The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Cold nights and Doom on earth  (Read 8195 times)

Offline Karma

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • the snow fox of the north
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic fox
  • Coloring: white and gray
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 120 lbs
  • Build: In shape
Re: Cold nights and Doom on earth
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2007, 11:41:12 PM »
 omg *staring at rha.* "wha........what.......what was......that? *looks extremely scared, and feels it too. :peek: "rha.... are you ok? *takes out cloth, gets it wet, wrings it, and presses it on his forehead. kneels down.* what happe..... *falls over, feeling like my head is going to explode, im screaming like i never screamed before, and i just want out.*
forgotten forever,
I live alone.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2007, 02:35:38 AM »
(Nyx visual: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/586850/)

Nyx stared out at the two felines and one fox from a dark part of the sewer. Even as a dragoness, she didn't feel like taking on any of the creatures she'd witnessed wandering the streets... They seemed wrong in a sense. Her tail swayed with slight interest as she watched the three conversate. She'd been down there by herself for a few days now, feeling more safe in the sewer than above ground due to the increasing amount of mutilations she'd heard over the radios and TVs. Unfortunately, being down there for so long alone had taken its toll on the dragoness both mentally and physically. Her mind seemed distorted in accordance to others; paranoid and stressed. She debated on whether or not to approach the others, carefully weighing the pros and cons of her situation in her mind.

Her appearance was not too appealing. Her jeans were stained with unknown substances along with her baseball T-shirt that seemed wrinkled and grungy. She also looked a little thinner than usual due to lack of food. Nyx hadn't been able to go to her place to get clean clothes or food since the night she'd witnessed one of her friends get murdered by some.... monster. Taking in a deep breath and releasing an exausted sigh, she took a step out into the dim light.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 02:41:24 AM by Nyx »

Offline Karma

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2007, 02:43:28 AM »
*the effect was immediate. i stopped screaming, and lay panting on the floor, staring at a great dragoness. i noticed the grubby clothes, but was transfixed by the shinyness and beauty of the scales. slowly, i spoke.* "what are you doing in a place like this?" * i tried to get up, yet my muscles still werent over the pain. i fell to the floor.*
forgotten forever,
I live alone.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2007, 02:53:44 AM »
Nyx gazed curiously at the fox and reached down to help her up. Her ear slightly twitched as she heaved the vixen to her feet. I can't back out of this now... the dragoness thought to herself. Being in the light, she noticed how dirty she had gotten down here... She didn't like it. Her purple-ish black scales gleamed against the dim glow. At least they managed to stay clean. Nyx shifted her eyes to the corpse that lie in the floor, then to the tiger and panther that stood before her. She scratched the back of her head ans shifted her wings uneasily as she took a shot at forming a sentence. "I-I've been down here for a few days, I think. Lost track of time after my cell phone went dead." She lowered her icy purple eyes.

Offline Rhakshi

• Feudal Lord of the Warzone
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
  • huzzah!
    • Awards
  • Species: Panther
  • Coloring: black, kind of grey
  • Height: 5'11
  • Weight: 132
  • Build: Slim, agile,
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2007, 04:14:09 AM »
(God,, I just became,, way too lazy to post anything for the longest time it seemed, sorry)

Rhakshi looked up at the two, looking towards the strange new dragoness who had arrived.  Tilting his head he asked
   "who are you?"
Waiting for her reply he picked up the shotgun from before, checking the ammo he counted three more bullets. This uncomforted him in the fact that if they meet anymore of those things they probably wouldn't have an easy time killing it with only three shots.
don't get mad get sadistic
on "imvu" I am Rhakshi. How original                        
and heres the link for you lazy bums out there
http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?user=5238336

Offline JFPulse

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Bengal Tiger
  • Coloring: Gold and white with black stripes
  • Height: 184 cm
  • Weight: 86 kg
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2007, 07:42:54 AM »
As if awaking from a dream, Pulse recoved from his stunned state.  What he had just witnessed seemed like it took an eternity to process even though the events had only lasted a few seconds.  The possessed human still twitching where he lay dead upon the floor.  Both of his companions writhing in pain and screaming as though rabid or possessed themselves.  The sudden appearance of a draconic form from the darkness.  It was enough to make any man freeze in terror.

