The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How to make more time?  (Read 324 times)

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
How to make more time?
« on: August 23, 2011, 09:36:10 PM »
Okay, I'm carrying this over from the Random Thread. My parents make me turn out my light at nine even though I am eighteen years old. They claim I need the sleep, which is true, but it also leaves me no time for anything.

I get up at about 4:30 in the morning.

I go to school then ride the bus, don't get home until about 4:00.

Then I have to do homework until dinner, which ends at the latest, about 7. Then I have to finish homework. If I'm lucky, I MIGHT have at the most an hour of free time.

Then, from 7-9, I request from my parents that I speak to my boyfriend. I speak to him every night for this long. We have a long distance relationship.

Then my parents make me go to bed whether or not I want to. And I understand their reasons. I need sleep, heck, I'm tired, getting up at 4:30 to catch the bus at 6 makes you tired.

But that leaves me no time for art, no time for writing, and no free time. It SUCKS. What can I do? I have no time!

Furthermore, I feel that since I'm 18, my parents can't force me to go to bed at nine like they do. At the least they could extend it to 10. I've talked with them but they refuse to change it.
x

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
Re: How to make more time?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 09:42:03 PM »
One solution would be to get an apartment thats closer to school so you dont have to wake up as early, it could also cut down on time getting there and time to take for dinner, as you could make ramen and eat it as you do homework and such. Problem is that you need money to do that :c

Since you live with your parents, they get to make the rules im afraid so if they want a 9:00 bedtime, I don't think theres much way to get around it.

All work is not good for you though, as it can really stress you out. I'd suggest on the weekends to do whatever you want to relax and blow off some steam.

Offline josh_down

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Herbivorous Lion
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 11:48:37 PM »
unfortunately i agree with ^ ... make as much of the weekends as you can, and try to make yourself some time at school for some good times. i'm british so i don't really know how american schooling works (assuming you're american).

don't worry. once you're out of school life will ease up a little, especially seeing as you won't have to get up at 4am for a bus.

your parents are right... you do need the sleep cause you're a teenager.

if i may add a counter-spin to this. i have far too much free-time in my life, so much so that i just take it for granted and waste it. then when i genuinely do have to go to work i realise afterward that... "oh... that was my day... ... oh... it's 10pm". cherish your free time just like i don't. it sounds like you're already doing that though.
The further on I go, all the less i know.
I can't find...
only us, breathing;
only us, sleeping;
only us, dreaming;
only us

Offline ArcticSkyWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • ArticSkyWolf is here to be awesome!
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue almost everywhere
  • Build: strong and awesome
  • Currently: Gaming some gamez
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 08:06:17 PM »
do you actually sleep at 9? You probably end up really sleeping at 10...?

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 03:40:39 AM »
No, I sleep at nine or maybe 9 thirty except on weekends.

And thanks. Weekends are where it's at I guess. Maybe I can finally appreciate them.
x