The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: "Sunset of Furmankind" amazing antho book  (Read 1469 times)

Offline soutthpaw

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
"Sunset of Furmankind" amazing antho book
« on: February 25, 2012, 12:37:11 AM »
I read this a couple weeks ago and I think its one of the best Anthro books i have had the pleasure to read.   I also got some nice comments back when I emailed the author about it.  Good news is he will be writing a sequel at some point.   Its the story of a Gene modification program to improve humans to settle newly discovered planets and make them habitable for regular humans.  The story focus on the 2 year transformation and training program of a group of program "volunteers".  Very detailed and descriptive focus on the development and morph of several characters.  http://www.amazon.com/Sunset-of-Furmankind-ebook/dp/B006LA0COM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330129596&sr=8-1
If anyone else reads it or has read it , let me know what ya think of it.   The same author has also written a more traditional Furry sci/fi adventure called  "Blue Horizon"  which I also read and enjoyed.. If you are cheap or poor, you can also read both for free by chapter at his website http://trblasingame.weebly.com/library.html
I wrote the review on it over at Amazon.   but here is a copy and paste

This was a wonderful story that I found riveting, I read the whole book in a weekend at the neglect of everything else I was supposed to do. The story should appeal to Furry and Non-Furry fans alike. Its a pleasure to read a good story absent of X or even R rated sex often found in this Genre. This is a PG friendly book. Its easy to feel a connection to the characters. I also like that the author kills of a few characters that keeps the story from becoming a cliche fairy tale where all the good/key characters survive. This story could make a great movie. It a combination of Avatar and Star Trek's "Space, the Final Frontier" themes. I kept picturing the Arthur C Clarke's "Space Odyssey" as I read the story esp. when I created my image of the space craft and their travels to the strange new worlds. The Author has left the story wide open at the end that could easily fill several more books taking the story in various directions. Its a fast paced story that has lots of action with multiple dynamic relationships developing throughout. the book focuses heavily on the actual unique abilities of the anthro characters. The author is very effective at bringing the reader into such intimate connections to many of the characters psyches. I felt like I was inside several of the characters heads looking out through their eyes as I read through this wonderful novel. I could not put my Kindle down.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 01:49:38 AM by WingedZephyr, Reason: fixed post formatting to make it easier to read »

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Vampyric Wolf-lion
  • Coloring: Pure white with blue streaks on the chest and back.
  • Height: 6'10"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Thin, but strong.
  • Currently: Meh.....been better. But in love. ^^
Re: "Sunset of Furmankind" amazing antho book
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 12:39:08 AM »
Sounds awesome! I'll have to check it out sometime!  XD
  • Avatar by: Ventus Fall (THANK YOUS!!! :3 )
"Normal" is a word for something that doesn't exisit. It was created by those who don't challenge the status quo, and don't aspire to greatness.
Happiness is the way the Universe rewards those who face the hardships in their lives head on, with determination in their hearts.
Love is what binds us all together, what keeps us sane, makes us insane, holds the world and Universe together.
In my mind, it doesn't matter where you are going, where you've been, where you are, nor even the journey you're on. What matters is that you keep moving, no matter where you're going, where you've been, and where you are. Just keep moving.
I am White-Heart, white because it is every colour put into one, my heart is of all colours!

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Vampyric Wolf-lion
  • Coloring: Pure white with blue streaks on the chest and back.
  • Height: 6'10"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Thin, but strong.
  • Currently: Meh.....been better. But in love. ^^
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 02:04:31 PM »
I just finished reading it. O....MY....FUR!!!!!
AMAZING!!!!!! XD
  • Avatar by: Ventus Fall (THANK YOUS!!! :3 )
"Normal" is a word for something that doesn't exisit. It was created by those who don't challenge the status quo, and don't aspire to greatness.
Happiness is the way the Universe rewards those who face the hardships in their lives head on, with determination in their hearts.
Love is what binds us all together, what keeps us sane, makes us insane, holds the world and Universe together.
In my mind, it doesn't matter where you are going, where you've been, where you are, nor even the journey you're on. What matters is that you keep moving, no matter where you're going, where you've been, and where you are. Just keep moving.
I am White-Heart, white because it is every colour put into one, my heart is of all colours!

Offline soutthpaw

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 08:41:47 PM »
Glad you liked it...   

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2