The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fast 5  (Read 1316 times)

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
Fast 5
« on: May 24, 2011, 04:20:03 AM »
Anyone gone and seen it? I work a movie theater and we got to see a screening before it came out a little while back. I thought the movie was cool but at the same time, it was VERY poorly collaborated IMO.

Like how:
Spoiler for Hidden:
- They defy the laws of physics and survive a 300 ft. fall off a cliff and act like it was nothing
- "We need a couple cop cars." OK hop the fence into a police compound, steal two cars like they already had the keys and drive out of the gate like they owned the place LET ALONE without drawing any attention of the hundreds of cops surrounding the area...hell, why not walk through the front door?
- Where the hell did the replacement vault come from?
- Saying "We had a life before you knew us" is not an acceptable explaination to explain the impossible
- THERE WAS NO REAL RACING
- The enitre movie was an advertisement for Under Armour

^ All of those things pissed me off.

This movie is a lot like Ocean's 11 for the rage-filled teenager. This film has tonnes of action and explosions and fights (especially between Vin Diesel and The Rock OMFG that was epic) but if you're someone who asks too many questions of "how is this possible?" or "why would someone do something like that?" then you will probably won't appreciate this movie because this film only raises more questions than it answers.

Did any of you guys see this? What do you think?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 04:25:52 AM by Spike V. »

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Winged Siberian Tiger
  • Coloring: White fur with black stripes, sapphire blue eyes, black wings
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 185 lbs.
  • Build: Tall with lean muscles.
Re: Fast 5
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 05:35:24 AM »
As a big fan of F&F 1 and 4, I'm very excited to see Fast Five, and my suspension of disbelief goes pretty far. I don't like questioning the physics of movies very much, as it feels like I'm robbing myself of the enjoyment of the film.
"Avenged Drunkenfold, Disdrunked, and Drunken Force!" - Mike Wengren, drummer for Disturbed.

Offline ArcticSkyWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • ArticSkyWolf is here to be awesome!
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue almost everywhere
  • Build: strong and awesome
  • Currently: Gaming some gamez
Re: Fast 5
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 12:40:40 AM »
Oceans Eleven meets Fast and Furious....

Yeah, it was pretty awesome but there were some messed up events like the non-existant physics.

Either way, it was enjoyable.