The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Just another rant by Sij.  (Read 269 times)

Offline Sij

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Probably the coolest fox ever.
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur
  • Height: 5 Feet 11 Inches
  • Weight: 155 pounds
  • Build: In very good physical shape, lots of muscle, but it's lean and not bulky at all.
  • Currently: Glad to be back in the US of A. :)
Just another rant by Sij.
« on: August 28, 2011, 05:20:16 PM »
                     For the simple reason that I want you guys to really understand whats going on, I'm gonna give you the rundown of the whole story. About half a year ago, (or so) my mother forced my sister to live in Oklahoma with my father. The reasons for this was because she was getting into drugs and alcohol, sex, all that stuff associated with that kind of stuff. She was 13 when she first came home on Xanax and alcohol. The next few years would be absolute torture and hell for the family. I always had to watch my back when I was walking around because of the kids she hung out with. My mom had the constant fear of my sister being seriously hurt. My sister wasn't in a gang or anything, just always hung with a bunch of druggies. When she turned 14, during that half year that she was still here in Missouri with us, she almost overdosed on Xanax and alcohol twice. We had a period of peace for about 1 or 2 months or so where she didn't do anything. And then she came home trashed on Xanax and alcohol again. We found out she was hanging out with those kids again. And we couldn't take it anymore, so we sent her to Oklahoma to live with my father, where she proceeded to get in trouble for about 1 month or so. And then she stopped doing bad things. Her grades were good again, she wasn't hanging out with bad kids. She basically grew up a bit. She stopped being so dramatic and all that. So we allowed her to come back to Missouri to live with us, so she could start her first year of high school in Missouri with all of her friends and everything. She's only been here for about a month, and everything was going so great. She was doing good in school. Having fun, being a teenager, hanging out with good kids. Me and her got along really well. And she gained my mothers trust back, so my mom wanted to have a break from work and all the normal stressful things, (work, bills, money and all that) so she went to the lake with my stepfather, they were gonna be there for about a week. And my sister was gonna have her friend Cassie with her for a couple days, which is fine cause I liked Cassie. Well, last night after work, (I got off at 12:30 at night) My two brothers (not by blood, but I love these guys with all my heart, known them for at least 7 or 8 years. We've been friends that long) Told me she was hanging out with those kids again. (minus the specific ones that are the worst, but still) And she was drinking alcohol. What upsets me the most about all this, is that she broke my moms trust for nothing. If she really wanted to drink, she seriously could have asked us, (Me and my friends) and we would have at least let her drink while we were hanging out at one of their houses. I was forced to tell mom what happened. And now because I'm known as a (snitch) I've gotta start watching my back again. The most stressful part is the fact that I can't just live in peace now. Once again I'm forced to be paranoid when I'm walking places. I'll have to carry a knife with me again. All that noise. Hopefully this will blow over before anything physical happens. But as far as my sister goes. I'm going to talk to her, but i don't know if that will do any good. I'll just have to wait and see.

Sorry for the wall of text. And I really truly appreciate anybody who actually reads the whole thing. If any of you have any advice it would be greatly appreciated as well.

But that's my rant for the day. :P I feel better now.
Die the same way you were born, screaming and bathed in blood.
Who and what are simple questions, but why, will always make people cower. - My friend Eamon
The ones going into battle expecting the worst, are also prepared for the worst. - Me
Is the glass half empty or half full? If empty, you can still drink out of a half empty cup. - Me
Don't be stupid. - Me

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline ArcticSkyWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • ArticSkyWolf is here to be awesome!
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue almost everywhere
  • Build: strong and awesome
  • Currently: Gaming some gamez
Re: Just another rant by Sij.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 05:05:51 PM »
read the wall of text  ^_^

anyways, I'm guessing when she came back to your place, all of her old friends still do the same thing and influenced her to drink alcohol. And you shouldn't feel bad because you told on your sister, hell you're her bro, your suppose to do the right thing. I hope you continue your journey in your life, hoping that you wouldn't be so paranoid.

Offline Sij

• Boisterous Bear
  • Build: In very good physical shape, lots of muscle, but it's lean and not bulky at all.
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 08:01:01 PM »
Not really PARANOID, but just cautious, which is actually really stressful, considering my only transportation to work or my Kung Fu classes is walking sometimes.
Who and what are simple questions, but why, will always make people cower. - My friend Eamon
The ones going into battle expecting the worst, are also prepared for the worst. - Me
Is the glass half empty or half full? If empty, you can still drink out of a half empty cup. - Me
Don't be stupid. - Me

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 08:12:58 PM »
I read this as well, and I'm sorry you have to put up with that.

This is almost to the point of being a disorder. She's easily influenced by her peers, it seems, and she also seems to want this pestilence inside her system. Have you contacted an counselor of any kind? That would probably be the best way to break this; and to determine if she has an addiction or something. I detest seeing youth waste themselves away like this... The consequences of usage like this are far too severe to be ignored, and her use of it now is very dangerous to her body in more ways than I can count.

The best advice I can give is to have your mother contact a professional about this.

Offline Sij

• Boisterous Bear
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 08:26:27 PM »
To be honest. I'm not sure if we COULD get her into counseling. We are B.R.O.K.E. broke right now. And also my mom is gone at the lake until friday. So I still have to babysit in a way until friday.

And thank you guys for taking the time to read. I really appreciate it.
Don't be stupid. - Me