The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Got a quick question  (Read 404 times)

Offline Zaspher

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Dog/Deer hybrid (an akita with antlers)
  • Coloring: Navy Blue & white. Brown and purple eyes.
  • Height: 6''2"
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: large and floofy
Got a quick question
« on: June 19, 2011, 02:35:59 AM »
Well my parents are finally doing it they're getting a divorce :/ . I'm just not sure if I should stay with Dad or go to Boston with Mom.

If I stay with Dad I can keep my friends. Also if I leave Dad won't let me take my giuitars (I have six). He kinda likes to drink and hates people whom are not straight and can be a Bigot at times.

If I go with my Mom I'll have to live in a city which really scares me. I've never been to a city before :/ . There's some gang activity here but I hear it's much worse in cities. Mom is super nice though.

I just don't know.

Does anyone know or have an idea of what I should do?

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
Re: Got a quick question
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 02:38:50 AM »
It's a tough one only you can answer fully, but with this, I'd pick your mother.

Simply because a city can be nice and exciting if you're not used to it, you'll make new friends easily and you'll have a good place to call home. You can't choose your home but you can choose your friends. So it's important to be happy with it.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 03:56:55 AM »
Well I guess it all comes down to who you like more. I'd probably go with your mom to Boston. Cities are really awesome, as well, I don't know if you want to hang around a lot with your dad but it sounds like you don't find his presence too pleasant :/ but still, these are really things you can answer yourself.

We have quite a bit of gang activity here in Toronto but it's something you grow to get used to. I've only been in Boston for all of a good 4 hours xD it seemed nice and so were the people there. I've been in some SCARY places in VERY BAD situations, dude, and Boston isn't a scary place. You'll probably love it, new friends, experiences, and oppertunities. But hey, it's your call...and bring your guitars anyway.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 03:59:20 AM by Spike V. »

Offline Sawyer

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Ringtail cat
  • Coloring: Brown with a lighter face, black and white striped tail
  • Build: Average
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 08:30:44 PM »
From what you've described, I'd say go with your Mom and the new experience rather than staying with your dad for comfort--if only because the way you describe him makes him seem like an unpleasant person.

Offline Zaspher

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 11:01:40 PM »
Well I decided to go with Mom... Does anyone have tips on city life? I've never even had a neihbor before. :/

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 12:03:49 AM »
You don't really have to do anything special in a city. I'm not sure how rural or suburban your Dad's house is, but the biggest difference about living in a city is the general size of living space. Depending on where you live, you can lose a lot of yard space - which can suck because you have less space to be outside, but can also be nice if you don't want to have to take care of the yard. Neighbors can be nice or bothersome; just depends on the kind of people you get stuck with. It's good to chat with them and make friends though. They can be convenient for watching over your house if you go away on vacation, if you get to know them well enough. The nicest thing about cities is most things you need are pretty close by. Most stores you'll ever need to go to are often within a 10-20 minute drive, or maybe even close enough to walk.

I really wouldn't worry about the violence too much. Just use some common sense and play it safe and you should be fine. You know... try not to go out by yourself in the middle of the night. :P Keep your door locked, stay aware of your surroundings, and don't go looking for trouble.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 12:15:48 AM »
In all, it's not as dramatic as Hollywood might make it seem on the sliver screen. :3

Offline Zaspher

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 01:49:25 AM »
Well I'm gonna miss my beautiful yard and my garden that's for sure :/ . I'll try it, I might not neccesarily like it, but it's better than living with my Dad ^_^ .

I just need sometime to think about it.

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 02:34:41 AM »
How will your father feel about this? The reason I'm asking is that if he doesn't hold any grudges, you could always visit sometimes to enjoy the peace and quiet and hang with your old buds.

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • OVER 9000 HOURS IN PAINT.NET
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: polar bear
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 6'8"
  • Weight: 220lbs
  • Build: muscular, chubby
  • Currently: Grammar Nazi
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 02:40:24 AM »
yeah, it's important to keep good relations with your family.

Offline Zaspher

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 08:56:42 AM »
I'm sure that can be aranged. I have my liscence but no car. Once I get one that would be awfully convienent (Don't need to beg Mom to take me everywhere). Me and my uncle Moose are kinda working on a Hot Rod but we haven't touched it in a good month or two. It really needs some work.

I hope Dad doesn't hold a grudge. I couldn't live with myself if anyone I loved hated me. I should probably talk to him before the move once he cools down. He's not per say in the best mood for a talk right now.

I saw the house today it seems pretty big and it has an okay sized yard for the area. Hopefully I can keep most of my pets I'll really miss them if so :/ .

Offline ^Geist^

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 02:32:53 PM »
Well I decided to go with Mom... Does anyone have tips on city life? I've never even had a neihbor before. :/

Lol neighbors.
Call me antisocial but i've never really interacted with em too much other than the occasional hello.
Regardless of who you pick though it would for sure be a good idea to stay in contact with eachother.
City life is kinda different depending on how far out you where. I used to live in a town and it wasn't really that big of a difference other than a. Theres more people b. Its a larger area. I didnt have too much trouble making friends but i noticed towns are kinda more tight knit than a city and people don't approach you as often. That's just my two cents though.

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf dog
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 5.11 ft
  • Weight: 165 pounds
  • Build: medium
  • Currently: beeing playfull
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 03:54:21 AM »
hey Zaspher, just like spike i live in Toronto as well , with gangs if you look for them you will find them and if you dont look for them you wont find them, dont draw attention to them and you will be fine there. as for city life depends on where you live you will find people who are friendly and people who are not. ive lived in my city all my life most people keep to them self here, and usealy dont bother you. most of the tips i would be giving you would be the same as WZ's  

as for your farther he might be mad for a bit, most likely  you will get your gattares , if not right a way then maybe when your fished moving to the city.

hope fully every thing works out for you.  :3 if you want another fur to talk to iam here as iam sure most if not all of tff is
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code