The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: xxxx O_O WAT?  (Read 1649 times)

Offline SplitPersonality

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Tips of ears , bottom of tail, Tummy, nose, and back of legs, are brown. All Else is white. His eyes are blue.
  • Build: avarage
xxxx O_O WAT?
« on: April 02, 2011, 02:33:33 AM »
Well, when i go to type sometimes my computer will insert the letter x or ill click to put a password or username in and it will insert this"

'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.............'
like just a tone of x's and I have no idea why!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 03:50:34 AM by WingedZephyr, Reason: Thread titles cannot be in all caps »

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: XXX O_O WAT?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 02:40:33 AM »
Certain setups with a password will use characters to prevent others from catching by the "over-the-shoulder" method. If no matter what keys you type in give you all "x"s, then that is such of a setup.

Offline SplitPersonality

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Tips of ears , bottom of tail, Tummy, nose, and back of legs, are brown. All Else is white. His eyes are blue.
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 02:46:14 AM »
nooo, I mean,  the computer will type the letter x at random points like when i post, or im on msn or writing and email or something. and all the sites i use, use the dots.  But its so wierd

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 03:26:09 AM »
Have you cleaned the keyboard recently?

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 03:31:42 AM »
Im with Vosur that its a keybaord issue. Had it for long?

Offline SplitPersonality

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
Re: xxxx O_O WAT?
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 05:14:13 AM »
I've had the laptop for maybe......10 months? I''m scared to clean the keyboard because what if the little plastic thing breaks or it like, decides not to go back on, its so confusing >.<

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 05:17:50 AM »
Look for a keyboard vacuum or canned air to spray between the crevices. If you use the canned-air, try to make sure you have the room well-ventilated.

Offline SplitPersonality

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 05:21:21 AM »
Will do