The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: General Advice - My First Birthday Party?  (Read 432 times)

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
General Advice - My First Birthday Party?
« on: April 26, 2011, 06:53:10 PM »
Okay, so I've never had a birthday party with friends before, it's always been with the family alone. I'm turning 18, so I admit never throwing a birthday party to be pretty sad.  :'( :$ :'(

Today I made invitations and passed them out to a small group of friends whom I knew well enough to invite. I hope that one or more of them RSVP with pick up information or come on their own.

My question is, what do you do at a birthday party with friends? How do you entertain them? What if they get bored cause you have nothing to do!!!? What are things I CAN do to entertain them at my house with a modest budget??? I just don't want my friends to come to a snooze fest and complain that my party was boring. I mean, as lame as it is, I have no idea what to do with friends I have over.... :'( The major problem is that I'm shy and not very funny, so using myself to entertain is questionable at best.
x

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Re: General Advice - My First Birthday Party?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 09:02:47 PM »
Depends on what your interests are.

I'm very inexperienced with birthday parties as well, but wanted to have one this year. I invited my three closest friends, and we just hung out and played video games all day, and went out to eat for dinner. Was a good time, and didn't need to be that elaborate or anything.

Watching movies (at home or at a theater), playing board/card games, browsing YouTube or something together, going out for a walk, going shopping, going out to eat, sharing stories... There are several things you could do to pass the time and have fun.

Also, having snacks and drinks ready for everyone to munch on is good. :)

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 09:17:28 PM »
Haha alright. I actually requested on the invitations that they bring things like  board games or video games/consoles if they wanted since I don't have much of my own. Of course I feel terrible cause the hostess is supposed to supply games, not say bring your own, but I have no money or time to get some myself.

Is a GameCube considered lame? I have plenty of controllers for my Cube, and Sonic and Mario Party and Melee but I don't want to look lame for bringing it out when they have fancy PS3s and stuff.

The fam is actually throwing me a barbeque, so food will be provided all day and they are free to dig into the icebox.  :* X3 :*
x

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 09:19:11 PM »
Dance parties, always fun, as long as your music selection doesn't suck >w<. As Zeph said, movies and games, for games I would say something like ddr becuase people can still have fun, just watching, unlike with others. Monopoly, you'll have hours of entertainment, until the 2am crash were everyone is like "is it over yet D:<"

And smash is hours of fun to :P
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 09:23:07 PM »
I WISH I had DDR.  ._. .....But yeah, I remember parties at their place with board games that were fun just because we were doing them together. XD I remember insane Truth or Dare sessions, walking to the school dance, walking for the heck of it, Apples to Apples. Actually now I think of it, anything is fun with friends, so long as they don't expect me to do the talking!

And YESH Smash is the bomb.
x

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 09:32:06 PM »
Gamecube is great, especially if you have those kind of multiplayer games. I actually played Melee at my party too, and it was loads of fun. :P

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Zaspher

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Dog/Deer hybrid (an akita with antlers)
  • Coloring: Navy Blue & white. Brown and purple eyes.
  • Height: 6''2"
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: large and floofy
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 09:53:31 PM »
Well it depends what type of friends do you have? Try doing something your not really allowed to do but not something too extreme. Things like prank calls, ding dong ditching and stuff like that usually gets the fun going for me. At home I play some loud music and play something like Twister, Truth or Dare, Spin the bottle party stuff like that. Try getting some soda and some food that you like.

Me I've never really had a birthday party. But I have hosted posted parties before. You don't have to do things your not supposed to just don't be afraid to stretch a few limits a bit.

My Idea of a perfect party is taking me and my friends down to the moshpit down the street. But I'm guessing your not like that

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 10:28:40 PM »
I live on a dirt road out in the boondocks. Taking people places no worky and the lake is too cold for swimming. But yeah we tend to 'push the limits' when playing games....I remember getting a cold sore from a guy cause I was dared to kiss him in TorD. XD But it was also lame cause I was the only one who went for the dares everyone else little chicken and always go 'I'm not doing that' XD
x

Offline Zaspher

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
  • Species: Dog/Deer hybrid (an akita with antlers)
  • Coloring: Navy Blue & white. Brown and purple eyes.
  • Height: 6''2"
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: large and floofy
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 10:39:03 PM »
Yeah my friends here are the best. One time they dared me to put a hot Iron on my well... backside. I still have the mark. I can tell you a lot about them but that would be getting off topic.
            Ever thought of manhunt or a scavengar hunt. That seems to work. Maybe a campfire with smores and little weiners.

Offline HyperKat

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Lop-eared Rabbit
  • Coloring: Cream with tawny spots
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 01:49:07 PM »
With my friends..as long as we have food drink...sometimes something to watch on TV we pretty much entertain ourselves...

Our current fave has to be I Have Never which can be played with soft drinks...if you haven't heard of it then look it up cuz it's pretty fun...it's like TorD without the dares I guess x3
http://advice.abanix.com/ - Talk to us anonymously about any problems you have or simply any questions you have regarding issues not spoken of (E.g. Depression, sexuality, etc) and PASS IT ON! =D

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 01:53:55 PM »
We like to play something similar, 'never have I ever,' but it's a bit different than TorD.
x