The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Amnesia: The Dark Descent  (Read 2258 times)

Offline Crystal_Punisher

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Keratheras
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Anthro/Neko
  • Coloring: Brown Fur, Cyan Eyes
  • Height: 5'2
  • Weight: 112 lbs.
  • Build: I guess Athletic
  • Currently: I feel like giving out tons of hugs! :D
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
« on: November 19, 2011, 11:16:16 PM »
This the OOC Thread for my new roleplay unoriginally called Amnesia: The Dark Descent, which is based on the video game of the same name that was recently released for the PC. It is not required that you have played the game or know anything about it. But most/all of these ideas are from this game. So therefore I didn't really make any of this up apart from tweaking it and making it a tiny bit more all-age roleplay friendly.
Lets start with the 5 W's im sure you heard about them when you were like 5.

Where?
The Roleplay shall be set in a castle/large building. This particular building is haunted and there are strange sightings/noises. All these sightings/noises affect your sanity. Also the darkness will affect your sanity so don't stand in it for to long. Soon you might be falling all over the place attracting... monsters.

What?
Well Amnesia is about your character trying to escape the building [which by the way you will never ;D]. You can encounter monsters [gatherer's and water lurkers. More information below] and a the shadow which follows us all. [more information below.]

Who?
You of course! One thing though, you took an amnesia potion just before you start roleplaying. You therefore only have fragments of your memory left. - Or no memories its up to you!

Why?
I thought this type of roleplay would be good fun for everybody - whether you are an advanced roleplayer or just a beginner. Adding a scary setting is always a nice thing to leap into as the roleplayer.

When?
Medieval times 1700's / 1800's roughly.

-THE MONSTERS-
WARNING: DETAILED, MILDLY GRAPHIC CONTENT YOU READ ON AT YOUR OWN RISK. HIDDEN GROVES PACK SHALL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BAD NIGHTMARES.
I'd strongly advise any younger members to skip this part/avoid reading it.

The Gatherers.
These enemies come in two variations, Grunts and Brutes, and patrol parts of Castle, attacking you if sighted. Since you are weaponless, they cannot be killed and have to be avoided.
Grunts - Grunts are horrifyingly disfigured monstrosities which have had their hands cut off and replaced with iron claws. They appear to have had their lower jaw severed, and it now flops out over their chest.
Brutes - Brutes are malformed humanoids wearing overalls and with Frankenstein-esque bolts and nails jutting out of their flesh. They attack with a blade on an iron pole sticking out of their arm.

The Water Lurkers

These enemies only appear in areas of the castle filled with water. They are completely invisible to you and their position can only be identified by the splashes they make in the water. If you stay in the water for too long the monsters will give chase and attack you. The only way to avoid them is by staying out of the water and maneuvering using objects such as floating crates or pieces of wood. The monsters can be distracted if you throw a piece of human flesh into the water, which they will voraciously feed on.

The Shadow

An unseen force that is hunting you. While it is not seen as a physical being, it is described as a huge sluggish mass of darkness and leaves behind a fleshy damaging substance over anything it touches.

---

Kay its safe to read if you skipped that part.
Basically the water lurkers and the gatherers are monsters. And the shadow is like a living nightmare, leaving fleshy substance which damages you.

Encountering Monsters

Amnesia does not give the player access to weapons, giving them no defense against the gruesome creatures that wander the Castle. As such, the player must use their wits to escape and hide from the monsters until they lose interest in finding the player. However, monsters are very capable of tearing down doors in their path and kicking obstacles out of the way. Players can also choose to hide in the shadows at the cost of slowly losing their sanity. Another thing the player can do is barricade doors with rocks, chairs, and other obstacles. But the monsters do move very quickly when alerted, so the player has to be quick.

Sanity

Being in darkness too long, witnessing unsettling events, or staring at the monsters for too long will reduce the character's sanity. As the sanity level decreases, visual and auditory hallucinations start to occur and the player is noticed by monsters more easily. Using tinderboxes to light candles and other light sources, as well as a lantern can stop their sanity from draining. However, the number of tinderboxes is limited, and the lantern cannot be used when the oil is depleted. This forces the player to find a balance between the amount of time they spend in light and shadow. Sanity is restored to full once the player completes an objective or progresses through the RP, meeting new people and joining a group. It may also be restored by staying in the shadows until the player character passes out, but this makes him extremely vulnerable to any nearby monsters.

The form

You want to join in with the RP? Simply add this underneath/in your post.

Just To tell you guys, imade the RP thread, go nd have fun! it can be found here: http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=18703.0

Note: Mostly all of the above and below text is not of my own making, the credit goes to Darkfur of hiddengrove*dot*prophpbb*dot*/topic22.html (note that the *dot* parts are put in place so as not to make a link to any place), many thanks go to him/her.

