The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: First attempt at art  (Read 1024 times)

Offline Cobalt Storm

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • wub wub wub
    • Awards
  • Species: Pegasus Pony
  • Coloring: Blue Body, with a yellow and black mane/tail
  • Build: fit
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Trying to make it here as a pony
First attempt at art
« on: May 11, 2013, 08:19:30 AM »
Well, i decided to try to draw something. so i did! The actual pic is to large to upload :( but its my avatar pic so its right there, tword the left of your screen :)

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Nobi

• Handsome Horse
  • Let's get rhetorical!
    • My tumblr!
    • Awards
  • Species: Ringtail/Cacomistle
  • Coloring: Standard ringtail coloration of sandy brown-dark brown body, white rings around my eyes, and black and white rings around my tail
  • Height: Roughly 5'6''
  • Weight: 127 lbs
  • Build: Slim and mildly athletic
  • Currently: Back!
Re: First attempt at art
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 06:28:43 PM »
You can always post the images of your art on an external image hosting site, like imgur or photobucket, or even facebook, and then just embed the image in your posts. That's how I get mine into my art thread. :) And I do scans of my drawings, so the files are pretty massive compared to the maximum attachment size here. XD

As for your drawing itself, there is certainly no shortage of emotion in your fursona. :) And I can tell you have the same problem with hands that I do, hehe. I'm still working on how to draw them well, so if I'm having a bad hand-drawing day, I'll just shove them in pockets or put them behind the back, like I did with my left paw in my avatar. XD I'd advise you to keep experimenting, though. Don't be afraid to take risks in your drawings, for that is the only way you'll truly sharpen your skills. Try out different angles, expressions, and positions. You never know where your pencil will take you, so if a drawing goes in an unexpected direction, just roll with it and see what you create. ^_^

Offline Cobalt Storm

• Avid Aardvark
  • wub wub wub
    • Awards
  • Species: Pegasus Pony
  • Coloring: Blue Body, with a yellow and black mane/tail
  • Build: fit
  • Currently: Trying to make it here as a pony
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 06:38:37 PM »
Awesome man, thanks, ill probably set up an account on furfinity or whatever its called so i can upload stuff :)

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Byracka

• Dancing Dragon
  • I'm a positive bastard (sugar)
    • Awards
  • Currently: Imma murr!
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 09:08:37 AM »
I've found it, so far, easiest to use photobucket for my drawings. I upload them there and then I copy something called "image link" post it here in the forums and it shows up without problems.

Looking forward to see what you have made, besides your avatar which is really neat :)
I do not bite unless you want to! So send a PM if there's anything you want to say :3

Backscratch