day worth waking up to and not dreading my existense please help.
Our mere existence is enough reason to carry on. Never let others steal your lust for life. Life is all you have and it is all you will get. Cling to it until the universe says it's time to let go. Then rest, only then have you earned it.

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your friendly neighborhood sea otter!
    • Awards
  • Species: Sea Otter
  • Currently: Otternizing
Re: Advice please I cant take it anymore
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 11:37:38 PM »
Hey Deadraconis

I'm really sorry to hear things are so tough for you.  :S
I can't imagine how going through all of that must feel, but we're here for you. You can make it through this! Like you said, you're almost to summer break and you'll be able to hopefully get away from all the negative stuff.  :)

Just remember to take every day one day at a time. Don't think about the next day or the day afterwards. Just focus on making the day you're living at that moment better. Don't let the arguments get to you; your parents are probably just very worried about you and don't know what to do. Try talking to a councilor about how you feel. Everyone needs someone to talk to so just find someone you can trust who will listen to you.

If you need it, I'm pretty available myself. I can always lend an ear. Just remember that you will be alright.  :)
  • Avatar by: Courtesy Fuzzymutt! Thank you very much ^^
  • Signature art by: Grisly! Thanks again! :D

Offline Dirtcopter77

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
Advice please I cant take it anymore
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 12:19:57 AM »
Remember that suicide is never a long-term solution to a short-term problem. Things change in life.

If you're okay with saying, why did your parents take your ears and tail?
Furry Code: FDL3adrw A++++ H-- M- R+++ T++ W Sm RLCT* a- cn++++ d+++ e++ f-- h- i++ j--- p+++ sm-

Offline Kalylia

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Curious, Fuzzy Geek
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • The Underground - A Pokemon Podcast
    • Awards
  • Species: Marbled Polecat
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: FINALLY has an image of her fursona!
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 01:56:40 AM »
If you are actively considering suicide, you need to seek help. I've been there, I know. Please talk to your school counselor or, if you find yourself in a spot where you feel like you have no one to turn to, please call the US National Suicide Helpline:

1-800-273-8255

Now, for some non-preachy advice.

Arguing with your parents is tough, but maybe you should try to take the high road. Try to explain to them that being a furry is just being part of a fandom. It's no different than liking anime or video games or any other hobby. Try to introduce them to things about the fandom that aren't so weird. Help them to see the non-stereotypical furry. Keep yourself calm and don't shout.
Learning, growing, and trying to find some furry friends.

Offline Draco Vertolgr

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 03:17:59 AM »
The reason they took my tail and collar is because they are ignorent ass holes they believe the fandom is a sex fettish. I have told them over and over but they wont listen.  I will call the suicide hotline if I keep getting thoughts of it.
Our mere existence is enough reason to carry on. Never let others steal your lust for life. Life is all you have and it is all you will get. Cling to it until the universe says it's time to let go. Then rest, only then have you earned it.

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your friendly neighborhood sea otter!
    • Awards
  • Species: Sea Otter
  • Currently: Otternizing
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 04:01:26 AM »
That's good. If you need help don't be afraid to ask for it. We're here for ya, Deadraconis.
  • Avatar by: Courtesy Fuzzymutt! Thank you very much ^^
  • Signature art by: Grisly! Thanks again! :D

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 06:22:33 AM »
Your parents are trying to do what they feel is best for you, unfortunately their idea of what is best for you is extraordinarily incorrect. I think, the best way to show them that what they are doing to you is bad, is to tell them your feelings on the matter. Tell them that the furry fandom is in no way a sex fetish, show them evidence of that, show them this site even, Winged Zephyr made a really nice and informative post about what a furry is in the General section. The general ideas is, yes they are ignorant, but that's ok! They only know what a furry is from what people tell them what a furry is and if you tell them what a furry is and give them evidence of that, maybe, hopefully, they will understand.

You already know all the negative consequences of suicide and such, and how it's permanent, and me saying anything might not change your view on that. So I'm going to put this in a spoiler, and it's about why suicide is bad, but sometimes, saying that just makes people feel bored. So read it if you want. If you don't, that's fine.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Problems are truly, only temporary. Any problem you have, or have had, will end eventually and things will get better. To commit suicide you are turning a temporary thing, into a permanent thing, and you are missing out on some great opportunities. Life isn't all bad, is it? Also, this is a decision that will effect everything, to you, once you do this everything you ever know or will, will be meaningless (if you're not religious). You also have to think about people around you, the people who will be effected by your death. It's ok, I know, you're life is really hard and I am really sorry for that, but suicide shouldn't even be an option. It's the worst option you possibly could have in my opinion.

The last thing I'm going to say, is you have a lot of problems at the moment and it's really important, that if you are feeling distressed, to let it out. Venting your problems is a really good way to make yourself feel better, even if it's just temporary. Luckily, this very site has a perfect place for you to vent any problems you have. I think, I really do, you should make a journal (I don't think you have) and post in it when you are feeling really upset. It helps, it really does, trust me.

I hope everything goes ok. These problems will get sorted out, just hang in there!
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Draco Vertolgr

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 11:19:48 AM »
I showed them the site this morning. I showed them what a furry really was. guess what? I got my tail and collar back :) they said they thought I was getting myself into something perverted and sick but they now know its not. Holy shit thx anoni so much! In terms of school and the kid I feel horrible about hurting by the way Im still grounded. wich is okay I have to face my concequences. Im studying to do well on the finals coming up. I just feel better and able to concentrate I dont feel "foggy" or out of control everything seems so clear now tht my probloms are solved/sorted out. Thx so much anoni *hugs*. well of to school ttyl guys :)

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 12:01:09 PM »
haha no problem :3
Glad I could help :D
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";