But now the brief nightmare was over, and Pulse knew that if he was going to live through this night, he would have to gain control over his fears.  He had a sinking feeling that he had yet to experience true horror.  The female dragon, while ominous at first, seemed to be well-intentioned.  Perhaps he and his companions had a new ally.

Pulse took a deep breath to clear his head, and he walked over to help Rhakshi to his feet.  Noting a concerned look on the panther's face, he asked, "Not to ask the obvious, but what's wrong?  Are you all right?"
...and everything under the sun is in tune...

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2007, 01:43:16 PM »
"My name's Nyx." She said trying to stay calm. "It's a good thing you killed that... That thing, because I think he was beginning to figure out I was down here. Thanks." Nyx shifted her wings uneasily as she heard a noise a small distance away in the sewer's tunnel. She'd gotten so paranoid down here that even the slightest noise made her jump.

Offline Karma

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2007, 04:01:12 PM »
* i looked at nyx, and noticed her jump at the noise.* "its all right, if anyone else is down here, we can take em." * i looked in my bag and pulled out a few handguns. i passed them around to everyone so they all had one. then i took out a small but lethal looking gun, and attached it to the belt around my hip.*
forgotten forever,
I live alone.

Offline JFPulse

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Bengal Tiger
  • Coloring: Gold and white with black stripes
  • Height: 184 cm
  • Weight: 86 kg
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2007, 06:20:14 PM »
Pulse examined the gun in his paw.  The weight of it felt odd, heavy.  He had never held a gun before, and he felt uneasy holding one now.  The crudeness and violence inherent in the weapon seemed to go against everything that he believed in.  Still, he knew it to be an effective weapon, and claws alone were not going to keep him alive long.

Pulse pocketed the firearm and turned to Vixen.  "What the hell are you doing carrying around all this firepower anyway?  And why didn't you tell us about it earlier?"
...and everything under the sun is in tune...

Offline Karma

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2007, 06:26:29 PM »
"well jeez im sorry... i was in shock that we would actually have a use for them.. i was in shock i wasn't thinking right. and what was i doing carrying them? i always have stuff that we might need. im prepared for the worst." *at the end of my sentence i finished loading the gun.*
forgotten forever,
I live alone.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2007, 12:22:21 AM »
Nyx eyed her gun as well, not liking the feel for it. She usually preferred to stay out of things of that sort... But was sure she'd need it if she were to encounter one of those... Things. She fumbled with the gun until she was able to slip it into the hip of her pants, mimicking Vixen.

Offline Rhakshi

• Racious Racoon
  • huzzah!
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2007, 09:16:33 PM »
Rhakshi looked towards the others,  when pulse asked him what was wrong he didn't know how to answer. Deciding to ignore the question he motioned for everyone to advance in the sewer, trying to stray away from this nightmare.

"urr,, um,, let's continue shall we? This place is giving me an odd feeling."

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2007, 09:28:04 PM »
Nyx nodded in agreement with Rha and curiously asked, "So what are your names? I know Vixen's."

Offline Rhakshi

• Racious Racoon
  • huzzah!
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2007, 01:55:25 AM »
looks over to Nyx,
  "My names Rhakshi Akscythe, never caught the other two's names though"
That's when the cavern part of the sewer that they were in went completely dark, even for Rha's keen sense of vision light had vanished through the room. Three seconds of pure silence went through the room for a couple of seconds.
   "uhh what happ-"
  Rhakshi was interrupted by low pitched shrieking originating from seemingly nowhere as the walls streaked with flourescent orange colors emiting off the walls.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2007, 01:58:59 AM »
Nyx jumped and clumsily grabbed for her gun. She was frightened... She didn't want to see any of her new companions get murdered like one of her closest friends did. She took in a deep breath and exhaled to try to keep her head. Panicking would solve nothing.