The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: trust in the fursuit  (Read 3371 times)

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
  • Species: wolf/snow leopard
  • Coloring: light blue, white and black
  • Height: 7 foot 5 inches
  • Weight: thin
  • Build: medium light
  • Currently: eh
trust in the fursuit
« on: March 07, 2011, 06:57:56 PM »
i noticed something the other day while watching youtube vids of public furs going around malls, parks, festivals and such in fursuit.
and EVERY time there is at LEAST one scene where a set of parents are walking by with there kids, and they have absolutely no problem with letting there three year old run into the arms of this suited stranger.
i myself wonder upon this..yes, fursuiters are tottaly harmless; were people too. but the idea that perfectly well adjusted and responsible parents loose there sense of "safety" for there children when confronted with the steadfast friendly face of a costumed person!

they have no idea who is under that mask, man woman young adult or GROWN adult. its rather unsettling that just a frieldy looking costume is all one needs to have kids diving into your arms, and it doesnt matter if there parents are there either; cause they are tottaly ok with you touching there child now that you look fun. they let em hug, pat, pick up and play with there kids. i mean, if they took off the costime and tried to play with there kids cops would be all OVER there asses.
has anyone else noticed this??

lets discuss, cause it really makes one wonder.

<-------this ish me :3  

Shadow hide you..

Offline iKero-chu™

• Ferrachulicious
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Chu~ :'3
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Hot Dumpster (Ferret/Pikachu/Corgi)
  • Build: Thicc
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: god left me unfinished
Re: trust in the fursuit
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 07:01:22 PM »
Well, I see it as the same concept as of when you go to Disney and kids hug and take pictures with the characters.
Its like that really and I presume since the fursuiter is in the public that the parents feel perfectly content with it.
I mean, god forbid everything goes wrong, nobody is gonna let some guy in a animal costume run off and sexually harrass a child.
(/\       /\)
(`o・ ω ・o´)
Chuuu~
Comission Info
Furcode

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 07:29:09 PM »
but ya know...they COULD.
i mean, NOBODY could identify them being in full costume. if they wanted to they could do just that, and thats whats alarming to me.

a payed worker at a amusment park that is on a employee list and payroll is one thing, but a TOTAL stranger in a random place is another.

Shadow hide you..

Offline Rhett (Twister)

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Thank you Kaprika! :3
  • Species: Twister: Domestic Cat, Rhett: Unicorn!
  • Coloring: Twister: Pink with green eyes, Rhett: Purple with rainbow colored hair.
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 118 lbs.
  • Build: Effeminate
  • Currently: Supercalifragalisticexpiallahdocious
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 11:25:22 PM »
I think that they may think that the person in the fursuit is THERE for the kid's entertainment. But idk, I'm not a parent :/

Offline mulchardude

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Fox
  • Coloring: Silvery Grey, Burnt Orange, Mottled Black, Dirty Cream
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 123lbs.
  • Build: short and scrawny
  • Currently: Coding Drawing Browsing Working Sleeping
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 01:07:13 AM »
Honestly it would really suck if somebody used a fursuit for such horrible behavior...

People are paranoid enough already, so many harmless fun endevours have been ruined by suspicion due to the real threat out there.

We need some sort of culture shock.  When somebody shouts "HEY!  PICKPOCKET!", *everybody* should tackle the guy running away.

I know there are places like that.  We've become so complacent.

Not to turn this into a rant or off-topic.  I think so far, fursuiters have been safe, so people haven't developed a fear of them.  Like I said, I hope it stays that way!

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 01:20:39 AM »
Well, I see it as the same concept as of when you go to Disney and kids hug and take pictures with the characters.
Its like that really and I presume since the fursuiter is in the public that the parents feel perfectly content with it.
I mean, god forbid everything goes wrong, nobody is gonna let some guy in a animal costume run off and sexually harrass a child.

The thing about theme park costumers though, is all those people are given background checks and have their thumbprints and records on file should anything happen. Fursuiters don't have that kind of security.

Kaprika's concern is valid, though personally I think it's nice not to be too paranoid about things sometimes and just enjoy being social with other human beings. As long as it's in a public place and the parent is watching their child as they interact, I don't think it's too big of a deal.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 02:19:46 AM »
Honestly it would really suck if somebody used a fursuit for such horrible behavior...

People are paranoid enough already, so many harmless fun endevours have been ruined by suspicion due to the real threat out there.

We need some sort of culture shock.  When somebody shouts "HEY!  PICKPOCKET!", *everybody* should tackle the guy running away.

I know there are places like that.  We've become so complacent.

Not to turn this into a rant or off-topic.  I think so far, fursuiters have been safe, so people haven't developed a fear of them.  Like I said, I hope it stays that way!

yeah, and you know how quick society is to generalize ONE incedent.

say a pedophile is caught and they find out he is a homosexual..then people are gonna go around saying "all gay people want to molest our sons!"
people are already uneducated about our society as a whole. a its often a single bad fruit corrupt the whle basket. all it takes is one incident to make a nationwide scare

THATS something to worry about

Shadow hide you..

