The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Stupid lazy people.  (Read 296 times)

Offline Craxis

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Siberian Tiger
  • Height: 6" 8"
  • Weight: 280
  • Build: Muscular
Stupid lazy people.
« on: April 02, 2011, 01:44:08 AM »
We got a new worm hand this last hitch, and he is the laziest POS Ive ever met in my life. Won't spend more than five minutes at a time on the steamer cleaning. Never comes down to the mud house to help me out (that is part of the worm's job), when we are trippin out, he won't wipe the pipe. (trippin out = pulling the pipe out of the hole, and racking it back in the fingers. Wiping the pipe is just that. Ya take a long rubber hose and wipe the mud off it). And refuses to make the tongs bite.

For those ya that don't know what Im talking about. Or why its bad for him to do the stuff he does. If the pipe is covered in mud, then me as the derrick hand, has a difficult time keeping hold of the rope that I throw around the pipe before I unlatch the elevators. If I can't hold onto the rope than ninety feet of 20 pound per foot drill pile falls against the derrick, and the pin end comes off the rig floor and shoots out the v door. Possibly hitting someone on the way. Drill pipe is flexible, kinda springs when it falls. So ya can imagine what would happen to someone or something in the way of that eighteen hundred pound hunk of iron while its on its way out.

Not making em bite? That is just an inconvenience. It makes the chain hand work harder to get the joints made up. They are already working hard enough down on that floor. They don't need anything making it more difficult.

Had a talk with him in the dog house before we ended the hitch. Apparently we have to talk to people now a days instead of telling em. Hopefully it works or Im going to be forced to stop being considerate. Considerate in my terms is taking a soda bottle to urinate in while Im on the monkey board instead of letting it fall on the rig floor. 

Offline Carina

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: jaguar
  • Coloring: albino
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 150
  • Build: voluptuous
Re: Stupid lazy people.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 01:39:18 PM »
At least you didn't invite this one to a meeting at the cattle guard gate.