The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Welcome to The Bloodhounds RP  (Read 5600 times)

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Bibliophilic Philosopher
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • How can you expect to win if you don't play?
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white.
  • Height: 6' 4''
  • Weight: 180 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and strong
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: No longer a member
Welcome to The Bloodhounds RP
« on: November 29, 2011, 06:11:56 PM »
** Please note, this is the RP Thread. If you wish to join (assuming that slots are still available), please check the Companion Board for an OOC with the same name.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did it, Varen thought to himself as he stood near the center of the large antechamber with his eyes fixed on the door and a small, albeit self-satisfied smile on his face. I finally passed their tests. All that’s left is this Trial I’ve been hearing all about.

It had been a grueling six months for Varen, but that did not mean that the rewards were small. The Bloodhounds, a group of bounty hunters, mercenaries, and anything else that satisfied their contract, were demanding and strict, but if you had to say one thing about them, it had to be this:

They were good.

Varen was currently rocking back and forth on the soles of his stout leather boots, eager to move forward, but nervous about what lie beyond the door. When he and everyone else here had been led here nearly an hour ago by the weapons instructor Otebon, all the black furred wolf had deigned to tell them was…

“Stay here and wait until you are called. Oh,” he had said as he turned to leave. “Try to be polite.”

With that, the old wolf had left Varen alone with four other people he could only assume had just completed their training and were waiting for their own Trial. Although he felt he had already done it a thousand times, Varen gazed at each of his new companions, trying to learn as much as he could while he had the time.

Varen’s gaze first fell upon what looked to be a mixture between a cat and a crow. His wings were large and folded behind his back, though they did ruffle a bit as he rolled his shoulders. He was probably impatient to move along and Varen couldn’t blame him. Although he looked young, he seemed to have the grace of a technical fighter, someone that used their speed and maneuverability to win a fight.

The next person Varen saw was someone he had trained with on several occasions: Jesse. The black furred wolf was playing with the hairs on his tail, something he was prone to do when bored or nervous. Varen always felt sorrow when he saw the scar on Jesse’s face. He had never asked, but had heard a few rumors about its origin.

Continuing his scan of the room, Varen’s eyes fell on someone dealing with their wait a lot better than he was himself. She had her hood up, but Varen could tell that she was completely at ease. She did not move much or continually scan the room, though her position in the corner of the room may have assisted with that. Her hands lay perfectly still as they were crossed in front of her chest.

That left only one more person waiting with them. This was someone that Varen was intensely curious about, but honestly a bit afraid to ask. Varen himself was about six feet tall (fairly average considering the height of wolves) but this… creature (for he couldn’t identify the race of this individual) stood nearly a foot taller than that. He looked like he was not comfortable waiting in the midst of four other people. His eyes seemed to jump from person to person, his fingers twitched for weapons that weren’t there, and he looked as though he expected an attack. The creature was well-muscled and brutal looking with black skin, red hair, and blue markings covering some of the exposed skin, but that isn’t what Varen focused on. As he had spent a good part of his time as a healer, he hated to see scars and the remnants of pain. The wings of this strange person were mangled beyond repair and Varen had to wonder if the warrior missed flying.

His introspection was interrupted however by the door opening in front of him opening. “You may enter,” a distinctly female voice called out to the assembled. So without waiting, Varen entered immediately and was closely followed by the other attendants.

They all found themselves in a stone chamber brightly lit almost solely by windows that showed the valley, the only real method of approach beyond flight to the headquarters of the Bloodhounds, stretched out below them and a hint of the sea beyond.

“Welcome apprentices,” said the voice once more, this time originating from a gryphoness on the far side of the room dressed in white leather armor with a small red symbol over her heart that allowed her to use her full range of motion, especially for her wings. “My name is Lucasta and I am one of the leaders of The Bloodhounds.

