The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Tattoo advice  (Read 687 times)

Offline Zamiel

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Zamiel of IMVU
    • Awards
  • Species: Least Weasel
  • Coloring: The upper parts of the fur are dark tawny. The underside, including the lower jaw & inner sides of the arms & legs are white. There's Stoat blood in him ;)
  • Build: Lean, althletic & very, very flexible.
Re: Tattoo advice
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 08:07:00 PM »
I used to get somethin' similar mate, it cleared up after a while. I wouldn't worry too much, but I would see a tattooist just for advice & peace  of mind ;) When it 'appened to me I went to the doc & he fobbed me off sayin' the tat was causin' infection & it'd be a good idea in the long run to get it removed  :o I went to a different tattooist (for unbiased advise) & told 'im what the doc said & he said that he hears that alot ;)
I Love Humanity... It's People I Don't Like.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 10:55:06 PM »
Honestly, so far, this Curel seems to be working just fine. The bumps seemed to have gone down, though, they aren't entirely gone yet.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2011, 05:26:34 PM »
I talked to the tattoo artist, and I'm posting this mainly because Kaprika said she had the same problems. He told me to use Vitamin E oil, or something that moisturizes and helps the skin. So, me using Curel was going in the right direction. He said that sometimes you may bump something or do something in general that will irritate your skin on the tattoo (it could be anything from a scratch that's not visible to just rubbing it wrong on something) and the bumps are just your skin reacting. He said it some cases the skin may be allergic (but he said he noticed it's been in mostly purpley or maroon colors) to the colors, but in my case (I have blue, he said he's yet to see someone be allergic to blue) it's probably just irritated. So yeah. Thanks all who commented and such.

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2011, 05:28:20 PM »
Glad to hear it. Hope it disappears soon.

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf dog
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 5.11 ft
  • Weight: 165 pounds
  • Build: medium
  • Currently: beeing playfull
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 03:11:55 PM »
just giveing you some advice it sound like an infection or something like that. most likely its nothing to worry about but if it gets worse i would see a doctorer.
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 03:46:51 PM »
If it was an infection, it would be swollen (and painful), which, according to the descriptions, it is not.

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf dog
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 5.11 ft
  • Weight: 165 pounds
  • Build: medium
  • Currently: beeing playfull
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2011, 03:48:32 PM »
true but i dont have any tattoos  0:)
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code