The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Why hello!  (Read 2032 times)

Offline legolyle

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • Always right? You're doing something wrong!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark grey-blue, with a nice grey streak
  • Height: 5'10"
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Aliens!
Why hello!
« on: January 19, 2012, 06:51:18 AM »
New guy here, just thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself:
My name's Lyle, and I discovered my hidden love for wolves over the past few years :3

I'm a car fanatic first, and an engineering/science fanatic second. I shall live and breathe physics, electronics, and anything mechanical for the rest of my life (although, let it be noted, I'm still an undergrad).

Wolves became a passion for me about 2 years ago, largely from a love of nature and the night sky. I learned everything I could about them, and I spent a ridiculous amount of my time reading and writing about them (more the science stuff though).
My dream is to one day travel the world and to see the night sky in different continents-without light pollution. In addition, I hope to see some wolves along the way-although that’s unlikely due to their nature.

Anyway, I’m really looking forward to getting to know everyone! :D
"if your philosophy is not unsettled daily then you are blind to all the universe has to offer"
- Neil Tyson

"When I told my father I wanted to be a physicist, he said, ‘Hell no, you ain’t going to work in a drug store.’ I said no, not a pharmacist. I said, ‘Like Einstein.’ He poked me in the chest with a piece of plumbing pipe. ‘You ain’t going to be no engineer,’ he said. ‘You’re going to be Einstein.’"
-Leonard Susskind
:'D those sorts of things make me smile.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
~negotiator~

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Bibliophilic Philosopher
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • How can you expect to win if you don't play?
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white.
  • Height: 6' 4''
  • Weight: 180 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and strong
  • Currently: No longer a member
Re: Why hello!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 06:55:05 AM »
Hello Legolyle!

I'm Otebon Albrecht and I can sympathize with your love for science. I'm a Chemist and Physicist personally, but it's nice to know another engineering and Lupine-loving kind-of-guy!

It's great to have you on the Forum!

Welcome!
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline legolyle

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 07:22:33 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm elated to hear from another science lover!
"if your philosophy is not unsettled daily then you are blind to all the universe has to offer"
- Neil Tyson

"When I told my father I wanted to be a physicist, he said, ‘Hell no, you ain’t going to work in a drug store.’ I said no, not a pharmacist. I said, ‘Like Einstein.’ He poked me in the chest with a piece of plumbing pipe. ‘You ain’t going to be no engineer,’ he said. ‘You’re going to be Einstein.’"
-Leonard Susskind

~negotiator~

Offline Luggz

• aka Radge
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Just your local friendly macro pink fox.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: fox
  • Coloring: pink and white with black ears and paws
  • Height: No idea, I've never stood still long enough to be surveyed
  • Weight: Not sure, the truck scales broke before we could get a reading
  • Build: lean
  • Currently: Macro fagging it up
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 09:04:59 AM »
Welcome to the forum Lyle! I'm sure you will enjoy it here.
I'm Luggz, a fellow car enthusiast.
"Here for a good time, not a long time" Colin McRae

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 12:52:53 PM »
Welcome to the forum Lyle!
I'm Timmy, the one and only Royal Cutefox. I hope you'll enjoy your time here ^_^
Proud to be a furry!

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your friendly neighborhood sea otter!
    • Awards
  • Species: Sea Otter
  • Currently: Otternizing
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 03:41:20 PM »
Hey, Lyle! Welcome to the forum!

That's a really cool dream there! When there is little light pollution and you look at the night sky it is quite a beautiful sight!  :D

Anywho hope you enjoy yourself here!  ^_^
  • Avatar by: Courtesy Fuzzymutt! Thank you very much ^^
  • Signature art by: Grisly! Thanks again! :D

Offline legolyle

• Dancing Dragon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 06:37:53 PM »

Welcome to the forum Lyle! I'm sure you will enjoy it here.
I'm Luggz, a fellow car enthusiast.

Thanks for the welcome! I'll get around to posting some pics of my joy (can't say pride haha) in the photos-rides section sometime!

Welcome to the forum Lyle!
I'm Timmy, the one and only Royal Cutefox. I hope you'll enjoy your time here ^_^

Thanks for the warm welcome! :3

Hey, Lyle! Welcome to the forum!

That's a really cool dream there! When there is little light pollution and you look at the night sky it is quite a beautiful sight!  :D 

Anywho hope you enjoy yourself here!  ^_^ 

Thanks, and that it is! I'll never forget it, after having seen it several times as such. Living near the city really makes you appreciate its indescribable nature.

