The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Prejudice and hyprocrisy  (Read 7839 times)

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
Prejudice and hyprocrisy
« on: March 06, 2011, 01:25:46 AM »
Hi all,

I generally like to post announcements which benefit you directly or show you something new that has been added, unfortunately this is a bit more or a rant.

It has come to my attention that lately a large number of threads and shouts have appeared which could be seen as "anti-human" - although any serious cases have been dealt with by our moderating staff complaints have been made about the behaviour of a few individuals.

You are ALL human, you are all of the species "homo sapiens" and as much as you may wish to be an animal, you cannot.

Complaining about being human or thinking it would be better to be an animal can be deemed as offensive to others who do not feel the same way, we are a community open to everybody whether they are Furry or Human; homosexual or heterosexual; black or white, we do not discriminate against any member here and as a community which as a whole is very relaxed, friendly and open it is hypocritical to bash others.

Such behaviour has to stop and it will be dealt with, we have no problem with threads that investigate or discuss therians, as said, we value everyone but continual bashing of others and your own species should not be happening, you may feel that being an animal would be better but others here may not share those views so badly as to wish they weren't human.

Please just be aware of any comments you make, they can be deemed offensive and with complaints the situation has to be dealt with.

Any questions, please ask.

Thank you.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
Re: Prejudice and hyprocrisy
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 01:44:10 AM »
i agree 100% with you Tweak, how can we be anti-human? it's the same as being anti-yourself. or a dog being anti-fur... the point is that we shouldn't be anti-human :/
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 10:35:21 PM »
Thanks for posting this.

Offline MarkosSinister

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • FNN - Furry Fandom 24/7/365
    • Furry News Network
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 05:25:51 AM »
@Tweak

It's nice to see someone step in and remind us that bashing any group is wrong.  I get dozens of notices a week where trolls are out on forums and mmorpgs bashing furries.  If we resort to bashing, we're no better than those who have been persecuting us.

I think there are times when people get too wrapped up in the fandom, and start taking 'furry' too seriously.  You are 100% correct.  No matter how we feel inside, we're still human, and we need to act as such toward our fellow humans.

Anyone interested can check out an article we wrote about trolling on the internet and furry rights here Petition for Furry Rights Circulating.  It was written based on trolls attacking us, but I think some parallels can be drawn.

Cheers and good work!

Markos

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 07:52:24 PM »
I know this may be a late reply, but thank you for posting this. Sometimes I get the feeling I'm the only person on this forum who realizes they're human.

Remember: If you bad mouth the human race, you're bad mouthing YOURSELF.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 12:32:22 AM »
Cleaned up the thread of the off-topic replies.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Domestic short haired cat
  • Coloring: snow white fur, slightly wavy white hair, emerald green eyes
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 125 Lb
  • Build: athletic, slender, agile
  • Currently: Attending college like a boss
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 06:48:12 AM »
thanks for posting !!!! I agree 100%

I am not making any more RP's. I may join one but right now, I have no patients to create RP's anymore.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 01:01:01 AM »
Cleaned up the thread of the off-topic replies.
Thanks for that. So much better.

Yeah, thanks a bunch for this, Tweak. I was getting quite tired of people putting down exactly what they are.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • OVER 9000 HOURS IN PAINT.NET
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: polar bear
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 6'8"
  • Weight: 220lbs
  • Build: muscular, chubby
  • Currently: Grammar Nazi
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 01:16:45 AM »
I must not be looking, but I haven't seen any of this.

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum.
  • To the moon
  • Species: Cheetah Fox!
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 66 kg
  • Build: Relatively Lean
  • Currently: Collecting the pieces of my life and putting them back together.
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 01:21:27 AM »
It was a little while ago, but thanks for clearing this up, Tweak, it really needed to stop.
  • Signature art by: The Black Keys

I must admit
I can't explain
Any of these thoughts racing
Through my brain

Offline Xywolf

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • po pi pooo
    • FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Husky/Racoon
  • Coloring: grey black and white
  • Height: 6ft
  • Build: scrawny
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 08:44:30 PM »
as a therian
this
"You are ALL human, you are all of the species "homo sapiens" and as much as you may wish to be an animal, you cannot."

is offensive.
by all means bashing is not right.
but you are also wrong.
3 is charming, 2 and lets get obscene

lets meet ambiguously,But But I lo lo Love you

Be Sure To Go Check My Art~[/center]

Offline .: ♥ Kiniia ♥ :.

