The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fight Against Darkness OOC  (Read 14569 times)

Offline ToucanSammi

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Birds are always relevant.
    • Awards
  • Species: Keel-billed Toucan
Re: Fight Against Darkness OOC
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2012, 08:51:21 PM »
Is this roleplay still open for members? If so, how many characters are allowed (unless it's strictly for your main fursona)?

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2012, 09:09:11 PM »
It's open, but you have to post regularly.

Two to three total, including your fursona.
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2012, 08:37:21 PM »
I'm all for you joining, Sammi. We're always happy to have more RPers....
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline ToucanSammi

• Vibrating Furby
  • Birds are always relevant.
    • Awards
  • Species: Keel-billed Toucan
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2012, 04:55:01 AM »
It's open, but you have to post regularly.

Two to three total, including your fursona.
Okay, thank you! Expect forms soon... -ish. It may be a while; fellow roleplayer friends that I know have razzed me about taking too long to develop my characters, haha.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2012, 05:19:51 AM »
It's cool, take your time.
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • B3 l00k1n L1k3 D4ng H3'2 Fly
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon with feathered wings
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
  • Height: 5' 10''
  • Weight: 120lbs
  • Build: alletically built
  • Currently: Nursing a cracked spine and busted right hip
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2012, 09:36:32 PM »
remember please keep one line chatter to a minimum, if you want, rp a little of it out in chat then have one of you post it as a joint operation instead of
so and so : blah blah

the having this post

other person: blah.

please do this

Main person: talking person1
talking person 2
talkking person1

or something to that effect it will cut down on the small lined chatter.. please, if that is not available to be done..... PLEASE PLEASE be  a Little more descriptive..... again to cut back on the one lined posts. love you all just try to keep that in mind no ones perfect but lets try to keep this running smoothly. ;) maws.

(and i myself am NOT exempt from this rule I'm learning to do this as well. I'm getting better though )
  • Signature art by: me
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2012, 09:59:07 PM »
Cif, White-Heart, I shouldn't have to say this.  IF YOU'RE IN A SCENE, THERE BETTER BE A REASON.  Guys, I don't mind you there.  I don't mind if you show up.  BUT MAKE IT PLAUSIBLE.  If you happen on the scene, have a reason for going there.  And "Sixth sense" doesn't count.  For anyone.

You also have to LENGTHEN YOUR POSTS.  Kaya said she already warned you about this Cif, and I don't know about you White-Heart.  Kaya is second in command, and if she emails you, there's a problem.  Listen to her.  Roleplays need to be fun, engaging, and not tedious to read through.  One and two sentence posts don't fly, and detract from it as a whole.  Lengthen your posts.

White-Heart, this is your first warning.  Two left before you're booted.

Cif, this is your second warning.  One left before you're booted.

HEED THE WARNINGS YOU GET.  THEY COME BACK TO BITE.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2012, 01:13:06 AM »
Aww.... that sucks....
Hmm... maybe I should look and wait before I post...

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Vampyric Wolf-lion
  • Coloring: Pure white with blue streaks on the chest and back.
  • Height: 6'10"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Thin, but strong.
  • Currently: Meh.....been better. But in love. ^^
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2012, 01:30:56 PM »
....sorry....I'll be more careful....
  • Avatar by: Ventus Fall (THANK YOUS!!! :3 )
"Normal" is a word for something that doesn't exisit. It was created by those who don't challenge the status quo, and don't aspire to greatness.
Happiness is the way the Universe rewards those who face the hardships in their lives head on, with determination in their hearts.
Love is what binds us all together, what keeps us sane, makes us insane, holds the world and Universe together.
In my mind, it doesn't matter where you are going, where you've been, where you are, nor even the journey you're on. What matters is that you keep moving, no matter where you're going, where you've been, and where you are. Just keep moving.
I am White-Heart, white because it is every colour put into one, my heart is of all colours!

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2012, 03:45:00 PM »
It's okay WH.  I just don't want this to keep happening.  Try to go back and lengthen your posts.  You aren't adding enough to them to tell me what you're doing.  Are you hiding?  In the open?  In the building?  Watching through the window?  Standing?  Crouching?  Comfortable?  Uncomfortable?  Are you nervous?  Confident?  Wary?  Downright scared?  You both need to include these details, and then some.  Reading through a roleplay should be akin to reading a book.  You want to know the characters, the setting, the story.  You can't do that if there's nothing to go on.  It'd be like a comic with only light grey stick figures and speech bubbles.  There's nothing to pull you in.  Add to your posts guys.  It helps everyone.

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2012, 09:17:01 PM »
cif.. the club apearing isnt pratical. its like saying that i pulled a seven foot sowrd out of a miny skirt and it was 'magically' conciled. you cant keep trying to stop all the conflict. a GOOD STORY NEEDS CONFLICT. without it the story will fall flat and begin to become cumbersome and will DIE. so please, dont end fights that quickly. it is a serious roleplay killer. -_-
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2012, 05:44:15 PM »
Um... what club?

Well... I see your point. If you want I could change my post so that the fight continues.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2012, 02:22:03 PM »
You pulled a club out of your sleeve Cif.  You changed it already, but You're still grating my nerves in this scene.  You've made it so no one can touch you.  Cif, you either need to include that you're wearing something EARLY, or ignore the urge to put it in period.  You're becoming a Boring Invincible Hero, the definition of godmodding.  That Mithril shirt?  It makes you virtually invincible.  This isn't hard.  Don't drop things on the players like this.  Let us know before you say you have something (The breastplate) so it doesn't come off as "ZOMG Haha, I had my invincible (Enter name of object) all along!  You didn't notice?  Haha, NOOBS."  That is often what it comes off as.

At this point, I have no idea where you are, What happened, or where I am in relation, so I'm unable to post. 

Serpington, This goes for your sword too.  If you have something that you can't sheath in your sleeve (4-6") or smaller (4" or less), it needs a description before hand.  Otherwise, it tends to come off as the reast of the players being completely blind to their surroundings.

This won't count on strikes.  It will if I have to reiterate this.  It applies to everyone, so if I do it as well, point it out.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2012, 05:54:52 PM »
sorry, it didn't occure to me to mention whats in  the bag i carrys all the time,  well all thats in it is that blade and four smaller ones no larger than a  foot long each. the only other weapon i carry is the small dagger that i've already mentioned.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2012, 07:30:33 PM »
thanks guys. it helps. a lot.