The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: why even try ?  (Read 396 times)

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf dog
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 5.11 ft
  • Weight: 165 pounds
  • Build: medium
  • Currently: beeing playfull
why even try ?
« on: August 17, 2011, 07:54:02 PM »
Ive been trying for 3 year to find a job so i can get some sort of income, no one is hiring no matter where i go. The only answer i get is where not hiring. It gets depressing, I don't even know why i even bother printing my resume. I want to work, I want an income but what ever i try it allways fails. Iam done collage in one year, but why should i even bother trying for a Carrier after ? when there answer is going to be where not hiring like even one else.

The main resion i want to work is so i can get my fursuit ( even though my parents wont like it), so i can see some of my friends who don't live in my city. Even go more place with them and do more. But that's only a dream.... a dream that will never come true because all i hear when i go to find a job is those three words over and over again.  where not hiring. You think living in a major city like mine there would be work but there isn't any thing close by, the only place and this was a few months a go that was higher was a wallmart in the other end of my city. but that's two hours a way by public transit.

Then my parents even go on about how iam not trying hard enough to find one, i tyred at 15 diffrent place this month, nothing. how hard do they want me to look go to 5 diffrent city's ? that's what they are making it seem like

So i keep asking my self why do i even try to find a job. ? I hate this, its so hard to find any sort of income.
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 50 Topic Starter
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
  • Species: wolf/snow leopard
  • Coloring: light blue, white and black
  • Height: 7 foot 5 inches
  • Weight: thin
  • Build: medium light
  • Currently: eh
Re: why even try ?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 08:12:47 PM »
its key to keep at it..ALSO..dont take no for an answer.
ask for the manager, not ask an employee..insist to hand the resume to the hiring manager PERSONALY not just  the person that says "oh ill give it to him, he isnt here right now or is busy"
if the manager isnt there..ask when he WILL be. even if they arent hiring that second...be forward. you never know when somone may get fired or quit.
he WILL remember your exuberance and you will have a better chance
<3

<-------this ish me :3  

Shadow hide you..

Offline .: ♥ Kiniia ♥ :.

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • yes yes i would like a coffee pls.
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur and blonde hair with very light cyan
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slight and weak
  • Currently: thingken of goign fast... ;~;
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 08:24:56 PM »
^ this, this so much. Also The presentation of your résumé is important too, present it nicely and get someone to proof-read it so there are no mistakes. Make sure it catches the eye too :3

I hope you will remember me, At least say so to comfort me, You say goodbye so easily, Its now or never, It may seem really pitiful, But life became too beautiful, The pain of love unbearable, It's now or never, Gone Forever.

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 08:37:14 PM »
if they say they'll call you, you call them instead and keep asking if the job is still available. Letting them know you are interested in that job goes a long way.

Offline josh_down

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Herbivorous Lion
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 09:27:20 PM »
if they say they'll call you, you call them instead and keep asking if the job is still available. Letting them know you are interested in that job goes a long way.

this is a very big part of it. when i was looking for work experience this drove me -CRAZY- that they said "we'll call you in a couple of days and tell you if any places are available" when they really mean "this is a test to see if you know that we're lying when we say this." once you leave collage you'll find it much easier. for one you'll be able to work plenty more hours, and two you'll have some qualifications. people will actually want you to work for them. plus, depending on where you live, you'll be able to apply for benefits which support you while you're out of work, and have access to people and places who'll help you find yourself some decent work.

one thing i'd recommend. do some charity work in a shop. you'll gain some experience in having a job (cause you'll be taking responsibility for your hours), and then you'll also gain experience in shop-work. now -that's- valuable. plus it gives you something to get up for in the morning, so you'll be happier.

keep sticking at it my friend. i'm sure if you sent your cv/resume to a good friend they'd be more than happy to read it through and offer advice. i wish you luck
The further on I go, all the less i know.
I can't find...
only us, breathing;
only us, sleeping;
only us, dreaming;
only us

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 03:50:01 AM »
Thanks, I fond one place that is looking for more people. kunals popcorn.....Iam going to call them tomreow or the day after, hopefully they remember me.
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code

Offline josh_down

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 10:39:51 AM »
let us know how it goes man. we're all rooting for you
I can't find...
only us, breathing;
only us, sleeping;
only us, dreaming;
only us

Offline ArcticSkyWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • ArticSkyWolf is here to be awesome!
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue almost everywhere
  • Build: strong and awesome
  • Currently: Gaming some gamez
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 03:52:04 PM »
you should show dedication and wanting to work there when at your interview, meh, wither way, I know how you feel. I've followed my friend around Toronto finding a job :P

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 02:46:37 AM »
well so far no luck. still trying.
shadow hide you   

[/size]

^ furry code

Offline josh_down

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 09:15:31 AM »
well so far no luck. still trying.

you'll get there matey
I can't find...
only us, breathing;
only us, sleeping;
only us, dreaming;
only us

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 03:13:04 PM »
Thanks, ill try some where else soon.
shadow hide you   

[/size]

^ furry code