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • yes yes i would like a coffee pls.
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur and blonde hair with very light cyan
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slight and weak
  • Currently: thingken of goign fast... ;~;
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 08:46:01 PM »
I might have gotten this wrong but are you saying that people are not allowed to say that they dislike being human? That they cant express their distaste sometimes at the human race? I myself have been disgusted at some of the things our species has done in the past, as I'm sure you all have. I mean fair enough if they start bashing other people solely because they are human, but silencing somebody who is just unhappy isn't right either.

You say it can be claimed that it's offensive to others. If they wish to complain that they themselves don't like being human for some reason, I don't see how that can be offensive at all. And after saying that people cannot complain, you go on to say that you are an open community. which seems to me to be very hypocritical in my opinion. I don't see how just complaining is harming anyone.

For example if I said, 'Oh, I hate being white, I wish I wasn't' I don't see how that's offensive to other white people. It's my opinion, it's my choice. I'm unhappy with who I am. and your saying stuff like that should be silenced?

To be honest I don't think that's a very wise move at all, and I'm surprised that nobody has pointed it out. This thread offends me more than anyone complaining about being human does.

Also
You are ALL human, you are all of the species "homo sapiens" and as much as you may wish to be an animal, you cannot.

I think that sentence right there could be deemed as offensive to therians and other people of such ilk. It may be the truth for some people. But others may not believe so, and I think that it was very insensitive to say such a thing, especially on the premise of being open and fair.

I can understand that you may have been a bit angry but I feel that in future you should think twice before posting something like this.

I do not mean to rant, but I thought you should know that this may be viewed as offensive to some members of the community.

I hope you will remember me, At least say so to comfort me, You say goodbye so easily, Its now or never, It may seem really pitiful, But life became too beautiful, The pain of love unbearable, It's now or never, Gone Forever.

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 08:56:57 PM »
For example if I said, 'Oh, I hate being white, I wish I wasn't' I don't see how that's offensive to other white people.
I think it'd be more of a "I hate white people, they're so full of.. [flaming and trashing about whites as a whole], I wish I wasn't". That is offensive.

Offline .: ♥ Kiniia ♥ :.

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • yes yes i would like a coffee pls.
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur and blonde hair with very light cyan
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slight and weak
  • Currently: thingken of goign fast... ;~;
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 09:25:48 PM »
I agree, and if people like that then yes it is offensive, as I said before. It just seems that tweak wasn't going to let anybody say that they were displeased about being human. That's what I have a problem with Puncia.

I hope you will remember me, At least say so to comfort me, You say goodbye so easily, Its now or never, It may seem really pitiful, But life became too beautiful, The pain of love unbearable, It's now or never, Gone Forever.

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 09:37:03 PM »
as a therian
this
"You are ALL human, you are all of the species "homo sapiens" and as much as you may wish to be an animal, you cannot."

is offensive.
by all means bashing is not right.
but you are also wrong.

I realise Riku also posted about it. It was in no way intended to be offensive. It is merely a biological fact that you are indeed a human. I am not completely familiar with Therian beliefs but from what I understand they are a feeling that your soul (or similar) is an animal. However, biologically you are still human.

It just seems that tweak wasn't going to let anybody say that they were displeased about being human. That's what I have a problem with Puncia.

Not at all. Having not seen the original issues I can understand why you misinterpreted it. My problem is with continual complaining and flaming against being human or humans.

As you correctly stated we may not always like the actions of others but it gets tiresome seeing people wish they weren't human, something they cannot change continually being posted. I had a few complaints about it from other members so had to post.

I apologise for any offense you may have taken for this, none was intended and I'm sure you know me well enough to know I would never attack the community. Your input is, however, much appreciated.