The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Yay! My podcast has finally begun!  (Read 1314 times)

Offline Cheeky Stoat

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • The Cheekiest
    • Awards
  • Species: Stoat
  • Coloring: Natural to the seasons
  • Height: 29cm long
  • Weight: 190 grams
  • Build: Slinky
Yay! My podcast has finally begun!
« on: August 20, 2011, 08:40:06 AM »

I searched and asked around for a bit and this was the only place I could think to put this  So I apologize if it's in the wrong place.

So, a friend of mine and I were talking about getting a radio thing set up.  He wanted to do a talk show but I wanted to do music.  He's still kind of thinking about the idea but I've been wanting to do this forever.

My podcast doesn't have much to do with anything that's important aside from new music that I'm hoping to spread around.  I hope you take a listen and if you like it and want to follow me check me out on <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/STOAT/101066676664708?v=wall">Facebook</a>!

Without any further delays here's my first podcast ever: <a href="http://www.zshare.net/audio/93899065943c911b/">STOAT Episode 1: Test (Electronic)</a>.

Thanks for listening and if you have any feedback or future suggestions, just leave a comment and I'll do my best.  (As for the microphone, I'm getting a new one next week.)
It's cool, just ignore what you see above this signature.  I didn't just spend time constructing a valid argument for you to consider (at least, that's what you can tell yourself).

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
Re: Yay! My podcast has finally begun!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 09:59:09 PM »
you have a really cute voice ^_^
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline Cheeky Stoat

• Avid Aardvark
  • The Cheekiest
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 10:32:39 PM »
>.<'  *Blushes.*  Thanks.  ^^'
It's cool, just ignore what you see above this signature.  I didn't just spend time constructing a valid argument for you to consider (at least, that's what you can tell yourself).

Offline MiltoniusPrime

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Bat/snake hybrid.
  • Coloring: Mostly skin, occasionally tan fur.
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: 155 lbs.
  • Build: Thin but athletic.
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 01:18:18 AM »
Have yet to listen to it, any chance of a track list?

Offline Cheeky Stoat

• Avid Aardvark
  • The Cheekiest
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 02:26:11 AM »
Sure.  I forgot that since this forum can't support whatever program my recording software uses you guys can't see it.  ^^'

The Knife - You Make me Like Charity
Pendulum - Slam
Zeromancer - Flagellation
Apoptygma Berzerk - Electricity
VNV Nation - Chrome

Offline MiltoniusPrime

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 07:13:55 AM »
Nice selection.  I've been a fan of The Knife for a while, Pendulum are decent, and I like that VNV track.  I'd love to host some kind of music podcast if I was able too.  Any chance he's looking for other DJs?

Offline Cheeky Stoat

• Avid Aardvark
  • The Cheekiest
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 08:01:46 AM »
Oh, this is me.  Not sure about my friend though and having a second DJ would be ridiculously complicated unless we had a script.  ^^'  And this one segment took eight hours to put together and record, the recording along was just over four hours, I guess I don't have faith that a second person would be willing to sit through all that bull for so long.  I didn't finish until five in the morning.

If you want to help in the background, that I could certainly use but again, I don't really expect that either.  ^^'

Offline MiltoniusPrime

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 08:58:41 AM »
The only way I'd see myself being involved in something like that would be the song selection/actual speaking portion of the podcast.  I want to be the guy getting my musical interests out there, because I really care that much about it.  I've been meaning to figure out the process on my own, the live recording aspect, but that's the only thing I'd see myself having problems with.  Definitely have the passion and music collection for it (as well as a pretty decent announcer/host voice, from what I've been told).

(Just to clarify, I was referring to a separate show, not a co-hosting kind of deal.  Though I'd imagine doing so over Skype wouldn't be too tricky.  I know enough musicians/podcasters who use it.)

Offline Cheeky Stoat

• Avid Aardvark
  • The Cheekiest
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 07:08:48 PM »
Ah, yeah...problem with the music, as I'm discovering, is that I need permission to use it in the podcast.  So for my next podcast won't be until Monday the 29th (hopefully) as I'll need time to hear back from people so I'll have to start stalking last.fm and myspace because I doubt most other bands would be cool with me playing their music.  But I'll probably ask anyways.

If you do end up setting up your own show take a look through the internet, there're articles on the laws and stuff of your country (most likely).