That makes me the other head,” said a much deeper voice behind the group of five. The origin of the voice was a hyena just now coming into the room and was shutting the door behind them. He was dressed in dark red leather armor that featured plates also showing the symbol of The Bloodhounds bolted on to protect his right shoulder and upper arm. “The name is Kieran, and you better remember it.” With that done, the hyena joined the gryphoness at the far end of the room. “You are here because you are ready for our Trial, which is this. You will be given a contract. Complete it, and you may call yourselves Bloodhounds.”

Lucasta nodded. “Exactly. You have been assigned to find a Bandit Lord that goes by the name Saker. The Lords of Aethera desire this… annoyance to be brought to justice. You will track him down and either bring back proof of his death or provide for his transport to a prison controlled by the Aetherans.”

Once you’ve killed him…” Kieran began before Lucasta struck him on the arm. “Fine,” he said with a sigh. "Once you have done that, you will return to us and report. We will then judge your performance.”

“If ever during your journey you require aid from The Bloodhounds, we have posts hidden throughout the cities of the world. Simply look for our symbol,” at this Lucasta gestured to the symbol on her armor, “hidden in plain sight. Our agents can hide you, give you supplies, or information if you desire.”

Kieran cracked his neck loudly. “So, you will begin your search in Kuasta. Saker’s thugs have been active there lately and it will probably give you the best lead. If you aren’t familiar with the town, it’s well within Aetheran territory and near the sea. You will begin your search there.”

Do you have any questions,” Lucasta asked. “Once you leave here, you will not be allowed to return and must succeed or fail on your own, with the exception of our agents throughout the world. You may ask what questions you will however now, but then we will part. Your ship leaves soon.”
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline darryldemented

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Species: wolf
  • Coloring: gray fur with black stripe down the middle of back
  • Height: 6'0
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: lean
  • Currently: drooling as i wonder what is for lunch <3
Re: Welcome to The Bloodhounds RP
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 03:44:59 AM »
jesse eyed the other apprentices in the room, looking them over. they all seemed capable of fulfilling the contract.

lucasta asked if there were any questions, none of the others had voiced one yet. maybe they were too intimidated by the griphoness. jesse however had his own agenda "mistress lucasta, if you recall the lords of Aethera are not the only ones with interest in the matter. lord Saker is responsible for the burning of my village and slaying of my family. it was one of his adepts who gave me this scar," he gestured to the long scar on his face, several of the apprentices gave looks of sympathy, "I am going to make one thing clear, Saker is mine!" he stood as he said this  "if anyone should kill him it should be me, forgive me for asking though. will there be a reward for Killing saker?"

Offline [Sov]

• Your Local Neurotic Hyena
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • One more word and you wont survive.
    • Awards
  • Species: Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown stripes, sandy colored fur
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 150lbs
  • Build: Curvy~
  • Currently: Neurotic!
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 04:16:27 AM »
Creature sat twitching a little bit, uneasy with being in this waiting room with these other people he was unfamiliar with. Especially when they looked at him, or his damaged wing, his face fell cold and his eyes already looked evil. The demon stood up and followed the group into the other room where they met two of the leaders of The Bloodhounds. His eyes narrowed and refocused as the information was given out to them, and he nodded in silent agreeance of the things they were given. He had enough weapons and armor for himself that needing supplies, other than food, wouldn't be any concern to him. His teal markings did not glow, but they were visible, his curved horns felt heavy on his head for some odd reason as a small wolf spoke of killing Saker himself. He arched a brow and tilted his head when the wolf asked about a reward, he was kidding, right? A smirk and a "heh" came from between his lips, but he decided it best to stay silent for the moment.
I am closed for commissions. See my furaffinity for pricing.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
Shuffling the cards of your game
And just in time
In the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace

Wanna find me in other places?

FurAffinity::Twitter

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • B3 l00k1n L1k3 D4ng H3'2 Fly
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon with feathered wings
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
  • Height: 5' 10''
  • Weight: 120lbs
  • Build: alletically built
  • Currently: Nursing a cracked spine and busted right hip
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 04:58:25 AM »
Cassandra looked about the room to see anyone that entered or exited. She felt perfectly at ease with the solidness of the two walls at her back. She was starting to get annoyed with all the motion that one rather tall individual was creating. They were most certainly not cut out for waiting around patiently. Then some female opened the door and bid everyone to enter. Cassandra stayed back a little from the group watching for any hidden dangers. As she walked into the stone chamber she heard the sound of soft footfalls behind her and was not surprised to hear the door close shortly after.

