The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Diablo 3 beta thoughts  (Read 719 times)

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
Diablo 3 beta thoughts
« on: April 22, 2012, 05:03:58 PM »
Having gone through the public beta weekend and finishing it with my Demon Hunter, I must say that I am psyched to play this game when it fully comes out!

PROS:
  • shared stash
  I cannot tell you how great this is. It worked amazing in titan's quest and it works great here. Finding a kick ass sword on my wizard would have been just a pile of gold, but now I can make a barbarian and give it to him so he can go to town on the enemies without having to have a 2nd player and have them wait around while I switch characters to pick it up.
  • leveling up
In Diablo 2 you got a sound effect to signal your level up, now you get a sound and a aoe golden blast that hurts enemies. As you level up, you unlock your skills instead of having to place points in them, the same goes for your character points such as dexterity and strength. While this makes it so that your character isnt as customizable, all of the skills are viable as you level up,as opposed to not ever using the low level skills at higher levels.
  • loot and gold
Walking over gold automatically picks it up, a nice feature in itself. Blue items with 1 or 2 magic effects are automatically identified and ready to use on drop, but when you find a rare item that needs to be identified, you can just right click it, wait a few seconds for the animation, and POW its identified for you. This removes the need for an identification book in your inventory and having to go back to town every time you wanna go identify something. Inventory has been improved as well as it can hold far much more loot than before. I never ran out of space and just barely filled my inventory at the end of the beta.
[/list]

I hate to list pros without cons but honestly I didn't find a single thing wrong or that I didn't like about it, save for some clicking issues. It was hard to get started in the game due to server problems or lag or the occasional crash, but its a stress test beta right now, thats supposed to be in there. Overall, I cannot wait for this game to come out :D