The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: *Shy Smile*  (Read 1075 times)

Offline Kalylia

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Curious, Fuzzy Geek
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • The Underground - A Pokemon Podcast
    • Awards
  • Species: Marbled Polecat
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: FINALLY has an image of her fursona!
*Shy Smile*
« on: December 01, 2011, 06:59:43 AM »
Um, Hello everyone.

I go by Kalylia almost everywhere on the internet.  I'm a little nervous to be here, as I'm such a newbie to this world.  I guess now is where I introduce myself.  You'll have to forgive my long-winded nature.  I honestly can't help myself sometimes.

I don't know a whole lot about the furry world.  I'm just starting to reach out to the community and get my toes wet.  I don't have a real "fursona" yet.  I've always had a very close connection with nature (I'm actually Pagan), and I guess falling in love with furries is an extension of that.  I'm hoping to learn a lot from my stay here on the forums and hopefully meet some accepting and understanding people, as I'm not entirely sure I understand this part of myself yet.

I guess you'd like to know a little more about me?

I'm a 23-year-old college student living in Fargo, North Dakota, also known as American Hoth.  I live with my husband, who is the absolute love of my life.  Rounding out our family are our boys, a domestic longhair cat, Shango (Darth Shango Fett, lord of the Cat-Sith) and a Shetland Sheepdog, Antilles.  I'm studying Mass Communications and English as my majors, and East Asian Studies for my minor.  I'm set to graduate in about a year and a half.  I struggle with Major Depressive Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder, but am slowly learning to not let them control my life.  I'm rather unconventional in a lot of ways other than my budding love for furries, including my Pagan faith system and being unabashedly bisexual.

I'm also a total geek.  No, I'm not even kidding.  When I graduate from college, I want to become a gaming and anime journalist.  I'm already running my own website (with another geek girl) that is currently mostly a podcast, though we're hoping to start adding blog content soon.  I love video games, anime, tabletop RPGs, card games, board games, fantasy, science fiction, comics, just about everything and anything that's even remotely nerdy, I'm there.  My favorite video games include Mass Effect, Skyrim, and Pokemon.  My favorite animes include Madoka Magica, Kiddy Grade, and ANYTHING by Miyazaki.  I'd be very hard-pressed to choose favorite novels, but I think I know deep in my heart it's Harry Potter all the way.

Anything else you'd like to know? ^^7
Learning, growing, and trying to find some furry friends.

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
Re: *Shy Smile*
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 09:43:45 AM »
Ah, welcome to the forums! :)

Its great to have another Pagan on the forums as well (Although I'm not sure what type I am, but I have a feeling that I'm Eclectic)
How long have you been following your path? For me, its been about six months. Maybe you can take me under your wing? :)

You'll have to teach me more about Asia! I feel like I'm just another otaku if I say that I love the Japanese culture, even though I do but I feel like I barley know much about it (Yea, I know more than the average citizen, but not as much as I should) From my knowledge though I love it, they just make sense to me. :)

POKIEHMAN! Which versions do you have?
Once I get the Wi-Fi back working on it, feel free to add my FC, just tell me ok? :P

And Miyazaki is a personal favorite too! Which one of his movies do you like the best? I think for me, its close between Spirited Away (That's the one that got me into his movies) and Princess Mononoke.

So, hope to see you around here, enjoy your stay :D

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 04:40:31 PM »
You like Miyazaki too? are you gonna see the new movie coming out based on the borrowers of his? :D

Im Macid the diamond Lynx and I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 04:44:16 PM »
Welcome to the forum. :) I hope you enjoy it here.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Kalylia

• Avid Aardvark
  • Curious, Fuzzy Geek
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 05:50:25 PM »

Oh good, some people ready my giant post!

WingedZephyr - Thank you for the welcome! ;3

Macid - I DO enjoy Miyazaki!  I hope to go see his new film if it ends up coming to the theater in Fargo.  If it doesn't, there's always DVDs!

TheRedeemed - I grew up Christian (Lutheran) and when I started college, I began exploring my own spirituality to find a faith that truly fit me.  I fully came to Paganism about three years ago.  I'm still very green and am learning a lot.  I study and research all the time. *laughs* I guess that's part of being a nerd.

As for my Pokemon games, I own a ton of them.  SoulSilver, HeartGold, Black, White, Platinum, Diamond.  And those are just the DS versions!  Though Black is my current cart (White /technically/ is my husbands. XD)

I'm hard-pressed to choose a favorite Miyazaki film.  I love them all, really.  Howl's Moving Castle, Totoro, and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind are probably my top 3 though. XD

Offline [Sov]

• Your Local Neurotic Hyena
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • One more word and you wont survive.
    • Awards
  • Species: Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown stripes, sandy colored fur
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 150lbs
  • Build: Curvy~
  • Currently: Neurotic!
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 08:13:04 PM »
For a shy smile, this is probably the most informative introductory post I've ever seen here. Welcome to the forum. I'm Jovi, one of the only equines around these parts. I hope you enjoy it here!  ^_^
I am closed for commissions. See my furaffinity for pricing.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
Shuffling the cards of your game
And just in time
In the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace

Wanna find me in other places?

FurAffinity::Twitter

Offline Kalylia

• Avid Aardvark
  • Curious, Fuzzy Geek
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 09:16:03 PM »
Hello, Jovi!  I love your avatar.  Friesans are so beautiful.  I love horses, I had one in high school. ^.^

Offline Døvu

• Foxy Fox
  • kik: Dovuu
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: dark brown, tan, white, gold
  • Height: Anthro: 6'0 Feral: 4'6
  • Weight: Anthro: 145 Feral: 470
  • Currently: in need of attention
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 02:34:08 AM »
Welcome to the forums! Im Dingo :D
North Dakota huh? Ive driven through there multiple times, my brother went to college there for 2 years...American Hoth Indeed!!
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dovu/

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 08:08:26 AM »
(Nods) I hear a lot about Howl's Moving Castle... I should give that a watch, I guess. :P

As for Pokemon, I only have White for the DS (I followed everyone else that said that it was an "old game for kids", and I regret it. I like Pokemon themselves better though, like the species. GOD I WISH THEY WERE REAL!)

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 09:40:24 AM »
Welcome to the forum Kalylia!
I'm Timmy, the one and only Royal Cutefox. I hope you'll enjoy your time here ^_^
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!