The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Source Code  (Read 1281 times)

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Winged Siberian Tiger
  • Coloring: White fur with black stripes, sapphire blue eyes, black wings
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 185 lbs.
  • Build: Tall with lean muscles.
Source Code
« on: April 03, 2011, 01:14:51 AM »
I just got back from seeing it at the theater. Holy cow. I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in brain bending thrillers, movies that question the nature of reality, or anyone who enjoys a film with a strong human element to it.

I can't talk much about the movie itself without spoiling it as the movie's major twist happens about half way through the film. Suffice to say that if you've seen the trailer, you already know everything I can tell you about the film's plot. Despite a somewhat vague explanation of the science behind the titular "Source Code" and a lack of development for a couple of the characters, I would still have to give this movie a solid 8.5/10. The real strength of this movie is it's human element. Jake Gyllenhall plays his role perfectly, and his character is one who is both easy to root for and easy to empathize with. He's a good man thrust into a massively confusing situation, and you feel for him as he tries to make sense of it all while also trying to accomplish his mission.

The ending also has to be one of the most satisfying endings for a film that I've ever seen. Again, I can't explain or say more without spoiling something.

In the end: See the movie, it's really something special. :)
"Avenged Drunkenfold, Disdrunked, and Drunken Force!" - Mike Wengren, drummer for Disturbed.