The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: [Closed] A Gift Not Given - Battle for Control of The Order (RP) [Closed]  (Read 2755 times)

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Bibliophilic Philosopher
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • How can you expect to win if you don't play?
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white.
  • Height: 6' 4''
  • Weight: 180 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and strong
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: No longer a member
Durward, the Head of Duke Dukenis' Bodyguard, glared out at the blasted landscape in front of him. He was angry and he didn't care who knew it.

This desolate place was the Plains of Mearedo, the sight of a massive battle between Tyrian and Meliorian forces not two winters ago. Even though snow and rain had made valiant efforts to wash away the scars that lay here, Durward imagined that he could still follow the battle just by tracking. He could still see the stone remnants of platforms where the Meliorian artillery had launched their bombardment from and the perfect circles of still charred earth where the Firestorms of Tyrian Legionnaires landed.

The landscape is not why I'm upset however, Durward thought to himself with a scowl. My Duke is in there, without our protection, with those cursed Mages!

This particular hill was actually right on the border, as close to neutral territory as could be found in a hundred leagues, and as such was being used to conduct a parley between the Duke and Archmage Claudius from the Order. The Archmage wanted the Duke to order his army disbanded. The Duke claimed that the Order held no authority over him; that only the King of Meliora could order that.

They weren't getting along.

Durward looked down at the Archmage's coterie and his scowl only deepened. As usual, it was filled with those soldiers that carried little in the way of weaponry but could kill with but a few words. He hated them though some of them seemed young to join the Legionnaires. Within their ranks he saw a female Lizard with something strange on her hands, but he couldn't see what it was. There was some strange mix of a Wolf and an Eagle with some terrible looking burns peaking out from under his clothing. Then there was that Wolf, all black except for that white ear of his...

Durward glanced back to his own Soldiers, a platoon strong of Lightning Riflemen, Thundering Grenadiers, and the new recruits that they always brought along. It was better for the new Soldiers to learn at the sides of trained veterans.

Within his own unit, there was that Cat with those wings of hers (rumor had it that she had sold the design off), that half Cat half Crow mix with the gloves that had saved him more than once around a cooking fire already, and that Mouse that liked her chemistry far too much for Durward's liking.

Voices began to be raised once more in the tent. It wasn't the first time, but Durward hoped that it would be the last.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 05:24:33 AM by Otebon »
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • B3 l00k1n L1k3 D4ng H3'2 Fly
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon with feathered wings
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
  • Height: 5' 10''
  • Weight: 120lbs
  • Build: alletically built
  • Currently: Nursing a cracked spine and busted right hip
Re: A Gift Not Given - Battle for Control of The Order (RP)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 05:16:51 AM »
*Elizabeth roles her eyes and stands up.* "great just what we need, more time wasted that could be used to develop a new explosive.... or bio-chemical weapon.. *She sighs and starts pacing trying to will the time to pass faster*
  • Signature art by: me
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 05:28:23 AM »
Jayce's Log, Entry 142:Elizabeth is complaining about not being able to make weapons again. It's as though all she can think about is chemistry... the deadly sort. It's been weeks since I last saw Raziel. Heck, I rarely see any of my friends ever since they forced me into service. I'm apprenticed to a man who insists on me calling him only "Sergent", and is as militarily loyal as they come, with a strong hatred for the citizens of Tayra.

Which is why I hate him so damn much.

Jayce drummed his fingers on the side of his leg, flexing his wings behind him.

"You know," he said, glancing at the mouse, "if you do that long enough, you'll create a mark in the floor."

(Thought I'd try something new!)  ;)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 05:46:56 AM by Cifero F. Windtail »
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • B3 l00k1n L1k3 D4ng H3'2 Fly
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon with feathered wings
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
  • Height: 5' 10''
  • Weight: 120lbs
  • Build: alletically built
  • Currently: Nursing a cracked spine and busted right hip
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 05:37:15 AM »
*Lizzy stops and smiles at Jayce* Why by Golly you just gave me an idea! *she walks back over to where she was sitting and grabs her small note pad and begins to jot down different ideas for her next round of experimental weapons and defense mechanisms.*"fantasist that should go there.. and mm no no wrong spot.." *she mumbles to her self as she works.*
  • Signature art by: me
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 05:48:38 AM »
Jayce sighed and looked out the window at the remnants of the warring factions' battle of two years ago.