Offline armagre

• Boisterous Bear
  • I R Armagare!
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: normal fox colors really at the moment
  • Height: 5' 5"
  • Weight: 125 bls
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 11:05:46 PM »
ok well
whats the point in spending hundreds of dollars on a suit, only to take or harass children and other people
not only that, the fur community will, im sure, when they see that guy who did that sort of thing. Will pound them into th ground whenever they saw him,(not just us but the parents too!) just for ruining the fun of fursuiting.

all in all, its not worth it. Anyone who spends money on a suit, just wants to show it off and be them selfs. 9 times out of ten they love kids.

in the end i think its a trust thing, you trust that the guy under the mask isnt a pervert or some kid snatcher. That they are only there for fun, a hug

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 11:08:54 PM »
well i dont mean buy a suit TO do that

its just i heard a story that some serial rapist was caught, and they found all sortsa furry stuff and a fursuit in his house...ANY kinda person could be a freak, not necisarrily buy one TO be a freak.

Shadow hide you..

Offline Drago Strega

• Boisterous Bear
  • Hear me and my mighty ROAR!
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Clear/Silverish-white
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 06:06:09 PM »
I get the concern for safety reasons, being a caustious natured type that I am... but I believe that if your kid wants to take a picture with the strange person in a animal costume, all you can do is politely ask the person and keep an eye on them to make sure they don't get too friendly with your kid. And parents should be with their children regardless, to keep an eye on the little troublemaking monkey's that they could be, cuz if you care about your child you should take responsibilty and be there to defend your child if need be, so to make sure they're safe. Most accidents happen to children cuz the parents looked away for a few seconds, and it happens sometimes, and there isn't much that could be done to help prevent it. But I wouldn't entirely blame the guy in the suit for the problem, cuz if a person is so desprite to need to dress up as a cute animal to feel up a child to get satisfaction, it's quite obvious that the person has no control over what they are doing, and parents need to watch their children regardless in such unknown circumstances, if they wish for their children not to preyed upon. It's the same way as in nature, as the lion stalks it's prey, it waits for the moment when the mother moves away from it's calf or the other way around, then it's gloves off. Just because people are around you doesn't mean you should let your guard down. And it's very unwise to expect people to behave themselves. If you leave people to deal with your responsibilties to make up for your lack of attention, you will lose control over the situation, leaving room for unknown bad things to happen. If you want something done right you have to take responsibility and do it yourself to the best of your abilities. But as a furry I hope that others who dress up, don't do such things, cuz it hurts the community and the people involved, and they should be respectful towards other people and take their own responsibilities to control their own behavior, or find somebody who can help them accomplish that.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 06:11:20 PM by Drago Strega »
I am that I am, even if only for a moment. And I will always try despite my flaws to summon what I can to become better than what I was.

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 06:15:45 PM »
exactly, cause we all know being grown up doesnt necissarily mean they will ACT grown up
>>
crazy basement dewllers and there lack of socialization..

Shadow hide you..

Offline Drago Strega

• Boisterous Bear
  • Hear me and my mighty ROAR!
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Clear/Silverish-white
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 01:25:25 AM »
  :S  The idea isn't pleasant to think about cuz people are just people, and will do what they will regardless of moral virtue. So it's always best to keep a sharp eye and ear open to the possibility that bad things can happen, so try to be prepared. Other than that everbody should have as much fun as possible. Even if that includes hugging and taking pictures with a strange disney evil cartoon nightmare fursuited furry there are worser things in life... though it's hard for me to think about cuz I'm still not ok with the image of this one baby blue dragon furry my friend at work took a picture of and showed me...I have nightmares about that picture...It looked like something derranged mutation from off pbs kids dragontales cartoon, except in a blinding baby blue fuzzy material, with gaint cartoon eyes on a huge bobblily head... I just don't see how that's cute and appealing... but that's ok whatever makes people happy, right?   o.O
 : burrows head into the ground under a rock:
 x_x Mow!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 01:30:51 AM by Drago Strega »
I am that I am, even if only for a moment. And I will always try despite my flaws to summon what I can to become better than what I was.

Offline KJOokami

• Avid Aardvark
  • | Lackadaisical Enthusiasm |
  • Species: Wolf-dragon hybrid
  • Coloring: Black and gray with various red markings
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 135 lbs
  • Build: Lanky, but with well-toned muscle
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 03:53:01 AM »
ok well
whats the point in spending hundreds of dollars on a suit, only to take or harass children and other people
not only that, the fur community will, im sure, when they see that guy who did that sort of thing. Will pound them into th ground whenever they saw him,(not just us but the parents too!) just for ruining the fun of fursuiting.

all in all, its not worth it. Anyone who spends money on a suit, just wants to show it off and be them selfs. 9 times out of ten they love kids.

Considering pedophiles already risk being incarcerated for years at a time, I can't imagine they'd be beyond spending (or even stealing) 1500 bucks in order to better indulge in their perverted fantasies.
~~~~~~~
It's an insanity thing; you wouldn't understand.
Avatar done by the wonderful KaprikaAZ! Thanks, Kat!