The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Your computer  (Read 95708 times)

Offline SuperShermanTanker

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Currently tinkering with a PC or playing video games
Re: Your computer
« Reply #270 on: January 18, 2017, 12:18:44 AM »
I just got a new AIO water cooling unit for my PC today along with a new 3 TB hard drive

[attachment deleted by admin]
Current PC Builds:
Mini PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/8w7WGX
BIG PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/xQGG3C
Premade Partlists (Feel free to use these to help with a PC build):
$520 USD Overclockable, may need bios update: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/SuperM4Tanker/saved/72B3FT
$520 Non overclockable, pre updated bios: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/SuperM4Tanker/saved/NpFkTW

Offline Fuexline

• half fox half cyborg
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • this text is personal
    • Foxxio
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: foxy brownish, and white
  • Height: 1,77
  • Weight: ERR
  • Build: normal
  • Currently: creating a Game
« Reply #271 on: January 19, 2017, 06:55:59 PM »
well came back from my shopping tripp

August 2017 an epic Platformer will be released: Foxfire -Legend of the Firefox for PC, PS VITA, and PS4

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #272 on: May 06, 2017, 07:18:42 PM »
Been a while and lots have happened!

Here's a basic rundown:
  • Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Custom painted white)
  • Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk1
  • Intel Core i7-4790K
  • Nvidia GTX1070
  • Custom watercooling loop
  • 16 GB of DDR3 RAM
  • 2 SSD's, 512 GB + 128 GB
  • 4 TB HDD

Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
« Reply #273 on: May 07, 2017, 04:23:08 AM »
isnt she a beouty? thats one of my many webservers i have this here is only for my website development stuff and some customer sites which need special previleges it has 8*3 Ghz 24GB ECC Ram DDR 4 and a 500GB SSD + HDD

as you can see there is no hard load, if you know how to setup such a thing good everything will work fine and dont use much ressources and even the anti DDOS method is unique and  :)

And all of a sudden my server feels like a midget with a Core 2 Duo e7400 2.4ghz dual core 4gb of ram and a 250gb hdd and yes the RAM and CPU is almost maxed but the system is running 2 minecraft servers 1 Vinilla 1 modded (the modpack is Skyfactory 3 and that modpack uses over 2.5gigs of ram alone) and the CPU is maxed from Folding@Home which basicly is a program that lends extra CPU power for doing research on protiens and is set to a low priority so it doesn't affect the 2 game servers when they need CPU power

i can make both your servers feel tiny hows a

Xeon 24 core 1.5TB yes terrabytes of ecc ram and about 100TB hdd storage sound? oh and for timmy heres the motherboard that can hold the 1.5tb ram https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Motherboards/Server-&-Workstation/56640-X10DRI-LN4plus 24 DDR4 slots

nothing much changed for my pc apart from a new ram stick and a gtx960 4gb from asus
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #274 on: May 07, 2017, 01:27:35 PM »
oh and for timmy heres the motherboard that can hold the 1.5tb ram https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Motherboards/Server-&-Workstation/56640-X10DRI-LN4plus 24 DDR4 slots
Lol server motherboards ... tbh uh;
1. Green motherboards are ugly XD
2. They are great when you need the specific usage they offer but for mere games and everyday use it's quite overkill. Even 8GB is quite plenty for most people.
Proud to be a furry!

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
« Reply #275 on: May 09, 2017, 10:09:10 AM »
oh and for timmy heres the motherboard that can hold the 1.5tb ram https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Motherboards/Server-&-Workstation/56640-X10DRI-LN4plus 24 DDR4 slots
Lol server motherboards ... tbh uh;
1. Green motherboards are ugly XD
2. They are great when you need the specific usage they offer but for mere games and everyday use it's quite overkill. Even 8GB is quite plenty for most people.

you havent played 7 days to die then and set off a chain of TNT it lags even a 16GB system

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #276 on: May 09, 2017, 01:23:30 PM »
you havent played 7 days to die then and set off a chain of TNT it lags even a 16GB system
I haven't but I've done the same in a minecraft server just fine with like several thousands of TNT going off simultaneously.

Also, have you actually monitored the memory usage? Since explosions tend to use a lot of physics calculations it's more likely to be a CPU thing than RAM; So unless your RAM is at 100% usage (all of those 16GB being in use) and the CPU is NOT at 100% usage, there won't be no difference whatsoever to adding more.

Another (hopefully obvious) thing; Is the game 32 or 64 bit? Because any game that's made for 32bit can't even use more than 4GB of RAM anyway.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 01:28:00 PM by Timmy Fox »
Proud to be a furry!

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
« Reply #277 on: May 17, 2017, 08:29:09 AM »
I haven't but I've done the same in a minecraft server just fine with like several thousands of TNT going off simultaneously.

