The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Trying to decide what to do...  (Read 381 times)

Offline Kittie

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a daydreamer making dreams real
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pegasus
  • Coloring: Silver dapple also known as Chocolate
  • Height: 14hh or 4 feet 8 inches
  • Weight: It's rude to ask a lady how much she weighs LOL
  • Build: Pony like, a little stocky
  • Reference: [link]
Trying to decide what to do...
« on: June 28, 2011, 04:24:34 PM »
Well here we go again...just as soon as I get relaxed and settled it turns out my family may have to move again! So here's the deal so far, I'm in college right now so it hasn't been that big of a deal until now. I currently live with my mom and my brother in a two bedroom house basically in the middle of nowhere :p The problem is that as soon as I move home for good I'm going to have to move all my stuff (that has been living in a storage unit in the other state where my college is) here. That's not going to work with such a small space (I share my mom's bedroom) So my mom has been talking to her landlord about building on another bedroom, which would be great but now it looks like that's not going to happen because of money issues. I graduate in December but mom doesn't want to move until July of next year basically because she doesn't want to move my brother mid-year. Which means what for my whole life?? Note: I have nothing down here in my mom's house because I was still in college when we moved so all my stuff was still up near my college. Plus I live out of a suitcase when I am home. So I guess what I'm trying to figure out is a) what do I do with my things? I'm going to have to U-haul them somewhere but where? b) I have considered just trying to find a job and get a small apartment on my own but I've been looking for a job down in NC for almost two months and have yet to get hired...or I could try and find a job up in Ky where the college is and just stay up there but my mom wants me to move home :? I guess I'd just like a little advice...I've never lived on my own before and I'm scared that if it doesn't work I'm going to be stuck, esp in this economy. 
  • Avatar by: Art by Greyflower on DA, me and Blossom on EV
The one, the only... chocolate colored Pegasus!

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
Re: Trying to decide what to do...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 04:56:56 PM »
living on your own is scary at first, I wont lie, but it can be fun if you let it be. Having a job and supporting yourself is a great way to experience the world as alot of other people do. That said, finding a job that can pay you enough for rent, food, utilities and anything else you want/need would be difficult without a roomate. You could try to find a job near your college, but where would you stay in the mean while? is there a friend you could stay with or would it be the motel 6? Personally I would try to get a part time job where you are now, like burger king or jc pennys or something, and start saving money so you can get an apartment later and not have to worry about your stuff. For now, Id stay with your mom.

Offline Kittie

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a daydreamer making dreams real
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pegasus
  • Coloring: Silver dapple also known as Chocolate
  • Height: 14hh or 4 feet 8 inches
  • Weight: It's rude to ask a lady how much she weighs LOL
  • Build: Pony like, a little stocky
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Trying to decide what to do...
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 03:33:49 AM »
I am talking to my mom about it...to be honest I really don't want to leave the only family I have but I do want to start exploring my options as an adult. I am going to a support group to help people find jobs and keep them so I'm hoping that I qualify for assistance. I'm going to try and get some volunteer hours in my preferred field so maybe I have a better chance of getting a job. I guess the fear of graduating and having to leave my friends has me a bit shook up cause I don't have any friends down where my mom has moved and it's not easy to get to know people if you don't know how to get into the neighbourhood... I guess I really just need to take this a day at a time. 
  • Avatar by: Art by Greyflower on DA, me and Blossom on EV
The one, the only... chocolate colored Pegasus!