She positioned her self, out of habit, in yet another corner with clear sight to any, and all, exits possible. Cassandra listened closely to what Lucasta and Kieran had to say. She did little more than glance over at Jessie,when he begun to talk, and gave no look of sympathy. /he has got his problems and motives and I have got mine/ she thought to herself. She leaned forward slightly at the mention of the question of a reward and smiled. She glanced around at the others again, and her confidence in completing the task grew. /this task may just be beneficial to have at least one ali... or more./ She then straightened up and took a step towards the others. "I my-self was wondering something along the same lines."
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 05:07:14 AM by Kaya_0223 »
  • Signature art by: me
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 04:42:16 AM »
When Jesse came forward and spoke, the reactions of Lucasta and Kieran were very different.

Kieran guffawed loudly. "I told you Lucasta," he said once the uproarious laughter abated. "I like that one!"

Lucasta dipped her head slightly in recognition of Kieran's words. "Yes Jesse, we are aware of your connect to this Saker. I would caution that you attempt to bring Saker in alive, but I realize that I cannot foresee every turn in the paths your life will take you."

Turning to the rest of those gathered, Lucasta continued. "To answer your question of reward: yes, there is a reward for killing Saker. His contract is to bring him in, dead or alive. Know this however. Any reward gathered by the completion of a contract is split with The Bloodhounds. Through the money that our Bloodhounds bring in through contracts, we are able to maintain our outposts and equip our hunters."

"That still means that you will get to keep half," Kieran said nonchalantly. "You get to split that half as you will and we don't care how you spend it. And don't worry about being slighted, I've seen the contract myself and Saker is worth plenty, no matter what state he's brought in."
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline darryldemented

• Avid Aardvark
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 01:50:07 PM »
jesse smiled at the thought of a reward for killing saker. he couldnt explain the excitement he felt in words he would be rewarded for avenging his family! his tail wagged so violently that had be been standing near a table he would have cleared any items setting on it off of it.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 04:39:18 AM »
"How will we know that we've found him?" Zavier said, rubbing his injured shoulder. "And what should I do if I run into... never mind, I know."

"And for the record, " he said, looking around the room at everyone, "I'd really prefer it if we can bring him back alive."

"Without killing any living things."
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline darryldemented

• Avid Aardvark
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 03:50:02 PM »
"Saker is rather large and muscular, i know it sounds like any other bandit but Saker is a Giant. he uses a set of Twin Greatswords the size of any one of us," said jesse, then his eyes fell on creature "well the size of most of us" he amended. "he wears no armor for he believes himself to be untouchable, he will be in the center of the largest city well Guarded by the elites of his clan, he lives in a stolen castle that he himself supposedly cleared. hes aproximately 9 foot tall and a black dragon with a gray underbelly and spikes going down his back his wing span is about 18 foot. he is truly a foe to be reckoned with."

though jesse knew the full story on Saker, he was not afraid. his hair stood on end and a low growl .escaped his throat. I will get you saker, if its the last thing i do. he thought.

(saker's form has not been truly thought about but since he is kind of my character this is how im going to portray him)

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 12:51:54 AM »
Cassandra leans back against the wall and starts to dose slightly. The past two evenings she had none, dew to the fact she had some personal business to attend to.
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 01:11:53 AM »
Zaveir turned and looked at Jesse. "So he's just an overconfident upstart?"
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 02:13:05 AM »
Kieran nodded when Jesse described Saker. "You're right there," he said with a small smile on his face, as though remembering something funny. "Saker is one massive individual and a bit on the frightening side when it comes to those swords of his. I still remember the beating he gave me some twenty years ago..." Kieran's hands came up and rubbed a spot in the center of his stomach, as though remembering a past wound. "That was before he became a self-proclaimed Bandit Lord, however..."