Also, have you actually monitored the memory usage? Since explosions tend to use a lot of physics calculations it's more likely to be a CPU thing than RAM; So unless your RAM is at 100% usage (all of those 16GB being in use) and the CPU is NOT at 100% usage, there won't be no difference whatsoever to adding more.

Another (hopefully obvious) thing; Is the game 32 or 64 bit? Because any game that's made for 32bit can't even use more than 4GB of RAM anyway.

i cant find where on earth i put the screen shots in game but

its running 64 bit and runs off my gpu

also thats a minecraft server not a local machine doing the work remember server hosts for minecraft normaly run 10+ core xeons and tons of ram anyways

OT: new laptop
Intel i5 6200u

nvidia gtx 940 2gb
8 gb ram (maybe putting 16 in)
1tb harddrive

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #278 on: May 17, 2017, 08:40:46 AM »

also thats a minecraft server not a local machine doing the work remember server hosts for minecraft normaly run 10+ core xeons and tons of ram anyways

Intel i5 6200u

nvidia gtx 940 2gb
1tb harddrive
I'm talking a Minecraft server I ran on my own PC, the same PC I used to also play the game on. This had an i7 and a rather old GPU.

And uh, if you're playing with thise specs; That's a mobile (low power) CPU with 2 cores and a low-end mobile GPU. No wonder it would lag because it's clearly not enough CPU power to keep up with those levels of physics.

More RAM won't make it faster...
Proud to be a furry!

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
« Reply #279 on: May 17, 2017, 08:51:53 AM »

Intel i5 6200u

nvidia gtx 940 2gb
1tb harddrive
I'm talking a Minecraft server I ran on my own PC, the same PC I used to also play the game on. This had an i7 and a rather old GPU.

And uh, if you're playing with thise specs; That's a mobile (low power) CPU with 2 cores and a low-end mobile GPU. No wonder it would lag because it's clearly not enough CPU power to keep up with those levels of physics.

More RAM won't make it faster...

windows 10 laptop havent even logged steam in

Offline Codo der Dritte

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Green, white and dark blue/black(ish)
  • Weight: *tries to leave*
  • Build: Quite slim and a little muscular
  • Currently: On holiday
« Reply #280 on: August 04, 2017, 06:26:26 AM »
My computer on the floor of my room, had some issues with it. Kept on bluescreening when starting up, even in safe mode.  :S  I'm getting a laptop now, need it for school too.

Laptop: http://www3.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/ideapad/500-series/Lenovo-IdeaPad-520-15IKB/p/88IP5000868
Im hungry, do you have something I can nibble on?

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
« Reply #281 on: September 10, 2017, 06:32:00 PM »

Intel i5 6200u

nvidia gtx 940 2gb
1tb harddrive

so i got around to playing some games on it including minecraft and its decent 60 FPS (with a forge mod setting) payday 2 runs fairly well ive not played it much since desktop and transitioning back to a laptop is quite hard

Offline SuperShermanTanker

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Currently: Currently tinkering with a PC or playing video games
« Reply #282 on: March 12, 2018, 05:44:16 AM »

Most of the builds I have on PC Part Picker as a completed build that I update whenever any changes are made those you can find in these links:
BIG PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/xQGG3C (Needs to be updated I have a 144hz 1080p monitor now and a GTX 1070ti) (attached is some updated pictures)
Mini PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/8w7WGX (Needs to be updated this one has the AMD RX 480 8gb that used to be in the BIG PC now)

I do have Portable PC build that isn't on PC Part Picker and has a i5 7600k, 16gb of RAM, two 120gb SSDs, 1tb HDD, and the GTX 1060 6gb I had in the Mini PC, a picture of that PC is attached too

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 05:50:51 AM by SuperShermanTanker »
Current PC Builds:
Mini PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/8w7WGX
BIG PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/xQGG3C
Premade Partlists (Feel free to use these to help with a PC build):
$520 USD Overclockable, may need bios update: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/SuperM4Tanker/saved/72B3FT
$520 Non overclockable, pre updated bios: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/SuperM4Tanker/saved/NpFkTW

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #283 on: March 12, 2018, 09:16:37 AM »
That looks like a nice build (In that thin case)

I still pick Intel and Nvidia, but that's only because it works better for what I need it for.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #284 on: March 13, 2018, 12:33:38 PM »
I finally upgraded my over summer and Christmas.
Got rid of my 980GTX's and replaced them with EVGA 1080GTX's (kept the SLI bridge)
And got a Z370 MOBO with an i7-8700K rather than my old i7-975EE.
My 64GB of DDR3 1800 was replaced with 16GB of DDR4 3000.
Swapped out my 128 GB Kingston SSD with the Samsung V-NAND 850 EVO 1TB.
I still have my 1TB SSD/7200 hybrid, but I've added a WD-RED 4TB and a Seagate 2TB 7200 HDD since then.
Also swapped out my old Antec 902 tower with a Rosewill Midnight Edition. (Couldn't stand not having USB 3.0 on the front, and it was 80% at the time)