The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Board reorganization  (Read 4372 times)

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Board reorganization
« on: September 16, 2011, 05:31:19 PM »
Just giving notice that some of the less active boards on the forum have been combined into one section.

"Home of Horror", "Comedy", and "Story Ideas" have been combined with the main "Writing and Literature" board.

"Television" and "Anime/Cartoon" have been combined with the main "Video Media" board, which has been renamed to "TV and Video".

"Notable Furry Artists" has been combined into the main "Artistic Stuff" board.

No threads in the boards listed above were deleted - simply moved to the main boards.

The "Starving Artists" board has also been removed due to lack of activity.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 05:40:33 PM by WingedZephyr »

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: Board reorganization
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 08:38:45 PM »
I like this idea! It greatly reduces clutter and makes boards more alive :D
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 08:38:23 PM »
The Second Life and IMVU sections of the forum have been merged and condensed, cutting out at least half of the boards that were inactive and unnecessary.

Most of the threads in the old boards still exist and were just moved or merged together into other boards; some older threads (almost all from 3-4 years ago) were removed.

Art stream:

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 08:45:39 PM »
WZ=Win

Finally, I thought it was uneededly crowded down there.
x

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
  • Species: wolf/snow leopard
  • Coloring: light blue, white and black
  • Height: 7 foot 5 inches
  • Weight: thin
  • Build: medium light
  • Currently: eh
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 08:50:38 PM »
yes well..he staving artist board relied on people promoting OTHER people. and i think that may be part of the problem...they dont THINK to post there

i think perhaps we could actualy CONVERT the starving artist into a artist of depseration thread...where the artists themselves can post there situation...say they need to get X amount of money by such and such time..and they wish to promote there art more heavily because of there dire situation. that way people can know if an artist is in more need than usual.

like say that i had a month to get together $100..i could post my situation there and my goal and offer to people my services for a slightly discounted price to encourage more customers

id say THIS type of thread would get far more posts

<-------this ish me :3  

Shadow hide you..

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 08:58:06 PM »
yes well..he staving artist board relied on people promoting OTHER people. and i think that may be part of the problem...they dont THINK to post there

i think perhaps we could actualy CONVERT the starving artist into a artist of depseration thread...where the artists themselves can post there situation...say they need to get X amount of money by such and such time..and they wish to promote there art more heavily because of there dire situation. that way people can know if an artist is in more need than usual.

like say that i had a month to get together $100..i could post my situation there and my goal and offer to people my services for a slightly discounted price to encourage more customers

id say THIS type of thread would get far more posts

Yeah, but the reason for forcing it to be people promoting other people instead of themselves was to avoid people abusing it and to set it apart from the regular Arty Stuff for Sale board. And not only was it not very active, but it was difficult to keep track of the threads there, as it had a much shorter time restriction placed on it than other boards. If we took away the time restriction and the rule about only posting other people, it would basically just be a pointless duplication of the regular commissions board.

Emergency commissions can still be posted in the regular board, and people will still be able to see them just as easily.

Art stream:

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 06:05:25 PM »
The Meet-ups and Conventions board has been reorganized to make it easier to find things.

A sub-board was created for it to sort out the location threads for people outside the US, and the main Meet-ups board will now be used only for posting events/conventions. That way old event threads can easily be locked when they're old or no longer of use.

Art stream:

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 05:47:44 PM »
The forum as a whole is going to be rearranged tomorrow morning/afternoon EST. The forum will remain online during the time, but if you happen to catch things moving around, it's nothing to worry about.

I, as well as the rest of the staff, believe the end result of the reorganization will make a lot more sense than the current one, but those of you who are used to the current board list may (or may not) need some time to get used to it. The same content will be there; the boards are just getting moved around. If a few of the boards do undergo some changes, it will be nothing drastic.

I'll detail any changes once they are complete.

Art stream:

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 06:31:17 PM »
Done with the reorganizing.

The forum changes have been as follows:

- All of the directly forum-related boards (Announcements, Meet the Staff, Support) have been moved to their own group at the top of the forum for easy access.

- Forum Games has been moved to be a child board of General, instead of Fun RP. (Likewise for the Adult Area.)

- Meet-ups and Conventions has been given its own group. The boards that were previously listed as child boards under it have been made into main boards instead.

- The two main board groups "Furry Central" and "Pawprint Topics" have been renamed to "Furry Chat" and "Creative Arts and Media." The boards within them have been swapped around to better fit within those group topics.

Board renamings:
- "Ask a Mod" -> "Questions"
- "Meet and Greet" -> "Introduce Yourself"
- "Friends of Furries" -> "Therian and Otherkin"
- "US States" -> "Furries in the US"
- "Countries outside the US" -> "Furries outside the US"

Boards removed due to lack of activity:
- Links
- Matters of Mysticism
- Sports
- (Adult Area) Links

(All threads within the removed boards have been moved into General, if they were needed.)

Art stream: