The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Deja vu?  (Read 4854 times)

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
Deja vu?
« on: April 03, 2011, 10:07:42 PM »
(Yes, I know there should be some accents on it, but I couldn't be bothered, so don't post just to correct me!)

Back in November 2009, I made a post thanking everyone for various things, it feels like only yesterday I made that post and with nearly a year and a half has actually passed in that time, time which has just flown by.

Due to this and various other reasons I will detail below I've decided to make a similar post now.

Firstly, I wish to extend thanks to all those donating to the forums to help foot the bills that I single-handedly pay. Thanks extend to:

White Wolf Guardian, WingedZephyr, Gothy, Alexei Cheetah, ublerl33t, Xegras, KittensTemptations, Dessum Ryugen, TheLeadProgrammer, Macid0031, Tatter, AsiaBunny, albercroc, Haxor, Smitty the Pirate, marix27, Harley (Squeak), Puncia and blutailedferret

All of whom have donated at some period during the time donations have been requested, additional thanks extend to a few members who wish to remain Anonymous.

Every donation goes towards the monthly costs of the next month allowing my own pocket to recover. Some donations have gone towards improving the forums and a payment to the Japanese Tsunami Fund was recently made.

A noted increase of donations has been noticed and we extend thanks for this, the Donator perks appear to be well received so please, feel free to suggest other small perks we can offer, although we will not introduce anything large that the other members unable to donate would lose out upon.

A few months ago an advert was added to the top right of the forum, this has been making a low and unpredictable revenue but will remain as it causes no real dedregation to the forums and may continue to bring in a small amount of income.

A lot of changes have occurred around the forums over the past year from server upgrades to DoS attacks, from mass-spamming attempts to staff changes. Some good and some bad but ultimately affect the forum for the better (generally).

Over the coming months other changes will be made and I have some plans in my head, further information will be made available at a later time. Please suggest your own suggestions as always!

Some of the older members here may also be aware that this year (in July!) will be the 5 year birthday of the forums, we hope to be able to throw some kind of celebration and the staff will be in discussion regarding this. Any input on this from members is also, of course, appreciated.

To think that in only a few months the forums will be 5 is astounding, projects usually die within a year, two at the most but it goes to show what a large and powerful community we have here and I hope to see another 5 years yet!

So, once again, thank you to everyone who makes the forums what they are, everything is do is much appreciated.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: Deja vu?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 10:10:52 PM »
Yay! Thanks for keeping up the forum Tweak, I love this place :D *Hugs*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 11:07:11 PM »
And of course, we appreciate you, Tweak. :)
The baby is now ready to enter kindergarten! I'm so proud. :3 (Seriously, I'm proud that this site has lasted this long.)

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 11:21:05 PM »
We've lasted this long, let's keep going! :P

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • To the moon
  • Species: Cheetah Fox!
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 66 kg
  • Build: Relatively Lean
  • Currently: Collecting the pieces of my life and putting them back together.
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 01:43:18 AM »
Wow, five years, eh?

That's pretty incredible, heres to many more years!
  • Signature art by: The Black Keys

I must admit
I can't explain
Any of these thoughts racing
Through my brain

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 02:09:35 PM »
Pop the ginger ale, bring on the cheese doodles and let's party!

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • OVER 9000 HOURS IN PAINT.NET
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: polar bear
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 6'8"
  • Weight: 220lbs
  • Build: muscular, chubby
  • Currently: Grammar Nazi
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 07:48:27 PM »
cool. at the time of this exact post, I was thinking about the 4th eragon book. guess what the advert I see is?

Offline Kyriin

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 09:35:47 AM »
Thanks heaps Tweak for keeping the forums running for so long, I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't found here last year ^_^ I'm so glad I joined these forums almost a year ago, and again, thanks for doing such an awesome job! I really do wish I could donate and when the chance pops up I'll be sure to jump at it. I really never want to see TFF go down!
Oh- I also can't forget Zeph and the other staff as well, who as well do a great job keeping the place in shape :3
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 09:39:32 AM by Jasper Redfyre »