Thanks for the welcome! :D
- Neil Tyson

-Leonard Susskind

~negotiator~

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When god closes a door, I plant a breaching charge
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: African Painted Dog
  • Coloring: Black, red and white.
  • Height: Standing: short. Sitting: Slightly... taller?
  • Weight: 97.000000000000017 Kg
  • Build: Medium build, muscular.
  • Currently: Working on the sweetest sciences
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 06:50:35 PM »
Ah! Another engineer! Hello! Nice to meet you, I'm Aoren Deringer but you can avoid my patrionym ot even just call me Ao.
Anywho feel free to PM me about anything you like, especially mechanical engineering. I'm less killed in programming but I can*ussualy* hold myown :P
ANYWAY I digress yet again, welcome, welcome! I hope you enjoy it here!
  • Avatar by: Myself, during an experiment with inversion.
"Science isn't about being conservative with your cash, it's about spending as much as you can as ridiculously as you can and hoping it doesn't explode."
- Sjin

-Aoren Rekner Ilon Deringer, F.D.F. Mechanised Unit Commander, Four Stars.

Life is an adventure! Sure, you'll probably spend most of it weeping uncontrollably, and on fire, but hey!

Offline legolyle

• Dancing Dragon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 11:59:25 PM »

Ah! Another engineer! Hello! Nice to meet you, I'm Aoren Deringer but you can avoid my patrionym ot even just call me Ao.
Anywho feel free to PM me about anything you like, especially mechanical engineering. I'm less killed in programming but I can*ussualy* hold myown :P
ANYWAY I digress yet again, welcome, welcome! I hope you enjoy it here!

Well darn, I'm lovin this place already! engineering rocks :D
I'm not much of a programmer myself-dabbled in it-but I don't think its for me :P
thanks!
- Neil Tyson

-Leonard Susskind

~negotiator~

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 02:25:05 AM »
Welcome to the forums!
Say, do you like Legos?
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline legolyle

• Dancing Dragon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 02:48:13 AM »
Welcome to the forums!
Say, do you like Legos?

How on Earth did you guess?  XD

I absolutely loved them as a child, and this name has been with me ever since my first email account. Goes well if I do say so myself. Legos, Lyle, engineer = building things :P
- Neil Tyson

-Leonard Susskind

~negotiator~

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 02:58:17 AM »
Well... the name.
By the way, I like Legos too!
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline legolyle

• Dancing Dragon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 04:46:14 PM »
Legos are the best! I was a Lego Mindstorms fanatic when I was younger, I only wish I had the time/money to go and buy some of their larger/newer models to build :P

oh and btw, thanks for the welcome!
- Neil Tyson

-Leonard Susskind

~negotiator~

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When god closes a door, I plant a breaching charge
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: African Painted Dog
  • Coloring: Black, red and white.
  • Height: Standing: short. Sitting: Slightly... taller?
  • Weight: 97.000000000000017 Kg
  • Build: Medium build, muscular.
  • Currently: Working on the sweetest sciences
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 06:41:05 PM »
I remember I used to make the strangest things xD One time I made an automatic Rube Goldberg gumball dispenser... Man that did not end well o.o
  • Avatar by: Myself, during an experiment with inversion.
"Science isn't about being conservative with your cash, it's about spending as much as you can as ridiculously as you can and hoping it doesn't explode."
- Sjin

-Aoren Rekner Ilon Deringer, F.D.F. Mechanised Unit Commander, Four Stars.

Life is an adventure! Sure, you'll probably spend most of it weeping uncontrollably, and on fire, but hey!

Offline legolyle

• Dancing Dragon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 10:00:50 PM »
I remember I used to make the strangest things xD One time I made an automatic Rube Goldberg gumball dispenser... Man that did not end well o.o

I can totally relate, for 11th grade science fair I made a coilgun that used an inductive charging system (worst possible way to go about making one). Whilst testing it out the DAY before it was due, it blew up, literally. Little boom and it totally wrecked the most expensive part of the circuit-which was a special order fast switching transistor. I had fun explaining that to my physics teacher when I brought in a non-working science fair project the next day :/

feel free to PM me if you ever want to chit chat!

cuz, we are getting a bit off topic here haha, maybe we should start an 'inventions' thread :P
- Neil Tyson

-Leonard Susskind

~negotiator~