Code: [Select]
Amnesia Roleplay Form

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Race/Species:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Biography:[/b]
[b]Memories left:[/b]
[b]Character Description:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Disabilities?[blind, etc.]:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

Post Merge: November 20, 2011, 12:17:07 AM

Name: Keratheras
Race/Species: Anthro-wolf
Biography: She was betrayed by her brother for a Red orb, much like the others found around the world. There is a shadow following her, it is hunting her and she is hunting her brother
She now hunts her brother, and the shadow is now after her, and she has little time left before it catches up.

Memories left: Vague memories of her brother, seemingly warm ones, she remembers her name and not much else, besides her reason for appearing male and her behaviours associated with it are intact, she also remembers seeing the Shadow materialize around her in a strange room that is completely white.

Character Description: She is an anthro wolf who chooses to look like a male by bandaging her chest and forearms, and wearing a green tank top, gray pants and steel-toed shoes, also fingerless gloves and red tinted black rimmed goggles. She is more Neko-like than a full anthro wolf, she has brown fur and hair, slim/fit body that is a tiny bit athletic. she has a tail and ears and claws and other things, but she has the face of a human. She weighs around 112 lbs. and is 5'2" tall. She has Cyan eyes under her goggles, which are usually over her eyes practically all the time

Personality: She is a strong and independent woman who acts and sounds male, for all intents and purposes, she is male on the outside and to all she meets, on the inside she is of course female. She freaks out when a monster finds her.
Disabilities?[blind, etc.]:
Other:

Keratheras is a 17 year old female  She originates from a past like the protagonist in Amnesia; Daniel.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 04:18:40 PM by Crystal_Punisher »
Fursona Brief Description: Keratheras is a 17 year old female anthro wolf who chooses to look like a male by bandaging her chest and forearms, and wearing a green tank top, gray pants and steel-toed shoes, also fingerless gloves and red tinted black rimmed goggles. She originates from a past like the protagonist in Amnesia; Daniel. She was betrayed by her brother for something as simple as a shining Red orb. There is a shadow following her, in fact it is the same shadow which once hunted Daniel. She can easily lose her sanity just like Daniel, in all the same ways. She is more Neko-like than a full anthro wolf, she has brown fur and hair, slim/fit body that is a tiny bit athletic. she has a tail and ears and claws and other things, but she does not have the muzzle part of a wolf, only the face of a human, but the nose of a wolf.
She now hunts her brother, and the shadow is now after her, and she has little time left before it catches up.

Offline Døvu

• Foxy Fox
  • kik: Dovuu
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: dark brown, tan, white, gold
  • Height: Anthro: 6'0 Feral: 4'6
  • Weight: Anthro: 145 Feral: 470
  • Currently: in need of attention
Re: Amnesia: The Dark Descent
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 04:22:45 AM »
first of all i LOVE this game, scariest one ive ever played. took me so long to beat just because i would only be able to take so much of it a night (and yes i only played at night) If u like this game check out Penumbra. Same game concept, same producers, just came out before amnesia. anywho, i would love to join this RP!

Name: Dovu.
Species: Lion

Biography: After visiting ancient ruins in Europe, he returned home schizophrenic and paranoid, and soon began having visions and vidic nightmares that began to bleed into real life. After being pushed to the limits of his sanity he saw many therapists and was eventually put into a Mental Institute. After a couple weeks there he was released into the hands of a stranger who said he could cure him. Dovu was taken to the castle being told the man inside who had the answers waited within. However the stranger did not follow him inside...

Memories: None, all except a notebook with a single page, all the others were ripped out.

Character description: (check under avi)

personality: insanity was cured after drinking the amnesia potion, however the castle is sure to re trigger his condition. he remembers nothing, and posses nothing but the torn apart notebook and the clothes on his back. He is quiet, very afraid, constantly shaking which is evident in his voice. Despite his outter appearance he digs deep inside himself to find courage and intends to get out alive nomatter the costs.
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dovu/

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Crystal_Punisher

• Vibrating Furby
  • Keratheras
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 10:16:59 AM »
Yeah, i played Penumbra before, but i can only play it at my friends place. I think it's scarier, since there's less places to hide, but it's alot less so, cause you can just keep hitting all the wolves with the hammer or pick.
I felt like making this RP, and will make the actual Thread in a small bit, once i know there's a good two more people who are interested, also my fursona is based in the Amnesia game world.
^^
Fursona Brief Description: Keratheras is a 17 year old female anthro wolf who chooses to look like a male by bandaging her chest and forearms, and wearing a green tank top, gray pants and steel-toed shoes, also fingerless gloves and red tinted black rimmed goggles. She originates from a past like the protagonist in Amnesia; Daniel. She was betrayed by her brother for something as simple as a shining Red orb. There is a shadow following her, in fact it is the same shadow which once hunted Daniel. She can easily lose her sanity just like Daniel, in all the same ways. She is more Neko-like than a full anthro wolf, she has brown fur and hair, slim/fit body that is a tiny bit athletic. she has a tail and ears and claws and other things, but she does not have the muzzle part of a wolf, only the face of a human, but the nose of a wolf.

