The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Mama Muh's insane idea for a cow fursuit  (Read 1708 times)

Offline Mama Muh

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Cattle
Mama Muh's insane idea for a cow fursuit
« on: March 16, 2012, 05:00:39 PM »
Since a week I am planning to make a fursuit. As a costume builder I always try to get perfect results, even if I no that I can't. I want to make it as realistic as possible and last night as I was sitting at my desk several ideas popped up in my mind. So I want to tell you about them and ask if they can be realised.

The body
I'll use a latex fullbody suit as a base. Not only the suit will be skintight but most of this (fetish)-suits are made to make the person who is wearing it not totally unconfortable, so it won't get hot so fast in it. I'll apply faux fur in white and black with a special glue, then trim it down to 2 mm as cow fur isn't very long but will leave it untouched on the ellbows and the downside of the lower arms, also on the shin to make it look more... fluffy.

Pro's and Con's
+ skintight-> cowfur is short, it would look like I'm loosing my skin if it would be too wide
+ most fetish suits allow to stay in it for at least an hour

- must buy the suit in an uhm...special store- I am soooo shy!

Other:
As I'm mostly sitting in a wheelchair I won't move much, so it won't get hot too fast

The head
I won't make an entire head, just a mouth piece. I'll use a dust protection mask (I don't know what it is really called in English...), one made out of...uh...cloth, not the industrial plastic etc. variant.
The snout will be attached to it and my face will be painted and faux fur will be sticked onto it, so it blends with the mask. The nose will be made of flesh coloured leather and sprayed with gloss spray so it will look wet and healthy.

Pro's and Con's
+ Easy to wear
+ The masks are cheap
+ I don't have to use a wig
+ Real eyes*
+ If the sides of mask are cut off a bit, the mouth can be seen so it is possible to show emotions
+ As the mask sits very tight on the face the cheeks can move-> more emotions
+ Between mouth and mask a small microphone can be hidden (OMG, spycow) so the voice can be heard loud and clearly and is not muffled

- The strips that attaches the base mask on the head must be hidden somehow

* Note on the eyes: as a cow is not a hunter, the eyes sits on the side of the head. But with a bit make-up the human eyes can look like this, too.

This is as far as I planned. It would be great to hear some comments, ideas, advises and criticism.
Greatings, Ronja

Offline spark

• Avid Aardvark
    • S. Park Costumes
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon, usually
Re: Mama Muh's insane idea for a cow fursuit
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 01:28:17 AM »
I've seen some rubber based "fursuits" but they just left the rubber and didn't add fur.  And I suspect there's a reason for that, because fur fabric isn't stretchy.  So it may glue over the rubber nicely, but then it will keep the rubber from stretching and may make it harder to get into the suit.  Something to be aware of as you're working on this, *especially* if you end up with a rubber suit that hasn't got a zipper, as those kind need to stretch a LOT in order to get into them.

I haven't tried this myself, so I don't know how much of a problem it would be, but that thought crossed my mind so I thought I'd share it before you go ahead and end up with something you can't put on. :)

Offline Mama Muh

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Cattle
Re: Mama Muh's insane idea for a cow fursuit
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 02:06:34 PM »
Thanks for the objection, haven't thought about this problem. Perhaps more zippers and diagonal cuts under the cheast area would help, but I don't know, I used this "technique" just once and with another material. I also will ask an old teacher from the design school I went to, if he has any ideas how to fix this issue.
The mask is working fine, though. The snout is not to heavy and it sits nearly perfect. I will post a picture as soon as I can.