The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Advice: My Furry Hubby  (Read 266 times)

Offline Seesha

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Housecat
  • Coloring: White
  • Build: Fluffy
Advice: My Furry Hubby
« on: August 14, 2011, 05:32:56 PM »
So last month, I happily married the man who is my mate for life.  I'm really happy.  There's only one thing that bothers me a bit, and I don't know how to talk to him about it without him getting angry.

Before I met Fox, he had been involved in his local furry community, and even had a serious relationship with a wolf.  When I met him, he had moved out of his home state, and was no longer active in that community.  When we moved back to his home state (Indiana), he introduced me to some of the local furries, and we even went to a barbeque where I had a great time.  Now that I'm finding he and I are more alike than I originally thought with us both being furries, he doesn't approve of me being one.  He has looked straight at me and told me I wasn't a furry even though his pet name for me is Kitten (doesn't help that I both meow and purr).

Fox is the most important person in my life, but I am really excited to explore my new-found furry side.  How do I both without hurting him or myself?

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
Re: Advice: My Furry Hubby
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 05:35:48 PM »
Well first off congratulations with the marriage. :)

What was his reason to claim that you aren't a furry? He must have a reason to think so. Is it that he thinks you're not taking it seriously enough maybe?

Offline Boone Zofox

• A Custom Title
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Avi from Kaprika
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Black Fox
  • Coloring: Grayish black
  • Height: 6 ft
  • Weight: 150 lbs
  • Build: Athletic
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sarcastic . . .
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 10:23:02 PM »
I may be speaking way out of place here, but sometimes it's just the shock of marriage that is making him see things differently. Stress has some very serious effects on people. Maybe you just need to sit down and talk, and see if there is anything that is wrong, or that he is having trouble going through. Marriage is a beautiful thing and shouldn't be ruined by small things.

Offline ArcticSkyWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • ArticSkyWolf is here to be awesome!
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue almost everywhere
  • Build: strong and awesome
  • Currently: Gaming some gamez
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 11:54:35 PM »
sit down, talk , ask him why you cant be a furry, at least around the community in Indiana