The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Super Mario RPG RP  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Hunter_Tier

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • The greatest lie ever told? Don't worry, I'm fine.
    • Awards
  • Species: Vulpa, anthro. alien fox creatures
  • Coloring: Grey Fox
  • Height: 5ft 9in
  • Weight: 155-160 lbs
  • Build: Athetlic Muscled
Super Mario RPG RP
« on: June 08, 2011, 12:52:14 PM »
If I were to make a dice baised RP along the lines of Super Mario RPG would you join?

The dice part would only go as far as if you kill it or not. Dice used would only be the 20 from this site that a good friend of mine was kind enough to show me was nice enough to show me. http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm With using the 20 sided dice if I've rolled a, let's say a 16 for a normal monster encounter, and you hit it with a pickaxe with an 18. You didn't wound it. You just sent it maggot farming. (You killed it!) But! If I rolled the same 16 and you only rolled a 5 you only suceeded in hurting it or tearing up a piece of armor. This part would fall to the individual player on describeing what they have done. So yes. I would like for people to be at least somewhat litterate and expound on things when they post. This isn't all me, it's your RP too.

A good RP is only as good as the people involved.

The RP will be turn baised where I will roll, seriously, for everyone and list thier placement in the lineup. There will even be a post deadline. Posting MUST take place within 96 hours! That's four whole days. Now I can understand when things happen, your computer crapps it's self, there is an emergency, it's ok. Just PM me, or post up in the OOC that you will not be available and we will conduct ourselvs in an adult manner and either wait on you, or continue on and let you cach up depending on the circumstances. If you cannot give me/us some form of warning or acknoledgement of absence we will continue on without you. In the event of a true spurt of the moment emergency and you find that we have carried on, just PM me explaining the absence and I will be more than happy to extend my condolences/congraduations, depending the circumstances and fill you in on what has happened so far allowing you to be able to pick right back up where we left off when it comes to your turn again.

Have you ever played Super Mario RPG?

It was put out by a partnership between Square and Nintendo back in... 92? Something like that. It was for the Super Nintendo game console system so it's been a while folks. The RP players will be able to choose from a list of abilities/equipment/background that coinside with the game only it will be YOUR character. Not a named character prefabericated by the game.

Sorry, no one can be Bowser or Mario, or any of the other like characters.

But you will be a character that YOU create, this means that you can choose some unnamed character from the game OR, my favorite, you can build your own! Have your own background. Your own weapons and equipment, game baised of course, we cant have someone running around with a friggin' nuke. Sorry.

But things like guns, would have you classed along with Geno. Swords, axes, knives, you know the drill, will be catigorizied to different areas. Certain weapons will be classed with different areas of the game and it will fall to you on how to intergrate that all in as different areas will create different backgrounds for players and will include unique perks/disadvantages.

All of this will be explained later on during the actual building of the RP but I want to see if anyone is intrested first. Depending on how well this goes will depend on my willingness to make the RP. Feel free to look up the game, unless you are like me and fondly remember the basic outline of the game and kick yourself daily for getting rid of it. I will not be posting up any links to research the game as I do not want to be responsable for leading someone to a bad site.

Leave your comments and I will check on this in a week and see what turns up. So if you see this and are intrested tell someone and have them post up yes or no before I get bored with seeing that no one had posted within a 7 day time and I trash this idea.
I am no hero, I am no knight in shining armor, and I am not your friend. I am a monster, and I will only wind up hurting you in the end.

There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy. -Dante