The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Torchwood  (Read 2615 times)

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
Torchwood
« on: August 19, 2011, 06:42:44 AM »
As a Russel T Davies fan I've started watching Torchwood in anticipation for the new episode of Doctor Who next week (even though that one is written by Stephen Moffat XD). I'm only on episode 8 but I'm really enjoying it! Anybody else a Torchwood....ian?
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Torchwood
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 02:05:50 PM »
I watch it, and though I'm not the biggest fan of Russel T., I do enjoy it sometimes. It's pretty good and I am certainly interested in what the whole conspiracy boils down to. (Though I haven't seen the latest episode.)
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 05:08:56 PM »
Right now I'm wondering what will happen between Owen and Gwen.. No spoilers! D:

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 06:35:54 PM »
wait you mean you started watching torchwood entirely from the beginning? as in series 1?
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 06:50:51 PM »
Yes sir I did

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 09:24:38 PM »
Well trust me when I say, it gets better. Series 2 is arguably the best of the Russel T. serieses, but personally the series 3 miniseries whatever thing, is just mindbogglingly awesome. Really absolutely blows the rest out of the water.

But that's just me :P

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 01:07:57 AM »
I'm actually really enjoying Series 1 even if there are a few episodes I haven't been too fond of. Namely the fairy episode and the Countrycide episode >.>

Offline Philly Tanuki

• The Pantsless Raccoon
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • Avid Chipmunks Fan
    • Awards
  • Species: Tanuki
  • Coloring: Primary color: Cream, slightly tannish; Secondary color: Chocolate brown
  • Currently: Pinkie Keen!
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 01:42:21 AM »
I started Series one but haven't finished it, but I'm currently watching Torchwood: Miracle Day every week when it come on.

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 01:42:47 AM »
I started Series one but haven't finished it, but I'm currently watching Torchwood: Miracle Day every week when it come on.
miracle day any good?

Offline Philly Tanuki

• The Pantsless Raccoon
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • Avid Chipmunks Fan
    • Awards
  • Species: Tanuki
  • Coloring: Primary color: Cream, slightly tannish; Secondary color: Chocolate brown
  • Currently: Pinkie Keen!
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 02:00:00 AM »
Miracle Day is great!  I love it!  However there are a few mature scenes I won't go into detail about.

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 02:01:12 AM »
ooh I've heard about those o.O

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a cat that purrs/meows/licks/sniffs etc
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • my little ol youtube account
    • Awards
  • Species: maggcat
  • Coloring: black with a white chin and chest
  • Build: rather skinny but cute looking
  • Currently: doing college stuff college people do
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 05:40:53 AM »
Miracle Day is great!  I love it!  However there are a few mature scenes I won't go into detail about.
damn right there philly its still good though moving it to america was a change of tone for sure but its still epic either way

here's the trailer

Torchwood: Miracle Day - Official Trailer
this is the signature of maggintons patented under the law within his imagination :3

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 01:08:03 PM »
how good miracle day is depends on how much you like, or at least can tolerate Russel T. Davies. All his telltale problems are bigger than ever, but his strengths are there too. So I guess it's good for Russel fans

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 09:02:12 PM »
I've always liked Russel's writing a lot and I don't try to look for mistakes, I just sit back and enjoy the ride :3