The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Can someone please tell me how to deal with anger in a peacfull maner  (Read 273 times)

Offline Draco Vertolgr

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When blinded by adversity just look to the stars
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: I'm a Majestic Snowcone
where to begin, I promised myslef to never harm another human being ever no matter what, My freshman year has been hell, with many douchebags being @$$ holes and me being made fun of, that never got to me ever. This kid used to be my friend but he always wanted to be liked and loved by everyone so despretly, first he started being a d!ck to everyone then overtime got into pot and other drugs, he asways treated me like crap but when he needed my help I was his "best friend", hes been getting worse and worse to where hes hitting girls until they got serioisly injured and he never once felt bad, hes the reason Im afraid to be open about being a furry because I know what he will do, he will do what he dose best, he even makes fun of a group of furries at my school and one wanted to kill herself. Now I think Ive reached the point where my only thoughts about him are hurting him and making him bleed, Im a really peacfull guy I dont believe in violence is it because im getting older and (what I hear from everyone) "my hormones are goingcrazy" or whatever and I try everyday to be a better person and do whats right.

please can someone tell me how to deal with my anger in a peacefull manner I dont want to hurt another person but this time I want to, this isnt me. (I lashed out on him on the bus probobly 30 or rmore mins ago I dont think I can just "deal with it" anylonger
Our mere existence is enough reason to carry on. Never let others steal your lust for life. Life is all you have and it is all you will get. Cling to it until the universe says it's time to let go. Then rest, only then have you earned it.

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
Re: Can someone please tell me how to deal with anger in a peacfull maner
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 12:26:00 AM »
find a new friend. you say there are furries at your school? why not attempt to be friends with them?

once you find some really good friends and cut out the bad ones i can assure you 100% you will enjoy yourself a lot more.
i know this from experience.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline Draco Vertolgr

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 01:17:44 AM »
not to be down on other furries but they are to quiet, I tried to be friends with them but they had the same attitude most people have against freshmans "the freshmans are so bad this year they all smoke and are brats" wich i agree other freshmans, not me so you can see my probolom with being their friends but I do have other friends I only see them on weekends my problom is not making friends its dealing with this abnormal anger I have,
Our mere existence is enough reason to carry on. Never let others steal your lust for life. Life is all you have and it is all you will get. Cling to it until the universe says it's time to let go. Then rest, only then have you earned it.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 02:47:03 AM »
Well, This advice is advice on how to deal with anger a peaceful way, not advice on how to actually solve the situation however.

There are several things you can do, whether or not each one works is what your personality is like. So here are some methods.
  • Going for a walk. Going for a walk helps a lot, but it can also be rather boring, so I personally go for a walk and listen to my Ipod. Where you go doesn't matter, you might not even go anyway, just walk around in circles around your neighbourhood, the point is you're out and about and all this nervous cramped up energy will eventually leave you. You will be distracted and come back feeling much happier!
  • Counting. Counting is more of a "quick fix" method and still has the idea of being boring. However, if you do find yourself about to explode in anger, just close your eyes and count. What order you count in doesn't matter, as long as it's a pattern, as long as it keeps you thinking. Eventually the anger you felt earlier will be clouded by your new interest in counting and you will stop feeling angry.
  • Meditation. An interesting method, designed for more long term anger management issues. Just sit down, relax somewhere and concentrate on your breathing, leaving bad thoughts away. You eventually come out feeling really relaxed and nice.
  • Playing a video game. This doesn't help as much as the others but has the significant advantage of not being boring. Playing a video game (preferably not a competitive video game like Call of Duty, but one like Minecraft) will take your mind off bad things and leave you feeling happier.
  • Leaving your body. That's more of a theoretical sense, but thinking about the big picture, about the stars, the universe, how atoms work, the galaxy, how everything works in the physical world. How insignificant life is, this can help a lot and distract you from any immediately bad feelings.
  • Relax. Do something relaxing is an obvious one, have a shower, bath or massage, this will let you get the tension out of the way and will leave you feeling much less angry and even better.
  • Everything is relative! Think about the other persons view point, why he may be right or wrong and what is going on. This might make you feel like you understand more about him and will slowly cure anger, but not as immediate as the other 6 options
That's all the options I have now, which one works is completely up to you, I suggest doing some experiments! Hope that helps :D
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 03:29:08 AM »
If he's hitting girls so hard that they bleed, then thats something you gotta tell somebody about. Teacher, police, somebody.

Aside from that, the way I see it is they scream and yell and say such horrible things because they can't do anything else. It only has as much power as you give it.

Offline Draco Vertolgr

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 06:55:14 PM »
thanks anoni that really helped bro, but yea macid I told the school counciler and he had the bus tapes polled and now my so called best friend didnt show up today....I think he finally got what he deserved