Offline Shadis

• Optimistic Owl
  • Wolf 7133 or Shadis, take your pick
    • Awards
  • Species: Umbral Wolf
  • Coloring: Black fur with dark purple runes on my body and face
  • Height: Six Feet, three Inches
  • Weight: 200 Ibs.
  • Build: Strong, but not muscular
  • Currently: I'm beautiful!!!!! :'D
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 03:58:54 AM »
This sounds rather interesting actually. Alright, Im game! Sucks that we can't fight back, but that makes it that much more fun!  >:3  I shall be as follows

Name: Korey/ Zack/ Jason

Race/Species: Black Anthro Wolf

Biography: He was diagnosed with extream multiple personality disorder when he was 16. His life was then filled with threapy, hypnosis, and strong medication. In the end, all the treatment only separated his personalites and made them more dangerous. He has three personalities, each with a different Karmatic stature.

Memories left: None

Character Description: A solid black anthro wolf with semi-baggy dark gray jeans and snug black rubber boots. He has a black T-shirt on with a dark Gray hoodie. On his finger is a silver colored metal class ring with a green gem.   

Personality: There is the main personality, Korey. he is a kind soul who distains from harmin gother sand would lie down his life for others. He cannot harm others. Then their is Zack. He never speaks and is compleatly neutral and only harms and acts violently to help himself when the situation demands it. He does not help others but will avoid hurting them as much as he possibly can. Lastly their is Jason. As his name would suggest, he is quiet evil. He would go far out of his way to harm others. He is extreamly violent and dangerious. He uses all of his strengths and wits to crush friend and foe alike.   

Disabilities: Each personality has Its strengths and weaknesses

Other: Korey/Zack/Jason cannot control when they switch between personalities. It is random and often at the worse possible times possible.

[/b]

Wolf 7133: Supernatural Division Leader

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • B3 l00k1n L1k3 D4ng H3'2 Fly
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon with feathered wings
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
  • Height: 5' 10''
  • Weight: 120lbs
  • Build: alletically built
  • Currently: Nursing a cracked spine and busted right hip
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 06:46:53 PM »
this does sound very interesting and really fun.. but i have too many rp's.. XD curse me and my many plays. XD
  • Signature art by: me
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline Crystal_Punisher

• Vibrating Furby
  • Keratheras
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 03:37:12 AM »
Alright, i think we should start it if all is okay with that. Though the only problem is, i have no clue how to go about doing it xD

Offline Shadis

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 09:45:22 PM »
Hmmmmmm, good question. How does this game of your start?

Offline Døvu

• Foxy Fox
  • kik: Dovuu
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: dark brown, tan, white, gold
  • Height: Anthro: 6'0 Feral: 4'6
  • Weight: Anthro: 145 Feral: 470
  • Currently: in need of attention
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 12:10:19 AM »
IMO just start ur character out where ever you want...i dont image our characters are gonna meet RIGHT away
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dovu/

Offline Crystal_Punisher

• Vibrating Furby
  • Keratheras
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 07:56:05 PM »
Yeah, i guess. alright, i'll make the RP tread.

Offline Leiton

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 04:47:11 PM »
Hmmmm... If it's alright with everyone here, I'll join :)
If you are going by the storyline of Amnesia (which, unfortunately, i know very well  :S ), then I'll pop up somewhere later. If I can join, I'll post up my info  ^_^

Offline Shadis

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 05:08:03 AM »
Sounds good to me! But I, unfortunatly, dont know the story, so if i butcher a story plot, sorry  X3
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 01:35:33 PM by Shadis »

Offline Xlifer

• Vibrating Furby
  • This is not by me
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 12:39:46 AM »
Name:Xlifer[/size]Age:21Race/Species:WolfGender:MaleBiography:Is young and was wondering the forest looking for help cuase I was lost then suddenly im knocked out coldMemories left:NoneCharacter Description:Young body black hair, blue eyes and is wearing modern day clothesPersonality:Is dark and cold on the outside but on the inside im a nicer person
Disabilities?:Color blindOther:None

The picture is not by me, I take no rights for it.