It doesn't have to be this way, he thought.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 04:20:28 AM by Cifero F. Windtail »
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html

Offline Leiton

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 07:59:25 AM »
I knew I never should have taken this job...
Standing outside the tent, Mawz looked at all of the machinery of the men around him in disgust, then returned his attention to the voices inside the tent.
This is pointless, he thought as he pulled out his flute and began to play.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 08:51:53 AM by Leiton »

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Reptilian(Iguana/Bearded Dragon)
  • Coloring: Light Green Scales covering her entire body
  • Height: 1.56 Meters
  • Weight: 56Kg's
  • Build: Slim/Athletic
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 12:44:48 PM »
Crouching in one of the craters where a Meliorian artillery shell had landed a little under two years ago. Surprised at how a simple machine could pack such a powerful punch.  This war has been drawn out so long, I wonder if it will ever end. 

Standing up she walked towards The lone tent on a hill, Akiara was honored the have been chosen as one of the Archemages's guards  She silently nodded towards her fellow Legionaries before falling back into rank with them.

Glancing up towards the Melorian infantry a full platoon of heavily armed and well trained Riflemen and  grenadiers. Those Melorians sure do bring a lot of troops don't they?  Her tail flicking from side to side while she rubs her hands and her long forked tongue darts in and out of her mouth.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 06:44:49 PM by Suzumibachii »

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 09:30:51 PM »
Rauchy worked with her wings near the back.  The sight was certainly new to her, barren of the things she'd known.  'This is what it looks like afterward...'
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 09:55:23 PM by Aldrea945 »
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.

Offline Jinx Leven

• Chatty Cheetah
  • derpity derp
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Peregrine falcon mix
  • Coloring: dark and light gray
  • Height: 6'1''
  • Weight: 180 lb
  • Build: average
  • Currently: On vacation in Ocean City
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 05:41:29 AM »
*Ezra chuckles at the site of the Melorians thinking to himself* "How pathetic, hiding behind there guns and missiles.. I can't wait to kill them so i can go home .I don't even see why they made me join the army any way. If there anything like those assassins this would be over already. Ah well more fun for me i guess."
  • Avatar by: Manncowmoo (forgot to update lol and im not sure if i spelt it right)

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Bibliophilic Philosopher
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • How can you expect to win if you don't play?
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white.
  • Height: 6' 4''
  • Weight: 180 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and strong
  • Currently: No longer a member
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 06:14:35 AM »
Durward looked back out at the blasted landscape, that scowl of his becoming almost a permanent feature.

I hope that this doesn't take too much longer, he thought. The wind is starting to pick up and with all this char from the field, it'll be a terrible windstor-

Durward was thrown forward as the tent next to him seemed to explode outward with great force. There was no fire, but the crushing wall of air that hit both groups of warriors threw them away from the tent.

Durward scrambled to his feet and began to run towards the tent, drawing his saber as he ran.

"FOR THE RED LION!" He had always yelled the Duke's battle cry as he charged into battle.

His eyes scanned the area where the tent had been to see that all that was left of it's interior were the broken bodies of both the Archmage in his pale yellow robes, the body of Duke Dukenis, and a fleeing figure dressed in the livery of the Court Scribe that had come with the Archmage.

"After him!" Durward screamed.
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline Leiton

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 09:06:37 AM »
Mawz was halfway through his song when the tent behind him exploded, throwing him face forward into the dirt and his flute even farther. He scrambled up, retrieved his flute, and returned it to the holster inside his vest before returning his attention to the tent. He quickly took stock of the destroyed tent.
Well, there goes my payment. He glared at the fleeing Court Scribe and cursed under his breath. He was not skilled enough in the other mystic arts to fight a strong magician in broad daylight, where his shadow abilities were next to useless.
Instead of dwelling on it, he began to check the Archmage's body to see if he was as dead as his broken body looked.

