The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: First RP  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Baransu

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Baransu
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue Grey Black
  • Height: 6' 3"
  • Weight: 230 lbs
  • Build: Muscular
  • Currently: In a pensive mood
First RP
« on: February 01, 2012, 06:54:00 PM »
Looking to set up an RP session to get use to it and see how i do. Im down for any ideas so let me know  :)

Offline Kytaari

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Catfolk
  • Coloring: Gray
  • Height: 6'0
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: Feeling really creative
Re: First RP
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 05:40:24 AM »
I have some ideas, but I may require some feedback. Here it goes:

Title: Dreamscapes

Premise: It takes place in a land called Alben. This is during a medieval era. Despite the medieval-ness of this time, science fiction themes are not unknown. Here are some ideas about how they can be incorporated:

• Ethertek: half magic, half-science fiction technology. Sometimes they are weapons and armor, sometimes they are machines and gadgets. I'm not sure how this kind of technology functions yet, or any of the specifics that make this form unique. All I know is they are more capable than the average gadgets. Ethertek technology is relatively expensive and rare, and crafting it requires advanced skill.
  • Extraterrestrial history and huts: Aliens have visited before, even if space-travel hasn't been completely discovered by the citizens of Alben. I'm open to any modifications on this idea, because it's very vague to me right now. Alien ruins exist, and they can provide ample treasure. They also provide "secrets", like Ethertek schemes, unique metals, sophisticated texts, etc. A lot of things to learn from alien ruins.
Uh, I guess that's all I have for now  :/ On to the next theme!
Story: Chaos Gates are opening around the kingdom, arbitrarily. These Chaos Gates lead to dimensions known as Dreamscapes. Treasure is set to be situated in these dimensions! Maybe some stories have been circulating by the time of this story, and now some of the contents of these worlds are known. Whatever the case, some Duke or Earl or whoever wants brave people to investigate. That would be us! ^_^
Yeah, I know the premise seems pretty basic; but hey, it's my first RP too! And like I said, I think I may need some feedback for this idea. I'm not exactly sure what themes to expose, what characters should be displayed, etc.

Offline Baransu

• Avid Aardvark
  • Baransu
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue Grey Black
  • Height: 6' 3"
  • Weight: 230 lbs
  • Build: Muscular
  • Currently: In a pensive mood
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 03:10:14 AM »
Actually that sounds really good but where to start?

Offline Kytaari

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Catfolk
  • Coloring: Gray
  • Height: 6'0
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: Feeling really creative
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 07:48:07 PM »
I'm sorry for my late response. I already have this RP running on another forum, and I'd prefer to run with an idea that's different. Give me a few more days to think of something new. I also need to think of some good short story ideas to share with the community, so my mind is kind of busy. I'll post my next RP idea here when I have another premise. I hope you find it interesting when it's done.