The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I'm starting a Dragon suit  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Azure-Flame

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Light Blue skin, Dark Blue wing membrane, Black hair, purple eyes
  • Height: 7 feet when standing
  • Weight: About 200 pounds incuding wings
  • Build: slim female humanlike frame with dragon features including wings, claws, etc.
I'm starting a Dragon suit
« on: March 16, 2011, 12:50:50 AM »
Hi everyone! I'm super psyched cuz I'm starting my dragon fursuit!! There's more regular stretch fabric than fur involved because its a dragon, not a mammal. But it's gonna be awesome!!! Oh, found a GREAT You-Tube tutorial for making dragon wings!! They can be opened and closed based on boy posture! The wings are the hard part, so I'm starting on those first. Here's a link to the video in case anyone else wants to try to make a pair:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62jhoXa4ckI

So anyway, I have a question for advice on this. My fursona doesnt have a dragon jaw, just dragon features on the face like slits for a nose. And she has long black hair as if a mammal. So I'm trying to figure out whether to do a head or a mask. And if I do make a mask, the logistics of making it kinda escape me and I dont wanna buy fabric for it unless I REALLY know what I'm doing for it. Any advice?
*Azure Flame*, the Blue Fire-Storm of Great Winds

Offline armagre

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I R Armagare!
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: normal fox colors really at the moment
  • Height: 5' 5"
  • Weight: 125 bls
Re: I'm starting a Dragon suit
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 04:19:44 AM »
i would just make a plastic mold and build it from there, you can paint it to make the scales shiny
i saw one like that a while back *wish i had a picture*
if you want to know how t o makes things, try going here http://community.livejournal.com/fursuit