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Reptilian(Iguana/Bearded Dragon)
  • Coloring: Light Green Scales covering her entire body
  • Height: 1.56 Meters
  • Weight: 56Kg's
  • Build: Slim/Athletic
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 11:43:55 AM »
Getting thrown a few feet by the blast, Akaira slowly gets up from the dirt.  "What was that?" She turned around only to see the tent completely ripped apart and the bodies of both the archemage and the duke, now laying lifeless on the ground, noticing Maws checking the bodies. "Maws! Are they ok?!"

Seeing the fleeing scribe she instinctively started running after him. Seeing that the Melorians were now also starting to  charge the line. "This isn't going to end well."

« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 11:48:36 AM by Suzumibachii »

Offline Jinx Leven

• Chatty Cheetah
  • derpity derp
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Peregrine falcon mix
  • Coloring: dark and light gray
  • Height: 6'1''
  • Weight: 180 lb
  • Build: average
  • Currently: On vacation in Ocean City
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 12:04:26 PM »
*Ezra gets up and throws his apple aside* Ok what the heck is going on? *looks at the fleeing squire and all the people running after him* Well i guess i gotta chase this guy. *Ezra smirks as he flies after the squire, who is running quite fast* Hmm.... well this is gonna be a bit more fun than i thought. *Ezra smirks again as he flies after the squire*
  • Avatar by: Manncowmoo (forgot to update lol and im not sure if i spelt it right)

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 04:52:14 PM »
Danny looked up at the rush of air, far enough away it didn't do much more than ruffle her fur.  At the sight of the squire running, she hurried to get her wings on and took to the air, flying after him.  She readied her airgun, not wanting to over tax herself with magic.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 09:52:08 PM by Aldrea945 »
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 06:31:29 PM »
Jayce watched in shock as the tent exploded, sending the archmage and duke flying out of the tent. He began to run towards the injured men, but his master stopped him, placing a firm hand on the feline's shoulder.
"Where's your guts, boy? The enemy's that way!" Sergeant said, pointing towards the fleeing scribe.
"But... the Duke... and the archmage..."
"WHO GIVES A HELL?" the wolf screeched. "They're dead, there's nothin' you can do about that. Right now, you've gotta make your country proud; you've gotta help kill that Tyrian b@$t@rd who murdered those people! Now come on!"
With those final words, Sergeant ran right past the corpses in pursuit of the squire.
Jayce began to follow him reluctantly, but as the winged cat ran past the dead leaders, he felt something brush his leg. Looking down, he met the gaze of a Tyrian cleric. (NPC)
"Sir?" he said, kneeling down next to the man and helping him into a sitting position. He stole a quick glance at the Duke. There was no doubt about it; the man was dead.
The cleric grabbed Jayce's collar weakly and brought the boy's face closer to his.
"The... explosion," he whispered weakly. "It wasn't caused by... *COUGH-HACK*... the squire. He had seen *CACK* something, just before the explosion; he is *COUGH* scared. You must capture him; however, don't *COUGH* kill him."
Jayce quickly glanced over his shoulder. One of the other recruits was priming her airgun. (this is okay, since this was mentioned earlier)
"Sir..."
"Don't worry *HACK* about me," the cleric said. "I sense another *HACK* mage in the area. She will *COUGH* take me back. Now go!"
Jayce nodded, then ran after the others. He ran fast, and had soon overtaken everyone, much to the pleasure of his master.
"Look at him run!" he heard Sergeant say.  "Now that's dedication!"
He's gonna be so pissed with me, Jayce thought.
He looked ahead to see that the squire was nearly within his grasp. Moving quickly, he tackled the boy.
"Don't worry," he told the squire. "I'm not going to hurt you."
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 03:24:55 AM by Cifero F. Windtail »