Lucasta glanced at Kieran, a look of sympathy on her face. "I appreciate your concern to bring Saker in without undue conflict. I too would prefer that to happen. As to where Saker is, we have little idea. Yes, he is an arrogant upstart, but don't underestimate him. It does fit that he would want the largest, most opulent, and most kingly lodgings that he could acquire, so we suggest that you direct your attentions to the major cities of Caldiera, Kuasta, Feldspar, and Aetheria. I would suggest that you would put your efforts to finding an associate or underling and follow that trail so that you do not end up on the wrong side of the continent."

Lucasta glanced out of the window and sucked in her breath quickly. "Oh dear," she said with some irritation. "Your ship will be leaving within the hour. Head down to the quartermaster and then to the docks."

Kieran waved. "Good hunting."

--- --- ---

It had taken two long days at sea, but their ship, the Sea Sprite, was blessed by good winds and helpful currents. The trip was short and uneventful, and now it was coming to an end.

Soon their small group was unloading onto the docks, led by the guide that had met them at the ship. He was a Bloodhound, an otter, named Abgrider. He had explained that he had his own mission in Kuasta and had also been assigned chaperoning their small group at least to the safe house within Kuasta.

Once everyone's packs and gear were all off the ship, Abgrider led them through the city. He spent much of his time speaking loudly and boisterously about nothing of any great importance, much the same as he had during their trip on the sea. He spoke of how Kuasta basically survived through shipping, fishing, and trade for this side of the continent as he led them to a small Tavern named The Flying Fish and headed inside.

Only sparing a nod for the Matron, a round-bodied Horse, Abgrider headed to the top floor of the Tavern and went into a room at the far end of the hall. The group entered and found themselves in a large room that functioned as a antechamber for three others. The center of this chamber lay a large table with several chairs around it. In one of these chairs a Fox in a heavy overcoat.

Abgrider laid his bags on top of the table and rolled his shoulders. "Alright then new members, welcome to Kuasta," he said grandly. "This is the safe house for this fair city, as run by Sarah downstairs. If you need anything, ask her and she can try to get a hold of it. Beyond that," Abgrider said as he turned to the room immediately across from the door he had entered. "this one is my room. You are in the other two as you wish. My contract requires that I leave sometime tonight, so I'm going to go to bed. I got a message from the higher-ups that you are looking for a bandit by the name of Saker. I know that his thugs have been hitting caravans going inland for the last few weeks, so I suggest that you meet and greet and figure out what you need to do so you can start on that."

He waved and headed into his room. "Good Luck!"

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 02:27:13 AM »
After the person Left Zavier glanced around the room.
"Okay," he said, sitting down. "So... should I start, or does someone else want to?"

Offline darryldemented

• Avid Aardvark
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 04:48:39 AM »
jesse, being tired and slightly seasick from the journey across the sea wished nothing more but to rest. he sat at a small table set for two decorated with but a single burning candle.

"i am feeling under the weather, if you wish to begin do so." he said  huffing. the room felt hot to him and his thick fur wasn't of much help. he lifted his hands as he drew a small rune in the air before him, it was the rune for air.  almost immediately a small breeze blew around the room. the wind blew his fur slightly helping him relax.

it was a weak rune however, the breeze continued to go about the room untill the candle flickered out and it dissipated. "damn.."  jesse drew the rune for fire and it sparked just enough to light the candle.

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 01:38:26 PM »
Cassandra had to admit that the town wasn't as bad as she expected it to be, but nor was it grand. She followed  Abgrider and when they got into the large room she took a chair and sat down and because it was so warm in the room even after Jesse made the breeze and put out the candle. She lowered her hood and removed the bottom portion of her face guard as well. Within a few seconds Jesse had the candle lit again.

"So we may as well get acquainted, My name is Cassandra and I was an assassin before i joined The Bloodhounds."

Offline darryldemented

• Avid Aardvark
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 03:30:07 PM »
"nice to make your aquaintance cassandra, i am jesse. before the bloodhounds i trained to be a warrior so i could hunt down saker, and now i am here."